TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, may I ask for clarification?

Are you saying something may have happened to the baby after the family friend was already gone?

It is a possibility since the friend left before the baby went missing. It could work both ways...the friend could have let with the baby (IF someone didn't walk their friend to the door, so they didn't notice) or the baby went missing after. Who knows at this point, just saying that is an option that is open.

ETA- Reread your question...there is the old saying "blood is thicker than water", it may or not apply here. I have no idea, but I am keeping an open mind is all.

maybe a guest took the pic? It would be highly unlikely to snap a pic of your child on the day and in the very same clothes he disappeared in. 18 month olds drool and need a change of clothes so often! I also wonder why @ 7:40- 8:00 pm someone wouldn't have offered to help her get him in his jammies. Even if he was gonna stay up late... I would think at 8 months PG his mom would have needed to at least try and keep him on a semi- bedtime schedule, Mine are 14 months apart... I've been.there! but thats ... MOO

Why is it unlikely? I took bajillions of pics of my first baby! There seem to be many pics of Joshua - which leads me to believe he was beloved by his parents.

God - I just don't want to believe they hurt him!

Hi all,
Well - before I signed off for the evening just now, I went to check the SA Express News online, to see if there was anything new on the Joshua Davis story.

Got all excited about the news story I found, came over here and figured out how to get to this spot to report it - and geez louise, you guys had this hours ago. LOL

Only thing that I can add is that the comments feature on the EN site is interesting, it allows for comments, and then replies to the comments. Nothing really big there now, only 5 comments when I was there and 4 replies, but might be worth watching to see if anything gets added ....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ssing-New-Braunfels-boy-continues-1018806.php

And, I agree with Just Thinkin -- doesn't appear to be many options left if law enforcement is telling the media that the baby didn't wander off and that they aren't looking at this as a kidnapping.

Night everyone ....
and God bless,
Reba

Thank you for the link with an update, more from it:
Police say the boy, who vanished from a mobile home crowded with adults on Feb. 4, didn't wander off. Tracking dogs haven't been able to pick up his scent, and exhaustive searches of a two-mile area around the boy's home have turned up no signs.

Police and abduction experts also have ruled out the possibility of a kidnapping.

Okay we have an update so to speak...so what possibilities are unfortunately left???

HiHater:
When my kids cut their "stomach teeth" at 18 months and it was around spring allergy season runny noses etc... when those teeth come in babies tend to prefer liquid over solids and do not chew their food well. They tend to get loose
stools or at the very least more frequent. I kinda meant poopie pants and ickiness not to gross anyone out, just sayin. Not impossible to stay clean at all! It never worked in my favor BUT disposable diapers weren't that great 18 years ago.
MOO

Why is it unlikely? I took bajillions of pics of my first baby! There seem to be many pics of Joshua - which leads me to believe he was beloved by his parents.

God - I just don't want to believe they hurt him!
You are right not unlikely at all with cell phones. my bad! At any rate a pic made thatsay would have a time stamp. To prove he was at the home that day

Thank you for the link with an update, more from it:

Okay we have an update so to speak...so what possibilities are unfortunately left???

Ya know - I don't want to bad-mouth LE, but they spent OVER a week searching for this baby thinking he DID just wander off. A one-mile radius and all kinds of dogs that failed to hit on anything.

I'm sorry, but I just don't have a great deal of faith in this investigation - from day (night) one.

Ya know - I don't want to bad-mouth LE, but they spent OVER a week searching for this baby thinking he DID just wander off. A one-mile radius and all kinds of dogs that failed to hit on anything.

I'm sorry, but I just don't have a great deal of faith in this investigation - from day (night) one.

Hopefully, they have been ALL-OVER-THIS from almost the beginning, but of course they wouldn't know on day one. But now, they know the results of the lie-detectors, they know if the stories of who was there if they match up, for whatever reason they took the bucket & tarp from the backyard. There is so much we don't know, but THEY KNOW. Wish we did too. :banghead:

Hopefully, they have been ALL-OVER-THIS from almost the beginning, but of course they wouldn't know on day one. But now, they know the results of the lie-detectors, they know if the stories of who was there if they match up, for whatever reason they took the bucket & tarp from the backyard. There is so much we don't know, but THEY KNOW. Wish we did too. :banghead:

I hope you're right, Dee. But while they may not have known day one, by day nine - they should have had a clue that Joshua had not wandered off.

I would think if anything significant was determined by the bucket and tarp, they would know by now.

LE may have been searching under false pretenses to the public, all the while knowing...if they believed something happened to him, they may have searched the radius' they did because it is likely he a perpetrator would leave him within that radius as well.

Is it possible that the guests name is not being released because they are a minor? I know it doesn't change much, as we all know that teens can be just as ruthless and do just as much damage as adults (not even teens for that matter.) I don't know. Just a random thought and I'm not attempting to sleuth this person if they are a minor. It's just odd that we get NO info on this person whatsoever, there must be a reason for that. Normally we would get at least a name, instead of reports that people were asked not to release the name.

Today's Herald-Zeitung article:

Sniped:

"The investigation continues...as they have people that they have to talk to, they bring them in," Penshorn said.

"I know there's been several that we've spoken to multiple times- generally, where a question comes up...we'll have them sit down and ask a few questions, and they'll leave again," he said.

Okay, who are these several people that leave after a few questions????

If they are talking to about 20 people, I think there were a few more in and out that night than was originally indicated. I know they would have to speak to some others (sex offenders) etc. but still...

As far as searching, they would have to do that even if they suspected a certain person, not knowing where Joshua is, even now. The searching itself doesn't tell me they aren't focusing on someone. In fact, I wish they would search more and further away.

We still don't know who the other baby in the house belongs to. I remember the mom saying her baby was "interested" in another baby...

What we need is a statement from everyone who was there that day and evening, as to when they saw the baby and what he was doing and what room he was in at different times. Compare the statements and see if some of them contradict each other. Also talk to the parents separately, have them go over the timeline again, and everything they remember about that day. Somebody who was there knows something they are not telling. Some kind of accident could have happened that only one or two people know about or the baby got into something that he shouldn't have and they're all afraid they'll be busted for drugs. Or child neglect.
I wonder if they've talked to the 6 year old. Kids that age can be good witnesses if the right person questions them.

Don't you think that would have been determined long before now? Do you truly believe EVERYONE that was there that night would have said they had seen Joshua if they hadn't?

Not everyone there was a "guest." Most of them lived there and are related to this precious baby.

Yes, my opinion is that LE along with the Texas Rangers and FBI have indeed determined that Joshua was never there that night. At the very least they have determined that he was not abducted, he did not wander off and the dogs did not catch his scent at the home. That only leaves one possibility in my mind, He was never there. It's just my opinion and I've been known to be wrong...go figure...:crazy:

As for EVERYONE keeping quiet...again, my opinion is Yes, it can and does happen. There are sub cultures within our society where large groups of people with a loyalty to one another would never, never, never tell on a fellow group member. Again this is just my opinion.

Here's a thought. I don't know if anyone else has brought this up...anyway...if Joshua was in that home all day that Friday there should be fresh diapers in the trash. There should be many diapers...at 18 months he is prob drinking from a sippy cup and I know at that age my son was peeing ALOT!!! So I wonder about that. Somewhere in that house should be signs of a little boy having been there all day...wet/dirty diapers, possibly soiled clothes, bedtime bottles, changes of clothes, dirty dishes, uneaten snacks..etc, etc.

Yes, my opinion is that LE along with the Texas Rangers and FBI have indeed determined that Joshua was never there that night. At the very least they have determined that he was not abducted, he did not wander off and the dogs did not catch his scent at the home. That only leaves one possibility in my mind, He was never there. It's just my opinion and I've been known to be wrong...go figure...:crazy:

As for EVERYONE keeping quiet...again, my opinion is Yes, it can and does happen. There are sub cultures within our society where large groups of people with a loyalty to one another would never, never, never tell on a fellow group member. Again this is just my opinion.
:seeya: Hi momtective, I totally agree and BTW, it isn't just your opinion, many of us share your view. Unfortunately, we have all seen it many times here on this website and on others.

:seeya: Hi momtective, I totally agree and BTW, it isn't just your opinion, many of us share your view. Unfortunately, we have all seen it many times here on this website and on others.

BBM
:wave: TL
Unfortunately we have my friend and it has jaded me to the point of automatically being suspicious every time a case like this comes up. I immediately start looking for the inconsistencies, unbalanced mannerisms of caregivers, lack of emotion, etc.... all of which I've seen with this case. I would love to be wrong on this one...nothing would make me happier than for Joshua to be alive and well and with one of their friends. Nothing would make me happier than for me, and others who agree with me, to be wrong.

LE not talking, not putting out any warnings to community to watch out for their little ones, not asking for help in solving the case (yes, they have a tip line) all makes me believe they are dealing with the perp within the group who was in the trailer that night. Apparently not a random thing. I just hope it does not turn into another Haleigh Cummings case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat