Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Too close, if you ask me. Both the mother and aunt seem very domineering and probably wanted to control every aspect of Julie's life. They are upset, I think, that Julie did not leave the child with them. Maybe Julie needed some space and freedom from too many controlling people in her life. jmo

Could be why the friend waited awhile to tell the Mom about James? Her ex seems so young....having a baby young. Controlling family-clinging hubby maybe she just needed to get away. I hope that is the case and she is not in serious trouble.

Prayers to her and her family.

Wow now we just found out that a girl went into Walgreens stating shes having car trouble and will have to leave the car there??? WTH???
The family went there and spoke with a clerk and couldn't say it was Julie..

Father stated there is video cameras inside Walgreens but dont know if LE checked the video.

Could be why the friend waited awhile to tell the Mom about James? Her ex seems so young....having a baby young. Controlling family-clinging hubby maybe she just needed to get away. I hope that is the case and she is not in serious trouble.

Prayers to her and her family.

Hoping thats the case to and she needed to get away...But I don't think she would leave her baby with George..

Wow now we just found out that a girl went into Walgreens stating shes having car trouble and will have to leave the car there??? WTH???
The family went there and spoke with a clerk and couldn't say it was Julie..

Father stated there is video cameras inside Walgreens but dont know if LE checked the video.

I believe that the man you're referencing is Julie's uncle.

JVM's talking about this case now...says LE has classified Julie as Missing Person/Endangered....JVM asking if new status is result of covering this case.

Julie's mom & uncle are on....mom says LE called her today LE changed case to Missing Endangered & HIgh priority....LE says everybody is under the microscope right now - includes friends & family.

Now JVM's talking about the mystery women who used Julie's CC in Best Buy....mom saying LE asked her if family liked to watch movies....mom saying Julie has all kinds of movies....LE hasn't told mom which Best Buy card was used in...she doesn't know if CC used in Austin or elsewhere....mom saying her sister discovered the CC was used & told LE...she said it took APD at least a week or 2 to followup on the credit card info.

Mike B. asking Julie's mom if they are going to process car....she said LE told her she could go get stuff out of the car...Mike B. told her don't go alone to get stuff out of car - get LE to go with her.

Discussion about APD won't tell Mike B. or Michelle Sigona about status of Julie as MP endangered & High priority....said they have to go thru PIO because it's a national story now. :confused:

:banghead: C'MON APD!!! :banghead:

Wow, LE has me baffled on this case

No he now has it set to private. If we look at a cached page we are looking at his page at an earlier date that was cached by the server. Once he opts to set his page as private there is no way to access further. (legally)

I haven't been able to find anything that you all haven't already found.

I'm not savvy enough to know about logins and such on Myspace (if you are talking about the cache page), I'm sorry. Someone here will be along to answer I"m sure! I wish it wasn't private though I'd love to read those blogs--I'm nosey like that :blushing:

Me too Kat!

Actually, I did get an answer to one of my questions from the transcript of yesterday's JVM. They were making a big deal out of the fact that she updated her MS/FB pages by her cell phone and the fact is, she does not have a computer. How else would she update it?

I wonder if LE knows more than they are saying and that is why they seemed so unconcerned? I would not think LE in a city the size of Austin would be generally incompetent. And they added the "endangered" just to satisfy national interest in the case? I don't know, it does not make much sense that they would not do better basic police work, though.

The family said that she had no outstanding debts, no financial problems, etc. This evening we learn that Julie's car was repossessed.

Why does the aunt seem to have so much involvement in Julie's life? Access to her bank/credit card statements, etc. What's up with that?

They talked about it on the JVM the other night also. IIRC they said she paid $2,000 for the car (I wonder if they meant put down 2K, since if it was paid for they would not repo it). That was one reason they didn't think she would run away, when she just got a "new" car. It was repossessed and the dealership was holding the car but couldn't keep it off the lot forever.

I noticed that soon to be ex-hubby George wasn't on JVM tonight. Hmmmm. Maybe he is down at the popo getting that lie detector test he said he was so willing to take. :rolleyes:

Also, I agree with others here...getting info from Julie's family is like pulling teeth...first they say "no, no use of her credit card"...then suddenly, "oh, yeah, there was a charge at Best Buy." Just kinda strange to me. :waitasec:

I find this interesting – Julie’s day off is Friday. According to Julie’s aunt, Julie was planning to run errands, including going to the courthouse to pay to have George served with divorce papers that he wouldn’t voluntarily sign. She went missing that day (Fri, Mar 26). And he signed the papers after she went missing – On JVM’s Apr 28 show, he said signed them 3-4 weeks ago. Three weeks ago would have been Apr 7, and 4 weeks would have been Mar 31.

[snipped]

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Let me ask you this question. George says when -- the last person who saw her, that she seems despondent or strange. Any family member, did she seem at all strange, out of sorts, different at all in the days leading up to her disappearance?

S. SOTO: No, she didn`t.

COOPER: I spoke to her the Thursday before she went to pick -- or the day before, and she was making plans. Friday she said she was going to run errands. That`s her day off. She made plans to go see the babysitter, to pay the babysitter. She made plans to go to a baby shower we were going to be having on Sunday.

S. SOTO: And she also made plans -- she also made plans to go down to the courthouse to pay the extra fine to get George served with the divorce papers.

G. SOTO: Because he refused to voluntary go sign.

S. SOTO: Because he would not sign the divorce papers. So she was going to pay the fine to the constables.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. All right. George, is it true that you didn`t want to sign the divorce papers?

DE LA CRUZ: Yes, at that time I did. But eventually I gave in, and I did it. So like I said, the papers are in. Like I say, it`s in the process.

So, like I said, I know back then I was giving -- I was being hard- headed not to sign it, but eventually I gave in, because you know what? It`s not going to be fixed, so I just signed them and returned them to the court.

S. SOTO: When did you sign them, George?

DE LA CRUZ: Well, about three weeks ago. Four weeks ago.

S. SOTO: Three weeks ago?

G. SOTO: How convenient.

S. SOTO: Really?

G. SOTO: How convenient. After the fact.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/28/ijvm.01.html

When Detective Scott was previously quoted as saying there was "some indication" that Julie may have wanted to withdraw contact, I hope they weren’t basing that solely on any text messages, posts from Julie’s cell to her myspace, and husband’s account. As we know, texts and posts from her cell don’t necessarily mean they were from Julie.

COOPER: Well, now, Mike, I`ve to give you a little bit of background on this. I spoke with Julie`s best friend today...

BROOKS: Yes.

COOPER: ... which is Natasha. And Natasha and Amber. And Natasha said, you know, "I heard from Amber that she was with this guy James. So then I called Julie. Julie did not answer the phone. And she sent me a text message, saying, `I don`t feel like talking right now. What`s up?` And she says, `What`s going on?` She says, `I met this guy named James.` And she says, `What James? What are you talking about?` She says, `I`ve never heard of a James`."

S. SOTO: So these are text messages. These are text messages.

[snipped]

S. SOTO: There was a friend of hers that came forward several days after we reported her missing, saying that she held back some information, and she wanted to let us know what it was.

So she called -- I talked to her on the phone, and she said, "I need to let you know something very important. Julie texted me and said that she met some guy named James who is a Web designer, who bought a new house in Colorado, and `he`s taking me away for the weekend to show me a good time`."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/29/ijvm.01.html

Question on Julie’s credit card used at Best Buy on April 7 to purchase a movie. When I receive my credit card statement, it shows the date of purchase, vendor, city, and state. When I use my debit card, my banking statement shows the same information. If Julie’s aunt has access to her “bank statements,” wouldn’t she be able to view the location of the Best Buy?

[snipped]

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me ask you this. Where was this Best Buy? In other words, she disappeared from Austin. Did police tell you, "Well, this was the Best Buy in -- nearby? In Austin?
S. SOTO: They didn`t -- no, they did not tell me where the Best Buy was. I don`t know what store it was purchased at.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: But was it in Austin, somewhere in Austin, or they didn`t tell you that?
S. SOTO: They just said Best Buy. They didn`t tell me city. They didn`t say what part of town. They didn`t say anything. They just said Best Buy.
BROOKS: So Sandra, it was the police that brought this to your attention about the Best Buy, then?
S. SOTO: No. It was actually -- it was actually us.
BROOKS: OK.
S. SOTO: My sister has access to Julie`s bank statements, and she was the one who discovered the purchase, you know, that was made.
BROOKS: Oh, OK. All right.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: So she called cops and said, "Hey, the credit card has been used. Check this out." They checked it out. And then they show you the videotape.
S. SOTO: Yes, but it didn`t -- it didn`t even take -- it wasn`t even like as soon as they got the information they looked into it. It took them at least a week or two.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/29/ijvm.01.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/29/texas.missing.mom/index.html

By Sarah Carden, HLN
April 29, 2010 6:22 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Police in Austin, Texas, say they are stymied in their search for Julie Ann Gonzalez, a young mother who was last seen March 26 by her estranged husband.

There's no physical evidence to indicate that the 21-year-old was a victim of foul play, police say. And, without probable cause they can't search her abandoned car or look at her phone records.

"The case is still open and ongoing, but the Austin Police Department can assure everyone that the case is being investigated to the extent allowed by law," spokeswoman Anna Sabana said in an e-mail.

I absolutely agree with you. All that the family has said about the husband's issues, the things you have pointed out, the details they gave about their daughter/neice. The timing of this is especially bad because just recently a mother DID run off with a man and leave her daughter behind. Yet, given the husband/father, and what we learned from the family, I suspect foul play. The husband may not be involved in that, or he very well may. The family mentioned texts from her husbands dead uncle. What's up with that, and yet it was ignored by JVM. That sounds very strange, and sounds like it would have to come from the husband. If so, he would have to have her cell phone in his possession. There are more red flags that indicate that he is lying, than there are credible facts he is telling the truth, in my opinion. I live in the Austin area and am very interested in this story. I am very bothered that the police haven't done enough in this investigation.

bbm

She had to miss that word? & only heard "uncle'?..JVM tends to get really hyped up sometimes but she's still one of the best! Anyway..Hate to say this sounds like so many other similar cases that always leads down that SAME sad road but with a really :crazy: twist.

I don't think I've seen FAKE ms texts (or from beyond the grave) before.

I wish there was some way to get that BABY away from him ASAP! but I don't think there is :(

One Month Later: Austin Mom Still Missing

Updated: Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 9:32 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 5:47 PM CDT

AUSTIN, TX - ..................................
Family members also state that there's been no activity on Julie's credit cards or cell phone.

smb

This was just last week (4/22) so when did they see a 'stranger' using her card at BB to buy a video? :waitasec:

ETA..I just saw from other thread (please combine) it was done on 4/7..Aunt discovered it from bank statement & told LE..They got the video from BB & showed it to family..Do I have this right? TIA

I just moved all the individual discussion posts down to Julie's thread in Missing/Discussion forum. They have been moved into the existing thread and were inserted in chronological order with other posts that were already there.

This thread in Missing/Support forum will remain open for information and family support.

Please use the below linked thread for discussion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103338Missing/Discussion forum.

Thank you in advance
~Summer_Breeze

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230