TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the baby comes home with his parents, then LE is looking elsewhere. Not sure how we will know?

It will be interesting if they go back to that home with the new baby and stay living with the grandfather and his gf because LE has already stated that Joshua did not run off nor was he abducted by strangers. So what else is left? Just the occupants of the home that evening imo.

I just hope that she is able to make some happy memories with the new baby, it should be such a joyous time..... But Joshua is still missing :( And those first few weeks of bonding with a baby, she will never get again. She needs to be watched closely for PPD IMO :twocents::twocents:

The fact that an 18 month old is missing and so far no one knows where he is or what happened to him...that's really all CPS needs. They could cite the parents for failure to protect, neglect, or failure to supervise.

Why would they leave this child in the home if the child were in danger, though? That doesn't seem right.

Why would they leave this child in the home if the child were in danger, though? That doesn't seem right.

I think they would have to have pretty darn good proof though, more than just speculation. I don't think even if LE had a theory they could just haul the kids out of there IYKWIM.

In the Hailey Dunn case, the 16 teen yr. old was removed with the Mom's consent, but in that case she provided a chemical for the son to be used on his back as a crude tatoo or branding when he was 14. In that case, CPS would have grounds as the mother admitted it & there could have been other grounds as well.

I don't think we could necessarily assume if the baby comes home, LE doesn't suspect one of them, but if the baby doesn't come....well, that would be a whole new ballgame IMO. :twocents:

My guess is CPS has already been contacted and both the new baby and the 6 year old will be placed in protective custody.

momtective,
I didn't think about that and I bet you're right. Tomorrow we may hear something to that affect.

I'm in agreement Dee. JMHO

The 6 year old? Why? Is his mom unfit or something? JW

Really?

An 18 month old child disappeared from it's home. LE said no kidnapping, no abduction and no toddler walked off. Which means there's a possibility Joshua was dealt a cruel fate in his home.

I hope DCS removes the 6 year old asap and that the infant isn't released to the parents. All for protective reasons.

Maybe then someone will talk and tell what really happened to Joshua.

Cps has dropped the ball, so to speak, to many times around here. With this being in the media, they will probably act to cover thier behind imo. Not saying thats good our bad. But if she is innocent, how hard that will be on her. Def agree she needs to be watched for ppd. Ppd is a horrible thing :(

Really?

An 18 month old child disappeared from it's home. LE said no kidnapping, no abduction and no toddler walked off. Which means there's a possibility Joshua was dealt a cruel fate in his home.

I hope DCS removes the 6 year old asap and that the infant isn't released to the parents. All for protective reasons.

Maybe then someone will talk and tell what really happened to Joshua.

I think some people are missing the point---the 6 year old MAY NOT live in that home. Why wouldn't he go with his MOTHER, who is not SB, instead of protective custody? I agree that the newborn baby may get taken, but then again, unless LE provides proof of something to CPS then that will not happen either.

I agree, there is no reason to think the older child lives in this home, he likely has a mother.

IIRC SB herself said the 6 year old lived with them. I may be wrong and will look for info.

I think some people are missing the point---the 6 year old MAY NOT live in that home. Why wouldn't he go with his MOTHER, who is not SB, instead of protective custody? I agree that the newborn baby may get taken, but then again, unless LE provides proof of something to CPS then that will not happen either.

CPS doen't need solid proof of abuse or neglect to remove a child. All they need is suspicion and concern for the childs safety.

Under circumstances such as Joshua's disappearance and with what's now being said by LE, it makes perfect sense to keep the dad's children and the mom's children out of that home.

We will find out soon enough, I imagine.

Thought of another case & I hope Texas is different than Florida. The Haligh Cummings case of course; the "key" to that case was 17 yr. old Misty Cummings and little Jr. was left in Ron & Misty's care, even though CPS had a wrap sheet so speak on Ronald at least.

Hasn't Diena Thompson stated at some point LE suspected her or her boyfriend, yet the other children weren't taken away? But that is Florida again. In the Kyron Horman's case, Terrie it appears is highly suspected by LE although not a named suspect and the baby remain until the husband took her & left.

I am just trying to say I don't think it is that easy for DCS to just remove a child on speculation, but it will certainly be interesting to see what happens.

I hope SB now will gladly do a poly, as the husband stated she wanted to do, but LE wouldn't let her. Maybe that will help LE? It still bothers me, the father stating he took 3.

ETA - It is important for Joshua's sake, that they make sure they are cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time