TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Reba, and thank you for the information and your input!
:welcome5:

One more thing, regarding the timeline, there seems too be different interpitations. Regarding the three mom statement, to me it seems she was watching toy story with joshua, he left the room around 7:40, maybe she was on the phone/facebook/dozed off our something,and around 8 ish she got up to look for him,
Basically, I think the 7:40 time is when she last saw him, not when she started looking for him. But I could be wrong, and if so, let me know :)

ITA but if she started looking for him (about 20 min. later) so about 8:00 that is when Dad last saw him, why couldn't he be found within several minutes with everyone looking (inside & out)?

If the times were a guess (of course), someone pointed out a logical way to try & narrow the time down; where was Toy Story at (I bet she looked at the clock when she put the movie in) and where was the game at (seems the beanie thing was at or near 1/2 time). Apparently there were more people with Dad, so wouldn't they be able to help narrow things down over all?

ITA but if she started looking for him (about 20 min. later) so about 8:00 that is when Dad last saw him, why couldn't he be found within several minutes with everyone looking (inside & out)?

If the times were a guess (of course), someone pointed out a logical way to try & narrow the time down; where was Toy Story at (I bet she looked at the clock when she put the movie in) and where was the game at (seems the beanie thing was at or near 1/2 time). Apparently there were more people with Dad, so wouldn't they be able to help narrow things down over all?

Good points. Often times, when looking at these cases, I try to put myself in the family's shoes. In the course of my day, I don't really pay much attention to the time. If I had to remember something, it would probably be based on whatever was going on as opposed to the actual clock. Like a basketball game. But even with that, I'm not sure I could state a specific time during the day or night. Those involved would know what time the game started and generally the time Mom said - "Hey, where is Joshua?"

What gets me about this particular case is how quickly they called LE. We've seen plenty of cases where the family waited hours to call, even though they felt something was wrong early on. But here, we wonder why they called so soon. That tells me they either already knew what had happened and were trying to cover it up, or that Mom's gut feeling that someone had taken Joshua is right on the money.

I go with the latter only because I have not seen or heard anything that leads me to believe the parents would hurt that baby or that all the others in the home that night would cover for them. And also because if someone did take him, there is a better chance he is okay and being cared for somewhere.

No MSM on Joshua in two days. We need to bring him home or get his name and picture back in the press. Soon.

Is there a way too check tv listings for that night? I think abc family may have played it that night, but I could definitely be wrong. if so it would have ended around 8. Then again, with the toy story toys and table, he probably had the dvd.

I can't fault them for calling 911 "as fast as they did" ... after all, that is what has been drilled into those of us who read here. They had searched the house and the immediate area outside IIRC. Calling 911 was the best use of resources.

However, I still think their stories don't add up and wouldn't be surprised to read that Joshua's parents (yes plural) were involved with his disappearance.

eta

• If your child is missing from home, search the house checking closets, piles of laundry, in and under beds, inside large appliances, and inside vehicles, including trunks—wherever a child may crawl or hide.
  • If you still cannot find your child,immediately call your local law enforcement agency.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=244

I'm so glad it sounds like LE has a grip on this. Lil Josh is so precious - his family must be nutz with worry.

Reba welcome!

Can you tell us where you got the information (posted in your blog) about who has taken and passed the LDT?

If his whole family has passed the exam (mom is still untested I assume) - that is a huge piece of the puzzle.

I can't fault them for calling 911 "as fast as they did" ... after all, that is what has been drilled into those of us who read here. They had searched the house and the immediate area outside IIRC. Calling 911 was the best use of resources.

However, I still think their stories don't add up and wouldn't be surprised to read that Joshua's parents (yes plural) were involved with his disappearance.

Not so sure Noway, that they did search outside before the Grandfather called 911 IMO. Just feeding off your post; I posted the question only a page or two ago; quotes from the MSP did NOT attest to this. However, someone posted a link that some other householders did do an outside search. There is nobody (to my recall) of anyone stating they (people in the house) actually searched outside before or after the 911 call. . I have to say, I find that very strange...in the short (TINY) time this baby was missing & that is my point. Given the latch, snow, friends/family in the house, the last thing I would think is an abduction! AND then NOT to look outside????

I am sorry, if I offend anyone with my comments & opinions, but my focus is only on the victim of these situations & yes...if the story doesn't add up...there will be questions, so I do not apologize for asking questions or concerns & that is why I love Webslueths so much.

The lack of news coverage greatly disturbs me too. Even when there is new coverage, there seems to be nothing "new" in the articles. How about everyone of the Web Sleuths following this forum write the editor of the Herald-Zeitung and request coverage that could answer some questions, that could further the case in a positive way. I respect the police keeping the investigation info close to the vest and do not think quenching our curiousness warrants compromising the investigation, but on the other hand I do believe there are a lot of people out here who care and putting the info out there will encourage more support from the public....and it just takes one valid lead from the public to make a difference. The Herald has links to the staff's emails. If not the editor we could write the reporter assigned to covering this story. We could send them a list of questions that need answering like:

What are the lie detector results?
Why were the bucket and tarp taken from the back yard?
Who exactly lives in the home?
Who was the friend?
Why didn't the friend take a lie detector test?
When exactly was Joshua last seen?
Did the dogs find any scent of the child in the yard?

I am certain you all could compile a much more thorough list of questions and then everyone could bombard them with email requesting improved news coverage and they would be armed with more information/education regarding the case.

Not so sure Noway, that they did search outside before the Grandfather called 911 IMO. Just feeding off your post; I posted the question only a page or two ago; quotes from the MSP did NOT attest to this. However, someone posted a link that some other householders did do an outside search. There is nobody (to my recall) of anyone stating they (people in the house) actually searched outside before or after the 911 call. . I have to say, I find that very strange...in the short (TINY) time this baby was missing & that is my point. Given the latch, snow, friends/family in the house, the last thing I would think is an abduction! AND then NOT to look outside????

I am sorry, if I offend anyone with my comments & opinions, but my focus is only on the victim of these situations & yes...if the story doesn't add up...there will be questions, so I do not apologize for asking questions or concerns & that is why I love Webslueths so much.

BBM - I believe the mom said (on NG?) she ran outside to search when Josh was first found to be missing.

It's possible some were looking outside at the same time Grandpa called 911.

I ran out of the house and everyone started looking, and we called the police about 10 minutes because we realized we had no -- nowhere to -- where we hadn`t found him.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/10/ng.02.html

eta
That is the mom SB talking.

From that same link:

LT. MICHAEL PENSHORN, NEW BRAUNFELS POLICE DEPARTMENT (VIA TELEPHONE): Exactly. I agree. When you have that many people in a residence, obviously, there are people that probably have information and for whatever reason are not necessarily sharing it with the police.

eta

• If your child is missing from home, search the house checking closets, piles of laundry, in and under beds, inside large appliances, and inside vehicles, including trunks—wherever a child may crawl or hide.
  • If you still cannot find your child,immediately call your local law enforcement agency.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=244

Hey Sweetie, my last post... I trust you/everyone understood my whole post didn't mean you in particular...just answering & expounding on your great post.:blowkiss:

Since I still suspect the parents, I find the comment by Penshorn more interesting than the comment by the mother.

I want to know who made the call to her to tell her about the Facebook post that he'd been found.

Jmo~ with a child tbat young, the second
anyone suspects he/she appears to be "missing" if there is more than one adult in tje home, at least one should RUN outside and begin calling the child, looking up and down the street and knocking on doors to get as many neighbors involved in the search as possible. When they ask how yhey can help send THEM back to the home to help with an interior search. My som only went missing once... he was 3 doors down INSIDE a 6 ft fence innocently swinging on their swingset. Thank God he was ok. I even left his sister who is only a year older and was 5 at the time to "look" for him. Within MAYBE 3 min there were 4 adults inside my home and about 10 outdoors. It was almost.dusk... and that family was not home. My neighbors middle sxhool.aged child saw him from her kitchen window. All that screaming... he was totally oblivious. Mostly cause EVERY dog in the neighborhood was barking like crazy due to the commotion, including the dachshunds in the back yard with him.
IDK- if the child is in the house he'll get found,but outside, with cars and dogs scary people... It just TO ME anyway needs to be checked immed after a very quick sweep and calling out to come and get their favorite treat... When he didnt come running for lollipops, I almost knew he was not in the house!
MOO

Hey Sweetie, my last post... I trust you/everyone understood my whole post didn't mean you in particular...just answering & expounding on your great post.:blowkiss:

LOL it would take more than that to offend me. :)

Did LE take anything from the house other than the bucket and tarp? I wonder if they have a computer.

SB: There was a family friend in the house, and that was the latch that the door had been opened. And I at first thought, like, maybe the friend had took him. But the police say there`s no signs of that. So they said he had been in and out the back door. I thought maybe he could have slipped -- like, walked out the back door. But I highly believe that -- I believe that wasn`t the case, either, because when I walked out the back porch, there was ice all over the steps. It was too cold. And my baby`s real smart. I mean, if it was that cold, he would have found a way to come knock on the door, or there would have been signs of him out the back door because it was icy.

I wonder who "they" is. And is the "he" Joshua (I think it is)?

Was that why he was warmly dressed ... because he was in and out the back door? Is that his play zone?

Always with the questions, never with the answers. sigh

LOL it would take more than that to offend me. :)

Did LE take anything from the house other than the bucket and tarp? I wonder if they have a computer.

TMK no, that I have read.

Hate to say it, but LE may not be releasing any info because they have what they need. They would build public interest if they needed the public's help kind of thing. Right now they may be working a specific theory, I mean they have ruled out abduction. If either parent is involved, they deserve Emmys and oscars for their performances!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme