TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.neighborcity.com/propert...Circle-New-Braunfels-TX-78130-146826-1192582/
Sorry, the bedroom info was on a previously posted link, the one above. Between the two links (Sorry, I really thought it was all on one), you can see that it's more than 1500 square feet, four bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. For a mobile home, that's a lot of space to cover.

Four bedrooms, closets, under the beds, and with so many people inside, it seems it would take a while to figure out that he wasn't even inside the house especially if doors were closed and no one saw him get out. Then if someone feared he did go outside, calling his name and searching outside would take longer. Then would come the call to LE. To me, 20 minutes seems like a very short time before calling if all these possibilities were exhausted beforehand. MOO

According to one of the posters on the Find Joshua Davis facebook page, it was stated that there was a party that night at the Davis home, and there were a number of people standing outside, smoking and drinking beer when the police arrived. I do not mention this to be judgmental, only that it is what was said by the poster. The poster claimed one of the earliest videos showed this party outside, but I have not located the video in question, so for the time being must assume this is a rumor only.

I only mention it because if there were people in their yard, then perhaps all were not known well to the family which could increase the odds of this being an abduction. As someone said earlier, when a bunch of adults get together, they really are less apt to be paying attention to a small child. To which I would add, esp. if they are in a partying mood, and in their early twenties.

It could very well be that the mother was inside, and the dad had taken Joshua outside, and then simply lost track of him or wasn't paying close enough attention to his son's whereabouts. The story about the beanie may have happened at an earlier time, and not at 8:00PM or happened on another day. I know nothing about this family, and ordinarily I would find it hard to believe they would decide to say he disappeared from inside the home as opposed to the outside, but, if they'd had any intervention in the past from CPS, then they might have been fearful enough to alter the story a bit.

All it takes is for one SO to be in the group, seize opportunity, and disappear with the child.

I have gone back and forth on this case, abduction, wandering off, parental involvement, and so on, but I really don't think this couple knows what happened to Joshua. Currently, I think he was abducted, but not from their house, from their yard.

If any kind of cover-up is involved in this case, I'm thinking it was only that the dad wasn't paying attention, and that Joshua went missing outside the home instead of inside. This scenario makes the most sense to me currently.

I really wish we could get down to the bottom of whether or not there was a party at the house that night. Maybe it wasn't a planned party, and just a bunch of neighbors got together in their yard or someone is altogether mistaken.

Still that area, those yards are so flat and open, it's just hard to swallow that someone could have snatched Joshua without being seen by anyone else. Then again, maybe the six year old had been told to watch Joshua. We all know how that could go.

I've seen the same comments justthinkin. I've looked for that video since early, early this morning. If you find it let me know. I'm not really buying it, but if there is a video, I'd like to see it.

I would think the people standing around when the police arrived would be because they'd been looking for the baby .. I doubt they'd been standing around "chewing the fat" because it had gotten cold again that evening .. we had record cold during that time... Can't picture hanging around outside for a party..

I brought up the potty training question ONLY because of the way the Dad used the word 'dirty' 2 times in a row when reminiscing about his missing toddler. I just found it an odd word to use, and it made me think of all the toddlers who are beaten or killed over messy potty accidents.

And I totaly agree that 18 months is too early to expect toilet training. But with the mom being 8 months pregnant I bet much of the childcare is being left to Dad now. And he has said other things which made me think he had high expectations. He talked about asking his son to pick up all of his toys and clean the room. And he asked him to stop messing with his hat. Hmmm...

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=12511467
Her mother's boyfriend, Calvin Jones, told police he hit her with a basketball shoe and the back of his hand Friday after the toddler, who was potty training, soiled herself.

NY toddler beaten to death (News 24 South Africa) | MammasWay.com
Nov 23, 2008 ... A New York teenager has been charged with murder after authorities say he beat a toddler to death because she had a potty-training accident. ...
mammasway.com/.../ny-t

Couple Plead Guilty in Toddler Death - Potty Training
Feb 9, 2011 ... A couple on Tuesday pleaded guilty in the death of a toddler who was beaten after a potty-training accident and never treated for his ...
pottytrainingpower.com/news/couple-plead-guilty-in-toddler-death/ - Cached

toddler; beaten with belt; whipped; urinating on himself - WREG
Nov 12, 2009 ... toddler; beaten with belt; whipped; urinating on himself. ... "He's there hands on every day in their life, potty-training them, ...
www.wreg.com/.../wreg-toddlerbeatenwithbelt-story,0,999591.story - Cached

Well Hon, that certainly made a point.
Sometimes I think we forget this type of terrible crime happens.

I'm afraid this child died at home. imoo

Yea, sorry didn't mean to offend you...I just meant people are looking for info and none was being disseminated.

I can't speak for Nurse of course. But I"m willing to bet the farm that you didn't offend her (only because I"ve posted along side her for so long).

I'm pretty sure she meant she was yelling with frustration of the lack of media :)

JMHO

I would think the people standing around when the police arrived would be because they'd been looking for the baby .. I doubt they'd been standing around "chewing the fat" because it had gotten cold again that evening .. we had record cold during that time... Can't picture hanging around outside for a party..

As I said, it might also be bogus info. I agree about the weather, and about people standing around out there. Perhaps there was a party earlier, and someone mistook family members waiting outside for the police, for party goers from earlier?

I kind of remember seeing that video, but I'd have to see it again. I'm sure when I first saw it, I wouldn't have known what or who I was looking at, but now I think I could spot the mom or dad, perhaps the granpa.

If I find it, I'll post it here.

Couldn't we just stick to the actual facts that have been reported? I don't recall seeing anything official about a party going on. Could it have been the original "search party" that was looking for Joshua when it was believed he wandered away?

There just seems to be so much baseless speculation going on, I feel it's clouding the information we do have.

Not saying any of it won't wind up to be the truth but, for now, Joshua is still missing.

MOO.

Couldn't we just stick to the actual facts that have been reported? I don't recall seeing anything official about a party going on. Could it have been the original "search party" that was looking for Joshua when it was believed he wandered away?

There just seems to be so much baseless speculation going on, I feel it's clouding the information we do have.

Not saying any of it won't wind up to be the truth but, for now, Joshua is still missing.

MOO.

Thank you!! ITA!

We do know a bucket & a tarp were taken from the back yard, I wonder how long the testing will take? Not that they will tell us the results. :waiting:

Davis said the night baby Joshua went missing, there was a full house, including baby Joshua, Davis’ older son, Davis’ father and his father’s girlfriend and his grandfather and a friend they had over. They were watching the Boston Celtics play the Dallas Mavericks.

Offhand so that I don't have to search this the last thread please does this match up with Moms description of who was in the home?

Thank you in advance (not being lazy I'm pressed for time---I'm sorry:))

According to link above by HiHater, the friend that left around 8:00 has declined to take a LDT. I wonder what explanation he gave for a reason? That sounds suspicious to me.

Was the friend a regular visitor?

Can anyone verify the game time for the Celtics-Maverick game? Maybe what was going on about 8:00 - half time, end of quarter?

watcher for some reason I can't read the content of the article. For me it says members only...etc. I can only read what HiH C&P'ed here.

Can you tell me exactly who is saying that the friend declined? Father, LE statment?

TIA.

(I don't know about the game I'm sorry)

Thanks HiHater...

So is this the same "friend" that the mother referred to when she stated that LE wasn't listening to her?? (sorry, can't find the article)

I also noticed the dogs could not pick up his scent "outside the yard", so they had found his scent in the yard? Does anyone know how long a "scent" can be left and the dogs still be able to pick it up? (also factoring in the weather conditions)

According to link above by HiHater, the friend that left around 8:00 has declined to take a LDT. I wonder what explanation he gave for a reason? That sounds suspicious to me.

Can anyone verify the game time for the Celtics-Maverick game? Maybe what was going on about 8:00 - half time, end of quarter?

Thanks everyone who has posted such detail and helped me catch up. I've been without internet for two weeks with the exception of a few minutes on my daughter's computer. I'm interested in the friend who left very close to the baby being discovered missing. Is there any information on just how long this friend was at the home that day? I'm wondering if he was there for some time, or just a quick drop in.

watcher for some reason I can't read the content of the article. For me it says members only...etc. I can only read what HiH C&P'ed here.

Can you tell me exactly who is saying that the friend declined? Father, LE statment?

TIA.

(I don't know about the game I'm sorry)

According to that article, the father is the one saying the friend will not take the lie detector test, and the article also says the police asked the father not to name the family friend...

I'm wondering if LE has checked cell phone records---did the parents call this family friend during the search for baby Joshua---or can they get the family friends cell phone records and pings to see where he was headed or where he went that night, then search those areas. Or, do they have to name the family friend a suspect before any of that can be done?

The game started at 5 PST/ 7 PM (CST). I can't remember for sure what time half time was, but somewhere around 8 PM would sound about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18