TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain what you think would motivate nine people who knew and loved the child to be emotionally capable of covering up his death after witnessing him being beaten to death without intervening? That just seems to stretch credulity for me.

I use the word "dirty" to mean "messy" or "untidy". If my child was missing, I'm sure I might express that I even missed the messes and hassles involved with taking care of her. Are you now concerned that I am a danger to her?

Can you explain what you think someone who wouldn't beat their child to death would do when the child pulled on their hat, if not ask them to stop?

I don't have any clear indication that any of these people did any thing wrong. I only made the comment that I found the dad's use of the word' dirty' kind of odd, when discussing his missing child. As I mentioned above, and included several examples, 'dirty' diapers trigger many parents to beat their toddlers for some reason. This young dad mentioned several times , things that seemed kind of odd for an 18 month old child. Having to pick up his 'dirty' toys, telling him to stop touching the dad's hat, things like that made me wonder if PERHAPS the dad had unrealistic expectations for this toddler.
I am not making a formal accusation, just wondering out loud.
And if he had lost his temper and hit the child too hard, that does not implicate ALL of the other adults. He could have hidden the child by himself.
It has happened that way before, too many times to count.

Granted certain words can be spoken due to education level and I dont think IMO that what the dad said can be turned into some sort of hatred toward his child.

However I can say with full conviction that any kid can be beaten to death no matter how many people in the house. There are examples out there of children murdered with grandparents and other relatives right in the house.

(snipped)
Can you explain what you think someone who wouldn't beat their child to death would do when the child pulled on their hat, if not ask them to stop?

If the child was supposed to be in the bedroom with Mom, I would smile at the baby, pick him up gently and return him to his mother. I definitely would not just say "stop".

I personally think that a person who takes the time to teach a toddler would be much less likely to beat the child than a parent who just wants the baby to stop pulling his beanie.

NMK, is the square footage info on the accessors site as well?

Yes, it includes the owners name, year built, year that it changed owners, number of bedroom, and square footage. And a whole lot of old tax records.

I brought up the potty training question ONLY because of the way the Dad used the word 'dirty' 2 times in a row when reminiscing about his missing toddler. I just found it an odd word to use, and it made me think of all the toddlers who are beaten or killed over messy potty accidents.

And I totaly agree that 18 months is too early to expect toilet training. But with the mom being 8 months pregnant I bet much of the childcare is being left to Dad now. And he has said other things which made me think he had high expectations. He talked about asking his son to pick up all of his toys and clean the room. And he asked him to stop messing with his hat. Hmmm...

http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=12511467
Her mother's boyfriend, Calvin Jones, told police he hit her with a basketball shoe and the back of his hand Friday after the toddler, who was potty training, soiled herself.

NY toddler beaten to death (News 24 South Africa) | MammasWay.com
Nov 23, 2008 ... A New York teenager has been charged with murder after authorities say he beat a toddler to death because she had a potty-training accident. ...
mammasway.com/.../ny-t

Couple Plead Guilty in Toddler Death - Potty Training
Feb 9, 2011 ... A couple on Tuesday pleaded guilty in the death of a toddler who was beaten after a potty-training accident and never treated for his ...
pottytrainingpower.com/news/couple-plead-guilty-in-toddler-death/ - Cached

toddler; beaten with belt; whipped; urinating on himself - WREG
Nov 12, 2009 ... toddler; beaten with belt; whipped; urinating on himself. ... "He's there hands on every day in their life, potty-training them, ...
www.wreg.com/.../wreg-toddlerbeatenwithbelt-story,0,999591.story - Cached

Once again, taken out of context, imo. He asked him to pick up his toys...not pick up his toys and clean the house. Clean the house would be too high of expectations, but asking him to pick up his own toys in a confined area is not. MOO.

Yes, it includes the owners name, year built, year that it changed owners, number of bedroom, and square footage. And a whole lot of old tax records.

Could you just include a link to the tax assesors site? Apparently they're in Guadalupe County - as Comal doesn't have a link to their property.

Thanks

It's Guadalupe County, and I'll post the link as soon as I know I won't get in trouble. The only reason that I am holding off is because it includes the owners name. And cause Imamaze already had to clean up after me once today.

Once again, taken out of context, imo. He asked him to pick up his toys...not pick up his toys and clean the house. Clean the house would be too high of expectations, but asking him to pick up his own toys in a confined area is not. MOO.

I should not have included the term 'clean the house.' I agree. But I was meaning that in reference to his use of the word 'dirty' twice. Picking up his toys would not make the room less 'dirty.' Dirty is not the same thing as messy. imo.

Again, I have no idea if the Dad did anything wrong. I am just commenting upon his odd way of phrasing things and his seemingly high expectations of an 18 month old child.

I really do not understand that LE is just moving out the search perimeter to over one mile now, if that was reported correctly. And in a case like this, with a baby, I would have expected searches by LE and volunteers to be taking place each of the past 11 days, from dusk til dawn, which should have allowed much more than a mile to be searched. It does not seem as though that has been happening. Has LE searched every single day, does anyone know? If not, why wouldn't they? They don't seem to have made enough progress of any other type to believe he is NOT out there. :(
I see that 3 search groups are going to search for Hailey Dunn again this weekend, I wish one of them would detour to NB and search for this child.

I don't see anything wrong with linking to it, I don't see the tax records or the owner of the home being tied to the case so I don't think we should be discussing any of that. Discussing the home is fine and I agree it will give everyone a better idea of the layout of the home.

Ima

Babies understand the words "no" or "stop" by 1 year, at least, some even earlier. So I don't think telling him to stop pulling on his beanie is having high expectations.
As for his choice of words, I have to consider the situation these parents are in. I sometimes choose the wrong words, and I don't have a toddler missing. I am sure that they are frustrated, scared, on the verge of losing hope, probably unable to sleep wondering where he is.

Thanks
I tried going through the GIS - which takes you to that site .. since it was in Guadalupe it didn't link ..

Where are you finding the information on the number of bedrooms in the house?

I don't see that on the tax assessment page, just the square footage and type of home (mobile home).

Thanks.

If the child was supposed to be in the bedroom with Mom, I would smile at the baby, pick him up gently and return him to his mother. I definitely would not just say "stop".

I personally think that a person who takes the time to teach a toddler would be much less likely to beat the child than a parent who just wants the baby to stop pulling his beanie.

The beanie thingy seems important to me, maybe just because he may have been annoying his father. On the flip side, it may have happened exactly like the dad said, he told the boy to stop and he smiled.

Children at 18 months can understand No, Stop, Go, Up, Down---the basics. So while the dad could have redirected him, a simple no may have also sufficed. JMO

The beanie thingy seems important to me, maybe just because he may have been annoying his father. On the flip side, it may have happened exactly like the dad said, he told the boy to stop and he smiled.

Children at 18 months can understand No, Stop, Go, Up, Down---the basics. So while the dad could have redirected him, a simple no may have also sufficed. JMO

To me, the reason it is important is that it is apparently, the LAST reported sighting of little Joshua. At 8pm, dad tells him to stop playing with his beanie, and then the kid goes missing.

Add to that, the statement from Mom, that at 7:40, she 'knew he was missing' when he did not come back into the room to watch the movie with her.

I still cannot understand what happened in that 20 minute interval when the baby was 'missing' according to mom, yet is just yards away with Dad. Makes no sense to me.
================================================================
JD: “I last saw my son around 8 last night. He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled. That was the last time I saw him.”
SB: “They have no leads. I last saw him around 7:40 p.m. in my room watching ‘Toy Story.’ When I realized he hadn’t come back to watch with me, I realized he was missing.”
================================================== =

To me, the reason it is important is that it is apparently, the LAST reported sighting of little Joshua. At 8pm, dad tells him to stop playing with his beanie, and then the kid goes missing.

Add to that, the statement from Mom, that at 7:40, she 'knew he was missing' when he did not come back into the room to watch the movie with her.

I still cannot understand what happened in that 20 minute interval when the baby was 'missing' according to mom, yet is just yards away with Dad. Makes no sense to me.
================================================================
JD: “I last saw my son around 8 last night. He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled. That was the last time I saw him.”
SB: “They have no leads. I last saw him around 7:40 p.m. in my room watching ‘Toy Story.’ When I realized he hadn’t come back to watch with me, I realized he was missing.”
================================================== =

I don't know why she'd automatically assume missing either, maybe she had a bad feeling or worded that wrong...In a house with 9 people, missing would be my last thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandalent