TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard for me to believe that if something did happen,everyone knew about it.To keep something like that quiet with that many people around ,would be hard to do.I feel that this person was alone with Joshua and something happened at that point.They kept quiet
like nothing happened,JMO.

That's what I think too. And people seemed to be spread out in different rooms with different activities. The mom seems to be the only one that was alone however. Dad was watching the game with friends. I think friends would be harder to keep quiet and in on a conspiracy too.

Dad last saw him at 8 supposedly. Mom said she last saw him at 7;40, and that is when she 'knew he was missing.' That has always bothered me. WHY would she think he was 'missing' so early, just because he left the bedroom and the video? My kids would always rather be in the livingroom with Dad and guests instead of watching a tape with me. I wouldn't have thought they were missing, just that they didn't want to go to sleep yet.

Perhaps she went and got him from the livingroom, and he was wound up and over excited, but she wanted him to get on his pj's, take his bath etc. Maybe she lashed out when he was being difficult and resisting her, so she
accidentally hurt him, badly. But how would she hide him without any help?

I think that the Dad would have an easier time doing that, imo.

As far as the LDT's go,I just would not believe anyone saying they passed it.We have all heard this one before.If LE said they passed it ,then I would believe it.They are not going to tell us so and I don't blame them for that.So here he are...

Yes, and now that brings the purported time line into question, but wow, no one's talking. All I can think of to compare this to is the Hailey Cummings case.

Kind of makes me wonder if the visiting friend wasn't set up to be the fall guy, ya know?

Oh my I hope not.I would like to think this could never happen again.All pointing fingers at each other and still sitting in jail.I think that bunch is a one of a kind and I am going to be nice and not say what kind they are.(holding back here)

www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_new...ssing-New-Braunfels-boy-continues-1018806.php

Police are saying this child has not been abducted, and did not wander off!

Doesn't leave many options that's for sure!

I don't believe Joshua was in the bedroom with mom watching Toy Story that night...I don't believe Joshua was in the house at all while there were guests there for the game. I believe something happened either earlier in the day or the night before..someone hurt Joshua...someone hurt him to the point of him never being okay again....and someone knows exactly where Joshua is...sorry, that's just my opinion.

"Police say the boy, who vanished from a mobile home crowded with adults on Feb. 4, didn't wander off. Tracking dogs haven't been able to pick up his scent, and exhaustive searches of a two-mile area around the boy's home have turned up no signs.

Police and abduction experts also have ruled out the possibility of a kidnapping."

So, that leaves few possibilities that I can think of:

1. child died accidentally in home, it was covered up
2. child was killed in home, it was covered up

Interesting that they are discounting abduction. My number one theory has always been the family friend...hmmm.

It is hard for me to believe that if something did happen,everyone knew about it.To keep something like that quiet with that many people around ,would be hard to do.I feel that this person was alone with Joshua and something happened at that point.They kept quiet
like nothing happened,JMO.

Yes, and now that brings the purported time line into question, but wow, no one's talking. All I can think of to compare this to is the Hailey Cummings case.

Kind of makes me wonder if the visiting friend wasn't set up to be the fall guy, ya know?

Me too Justhinkin. It's been over 2 years now since Haleigh disappeared off the face of the earth from her bed.

I would say that certainly no one in that home could have knowledge of what happened to Joshua and not tell. Certainly not? But then I think about the case you brought up and well to be honest I think a lot of adults are lying in that one. JMHO

We don't know how passed the LDT. LE hasn't said if anyone passed or failed. IIRC LDT's are used as an investigative tool and LE can't arrest someone because they fail the LDT alone.

But what little LE is saying is scary---no kidnapping. He didn't wander away. Makes me sad. :(

JMHO.

I don't believe Joshua was in the bedroom with mom watching Toy Story that night...I don't believe Joshua was in the house at all while there were guests there for the game. I believe something happened either earlier in the day or the night before..someone hurt Joshua...someone hurt him to the point of him never being okay again....and someone knows exactly where Joshua is...sorry, that's just my opinion.

That is my opinion too MomT.

I actually thought that at one point and that is still in my mind.I am sure that was one of the questions they asked everyone too.Did you see Joshua that day? LDT's are a good tool to get to the truth of the matter.That's why I think they know who did this,maybe not how or where he is.The bucket and tarp bother me too.

I would like to know when the last time was that someone outside the family saw Joshua alive. Neighbors...when was the last time you saw this child? Local Walmart and other retail outlets, have you checked your surveillance video footage and looked for Joshua? LE, have you asked local businesses for surveillance video?

I would also like to know how long the family has lived at the Savannah Hill Circle residence. I don't know anymore about SAR dogs than what I've read here at WS but I'm relatively positive a SAR dog, cadaver or otherwise can't track a scent that was never present...correct me if I'm wrong.

I would like to know when the last time was that someone outside the family saw Joshua alive. Neighbors...when was the last time you saw this child? Local Walmart and other retail outlets, have you checked your surveillance video footage and looked for Joshua? LE, have you asked local businesses for surveillance video?

I would also like to know how long the family has lived at the Savannah Hill Circle residence. I don't know anymore about SAR dogs than what I've read here at WS but I'm relatively positive a SAR dog, cadaver or otherwise can't track a scent that was never present...correct me if I'm wrong.

They are very good questions

I still do not want to suspect the mom or dad, and if one of them is implicated I will be SHOCKED. Like seriously shocked. Just because their behaviors and the FB updates do not seem like those of guilty people.

I can see a scenario where the baby does something and on accident someone harms him though. Maybe it wasn't mom or dad it could have been another relative or friend...

Why would everyone cover? Because you never know what other activities were going on in the house at the time...

They probably know he was alive that day because of the picture. It looks like a low-quality photo, maybe a cell phone shot that would be dated in a manner you cannot change. I say probably because Im just guessing. You're right though, little Joshua could have been gone earlier than what has been reported.

I am not sure that any thing can shock me after reading here for years. That's just me :)

I don't suspect either Mom or Dad or even grandpa or his friend or the godmother or the varying reports of which adults were in that home.

I really don't have one particular adult as a suspect in my mind but I will say this if it turns out that either Mom or Dad did do this to Joshua it won't surprise me at all.

We've seen so many cases where the Mom or the Dad knew that their significant other was abusing a child living in their home and lied right along with the SO--

or even their SO murdered one of their children and they supported and defended that SO.

It can be a psychological quagmire when we have to look at cases where that has happened.

Not saying it happened here but that it can happen is all.

And yes if you throw illegal activities (just theorizing and speculating) there is absolutely no indication or reports of any illegal activity going on here---then you have a whole 'nother ball of wax to contend with and what lengths adults will go to in order to CYA.

JMHO. Not pointing any fingers. :)

Don't you think that would have been determined long before now? Do you truly believe EVERYONE that was there that night would have said they had seen Joshua if they hadn't?

Not everyone there was a "guest." Most of them lived there and are related to this precious baby.

I am not sure that any thing can shock me after reading here for years. That's just me :)

I don't suspect either Mom or Dad or even grandpa or his friend or the godmother or the varying reports of which adults were in that home.

I really don't have one particular adult as a suspect in my mind but I will say this if it turns out that either Mom or Dad did do this to Joshua it won't surprise me at all.

We've seen so many cases where the Mom or the Dad knew that their significant other was abusing a child living in their home and lied right along with the SO--

or even their SO murdered one of their children and they supported and defended that SO.

It can be a psychological quagmire when we have to look at cases where that has happened.

Not saying it happened here but that it can happen is all.

And yes if you throw illegal activities (just theorizing and speculating) there is absolutely no indication or reports of any illegal activity going on here---then you have a whole 'nother ball of wax to contend with and what lengths adults will go to in order to CYA.

JMHO. Not pointing any fingers. :)

Hey Kat, well said...you mirrored my thoughts. We have seen the scenero played time after time (so sad).

Something is not adding up here big time (as they haven't found him), with the totality of the picture that night. LE seems to know it too IMO, with what they have said and what they haven't. I am not sure what happened that day or night. I don't even have a particular person to point a finger at (as if it mattered), except to say IMO I believe it starts & ends with someone in that house (that day/night), given what we know.

I can't recall if they have now determined or stated publically this is a criminal investigation, but it seems it is; with all the different agencies involved, not finding little J after all this time & in a short distance it is or will be.

Don't you think that would have been determined long before now? Do you truly believe EVERYONE that was there that night would have said they had seen Joshua if they hadn't?

Not everyone there was a "guest." Most of them lived there and are related to this precious baby.

Can I weigh in? Although I think it is very unlikely, I think it is important to keep in mind the family friend had left (when everything happened). The bus was aimed at the friend who left, but it is all the father's family that could possibly be hiding a secret. It is a possibility to keep in mind, along with the dwindling possibilities is it not?

They probably know he was alive that day because of the picture. It looks like a low-quality photo, maybe a cell phone shot that would be dated in a manner you cannot change. I say probably because Im just guessing. You're right though, luittle Joshua could have been gone earlier than what has been reported.

maybe a guest took the pic? It would be highly unlikely to snap a pic of your child on the day and in the very same clothes he disappeared in. 18 month olds drool and need a change of clothes so often! I also wonder why @ 7:40- 8:00 pm someone wouldn't have offered to help her get him in his jammies. Even if he was gonna stay up late... I would think at 8 months PG his mom would have needed to at least try and keep him on a semi- bedtime schedule, Mine are 14 months apart... I've been.there! but thats ... MOO

We really don't KNOW who besides the mom and dad has said they saw Joshua that night...even if they did see Joshua that day, we don't know what state he was in. NOT IMPLYING anything, but sometimes children who are abused/injured at the hands of their parents die later as a result of the injuries and not from the impact (if that makes sense).

From what I gather, the family friend was the only guest...

maybe a guest took the pic? It would be highly unlikely to snap a pic of your child on the day and in the very same clothes he disappeared in. 18 month olds drool and need a change of clothes so often! I also wonder why @ 7:40- 8:00 pm someone wouldn't have offered to help her get him in his jammies. Even if he was gonna stay up late... I would think at 8 months PG his mom would have needed to at least try and keep him on a semi- bedtime schedule, Mine are 14 months apart... I've been.there! but thats ... MOO

I don't think that would be unlikely at all, my daughter is one (13 months) and she wears one outfit per day, then she changes into jammies for bed. That's barring some sort of accident where she spills something...we use a bib for feeding and drool, so her clothes don't get messed up.

Can I weigh in? Although I think it is very unlikely, I think it is important to keep in mind the family friend had left (when everything happened). The bus was aimed at the friend who left, but it is all the father's family that could possibly be hiding a secret. It is a possibility to keep in mind, along with the dwindling possibilities is it not?

Sorry, may I ask for clarification?

Are you saying something may have happened to the baby after the family friend was already gone?

Hi all,
Well - before I signed off for the evening just now, I went to check the SA Express News online, to see if there was anything new on the Joshua Davis story.

Got all excited about the news story I found, came over here and figured out how to get to this spot to report it - and geez louise, you guys had this hours ago. LOL

Only thing that I can add is that the comments feature on the EN site is interesting, it allows for comments, and then replies to the comments. Nothing really big there now, only 5 comments when I was there and 4 replies, but might be worth watching to see if anything gets added ....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ssing-New-Braunfels-boy-continues-1018806.php

And, I agree with Just Thinkin -- doesn't appear to be many options left if law enforcement is telling the media that the baby didn't wander off and that they aren't looking at this as a kidnapping.

Night everyone ....
and God bless,
Reba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads