TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered that there was clothing found near/in the dingo's den, but that wasn't until later on, right? I was thinking though that from the campsite, there was no trace of the baby being taken? That's why I was thinking that Joshua may have been snatched without a trace too.

This case was a travesty. There was blood, torn bedding and a knocked over bassinet in the tent and trackers found a trail with imprints from something heavy being carried by a large animal - no pictures were ever taken even tho the police officer had his camera in the truck and the scene was never secured.

A nightmare case for sure. (story at link)

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/not_guilty/chamberlain1/3.html

This case was a travesty. There was blood, torn bedding and a knocked over bassinet in the tent and trackers found a trail with imprints from something heavy being carried by a large animal - no pictures were ever taken even tho the police officer had his camera in the truck and the scene was never secured.

A nightmare case for sure. (story at link)

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/not_guilty/chamberlain1/3.html

Thank you, LCoastMom. I didn't follow that case very closely. What I know is just from a few media reports, I remember hearing.

I believe LE's two square miles is a bit different than searching in a circular radius of 2 miles. Could be wrong.

Edited to add: I believe they need to have a standard of a 2 1/2 mile radius for all missing children. They have only the parent's guestimates of how long the child was missing. When parents are in a panic I don't believe times are totally accurate to the minute.

My opinion only

In case anyone doesn't know...a 2 mile radius search area would be about 12.5 square miles.

Add my voice to those who have followed other cases and thinks it's ridiculous they didn't expand the search area much earlier.

I'd never heard of that case ( I was born in 1980 lol)

but how sad!!! I read the tru TV article and it made it seem as though the parents were exonerated end of story.. but i found this on wikipedia...what a travesty

Subsequently, after a further investigation and second inquest, Azaria's mother, Lindy Chamberlain, was tried for murder. Lindy was convicted of murder on 29 October 1982 and sentenced to life imprisonment. Azaria's father, Michael Chamberlain, was convicted as an accessory after the fact and given a suspended sentence.

The media focus for the trial was extraordinarily intense and sensational. The Chamberlains made several unsuccessful appeals, including the final High Court appeal. After all legal options had been exhausted, the chance discovery of a piece of Azaria's clothing in an area full of dingo lairs led to Lindy Chamberlain's release from prison, on "compassionate grounds." She was later exonerated of all charges.

Good point, but I slightly disagree. I don't find the statement odd, because babies do make a mess with things, and a loving parent would miss cleaning up those messes, IMO. I've known people who have lost children to illness or a horrible accident and recall some of them saying how much they miss them, even with all the trouble they got into.
I would find it odd if the parents tried to make it sound like a child was perfect, never any trouble, just an absolute angel, but that's just MY opinion.

Once I read the exact words that Joshua's father said (thanks to not_my_kids for posting the quote), and all the other comments by sleuthers, it did make me think this was not such an inappropriate statement by Joshua's father.

The clothing was found a week after Baby Azaria went missing, 2.5 miles from where they had been camping.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/not_guilty/chamberlain1/5.html

IIRC it was remains that were found much later (along with a piece of clothing or blanket).

I apologize - it was more clothing found near the remains of another body, not far from the first discovery of clothing. (My memory isn't what it used to be - I blame the Anthonys overload and all ;) )

Thank you, LCoastMom. I didn't follow that case very closely. What I know is just from a few media reports, I remember hearing.

Tuffy I followed that case with absolute disbelief at what was done to Lindy and the family. Part 3 of that series was very interesting - how years later the "evidence" was disproved.

Just out of curiosity, since I noticed that one of my posts was edited to remove full name. Do we have to keep it to initials even if the person has been named by and made a public statement to MSM? TIA.

I apologize - it was more clothing found near the remains of another body, not far from the first discovery of clothing. (My memory isn't what it used to be - I blame the Anthonys overload and all ;) )

Tuffy I followed that case with absolute disbelief at what was done to Lindy and the family. Part 3 of that series was very interesting - how years later the "evidence" was disproved.

I can't find anything about remains being found :(

I did just read they are doing yet ANOTHER inquest, the fouth, this year 2011..
that poor family :(

Just out of curiosity, since I noticed that one of my posts was edited to remove full name. Do we have to keep it to initials even if the person has been named by and made a public statement to MSM? TIA.

That was my understanding. I've been here forever and only learned that a couple months ago while posting on another case.

Okay. Thank you. I thought it was okay if they were mentione din the media, but I'll be more careful from now on. It helps to know that stuff when transcribing. :)

Once I read the exact words that Joshua's father said (thanks to not_my_kids for posting the quote), and all the other comments by sleuthers, it did make me think this was not such an inappropriate statement by Joshua's father.

I still think it was a bit hinky. I guess it bothers me a bit because so many toddlers have ended up dead after making 'dirty messes' in their pants. And this dad used the word 'dirty' twice in a row, which I found odd, when speaking of his missing baby.
I am sure it is nit=picky of me, but I still feel weird about his choice of words.

Can we post info on the house, as in who owns it and the square footage and all that?

I wouldn't put the name on the board, just the link to the info on the tax assessors site.

I still think it was a bit hinky. I guess it bothers me a bit because so many toddlers have ended up dead after making 'dirty messes' in their pants. And this dad used the word 'dirty' twice in a row, which I found odd, when speaking of his missing baby.
I am sure it is nit=picky of me, but I still feel weird about his choice of words.

I can see what you mean, but 18 months is a bit early for potty training.

Can we post info on the house, as in who owns it and the square footage and all that?

I wouldn't put the name on the board, just the link to the info on the tax assessors site.

I still haven't heard back about posting the photos :(

I hope I can because it would help people understand the home better. The square footage is almost as large as that of my two story home, and there are more bedrooms in that mobile home than there are in my house. It makes me think that maybe it would have been easier than thought for Joshua to slip out.

At first I thought it wouldn't make sense for an 18 month old to wander off in the cold at night, but just did a "Google drive" and it looks like there are sheds, and outdoor play swings and such in yards up and down the street. Quite a few things that would attract a curious baby. The possibility that he did sneak off is quite plausible, but what happened after that, I can't imagine that in eleven days LE hasn't been able to locate where JD was able to go in a matter of 20 minutes...

At first I thought it wouldn't make sense for an 18 month old to wander off in the cold at night, but just did a "Google drive" and it looks like there are sheds, and outdoor play swings and such in yards up and down the street. Quite a few things that would attract a curious baby. The possibility that he did sneak off is quite plausible, but what happened after that, I can't imagine that in eleven days LE hasn't been able to locate where JD was able to go in a matter of 20 minutes...

I can't get past the weather part to even consider that he walked away. It didn't even snow that badly in the part of TX I am in, but as an adult I had to have on full protective gear to go outside! I had never been that cold in my life, and on that day Feb 4, they cancelled school in a lot of places because of the ice and snow. So I just don't see it...

I can see what you mean, but 18 months is a bit early for potty training.

All three of my children were day trained by 18 months. My middle child was day and night trained by 14 months.

New Braunfels Police officials say they are still getting lots of tips from the public as the investigation into the disappearance of 18-month old Joshua Davis Jr. continues. Police have not named any suspects or persons of interest in connection with the toddler’s disappearance, and they say they are looking into each tip they get, and haven’t ruled out any possibilities about what may have happened to the 18-month old boy.
http://kgnb.am/news/nbpd-every-tip-being-followed-case-missing-toddler

Seems they are refuting the family statements that tips aren't being followed up on. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member