TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reportedly, both girls purchased/got out of layaway 2 pair of jeans at Army-Navy. Renee is thought to have changed into a new pair in an Army-Navy dressing room, then put her old jeans and the one pair of new jeans in the trunk of the Oldsmobile. The jeans Rachel is reported to have purchased that day were never found.
What happened to Rachel's new jeans?

I am a real stickler for citing sources.
But in this situation, I won't. I have them. But I will not name them.

Since I'm not willing to do that, and the page requires it, I'm going to take a long break from posting. And just read here and continue on my path.
I know from other cases I have been involved in thats the best idea.

You're off on the weather. Terry Moseley said it was 74 degrees. That's backed up by weather history of Fort Worth in the Farmer's Almanac - High of 77, low of 65.
I made a note of it from the ST front page for the 23rd. That little weather box? If Terry says it was 74 degrees; it was. I stand corrected. Ask him was is "sunny" or "overcast"? The paper says overcast. No need for coats - it wasn't raining. Shana Trlicia's account of picking up Shawn "a day earlier" has them all in the car leaving the driveway. She goes on to describe a scene inside the house where the girls got their "coats and purses." That was an important detail; so I made a note of it.

I am fairly new, what is MSM stand for please
we are allowed on most threads on websleuths to discuss and gossip freely anything released via mainstream media sources.
its to avoid opinions and bias, halftruths, agendas etc.
so if you read it on fb or a blog or something of the like its a nono here. but if you read it in the mirror...your good to go! lol

hope this helps :)

we are allowed on most threads on websleuths to discuss and gossip freely anything released via mainstream media sources.
its to avoid opinions and bias, halftruths, agendas etc.
so if you read it on fb or a blog or something of the like its a nono here. but if you read it in the mirror...your good to go! lol

hope this helps :)
Yes thanks everyone

Unknown, maybe she was wearing them
The jeans picked up from Army-Navy were Renee's, not Rachel's. According to Renee's parents they gave her money Sunday night to get them out of lay-away - 2 pair. (less than $15.00) That sack, containing the pants she left her grandmother's house wearing and one new pair of (blue denim) jeans were locked in the Oldsmobile, discovered by her parents about 6pm that day. It is assumed she changed into the colored pair of hip-huggers at the AN Store - a very common thing to do. We liked to wear new clothes out of the store. We didn't get new clothes that often.

May I ask where you saw Shana's account of that morning? I ask because Debra says in the first thread here that they did not have Shawn that day. He was supposed to be dropped off the following day (24th).

I made a note of it from the ST front page for the 23rd. That little weather box? If Terry says it was 74 degrees; it was. I stand corrected. Ask him was is "sunny" or "overcast"? The paper says overcast. No need for coats - it wasn't raining. Shana Trlicia's account of picking up Shawn "a day earlier" has them all in the car leaving the driveway. She goes on to describe a scene inside the house where the girls got their "coats and purses." That was an important detail; so I made a note of it.

Debra's comment on the first thread here:

“I'm not sure of when they left Renees grandmothers but we do know they did indeed stop and get Rachels jeans out of layaway."

I've also heard from another family member that Rachel also picked up jeans that day.

Could be confusion over the years, I suppose.

The jeans picked up from Army-Navy were Renee's, not Rachel's. According to Renee's parents they gave her money Sunday night to get them out of lay-away - 2 pair. (less than $15.00) That sack, containing the pants she left her grandmother's house wearing and one new pair of (blue denim) jeans were locked in the Oldsmobile, discovered by her parents about 6pm that day. It is assumed she changed into the colored pair of hip-huggers at the AN Store - a very common thing to do. We liked to wear new clothes out of the store. We didn't get new clothes that often.

Question:

There is lots of reporting on what this and that parent was doing beginning the afternoon/evening of December 23rd. I can found no mention of Julie's father. I know Julie's parents were separated. But was he at the mall with the other parents December 23rd, did he participate in searches, was he still local at that time, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu