TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped.

With a known serial killer/sexual sadist (DeBardeleben) living less than a mile away, it almost seems like there shouldn't be any need to look for additional suspects.
-
The letter is definitely the monkey wrench in the DeBardeleben machinery.
-
I suppose it's possible that, as suggested earlier, the letter was written in an attempt to pacify the Arnold family.
It is not a fact that he was living "less than a mile away" in December 1974. He is known to have been in Austin in 1973, and the history then skips to Virginia in early 1975. Nevertheless, the house you refer to was aggressively investigated for physical evidence. (25 years later) It follows that LE interviewed him. Serving 375 years for his crimes. If he had anything to confess to regarding our girls; he didn't. He was a very busy little psychopath. But, I doubt he's still a "suspect" in this case. And he's dead (2011.)
Mike DeBardeleben - Wikipedia

It is not a fact that he was living "less than a mile away" in December 1974. He is known to have been in Austin in 1973, and the history then skips to Virginia in early 1975. Nevertheless, the house you refer to was aggressively investigated for physical evidence. (25 years later) It follows that LE interviewed him. Serving 375 years for his crimes. If he had anything to confess to regarding our girls; he didn't. He was a very busy little psychopath. But, I doubt he's still a "suspect" in this case. And he's dead (2011.)

It has been established that his residence was there. That is a fact. And, he never confessed to anything more than they caught him for. He also liked to incinerate his victims, so there's very little left if anything to find. There is no ruling him out. He is still a viable suspect in this case. There is no telling what a man like that could do. Unless you have evidence in your hand to present to the world of who did this, he has to remain a suspect. I mean, that's what he did for fun. Abduct girls at malls.

Am I the only one who thinks this is an extremely remote possibility-he seems like a VERY UNLIKELY suspect.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

FW Cat, I recall that you were a verified insider previously. Would you be able or willing to to be so again? Not asking in any official capacity, just as some one who has found your info useful ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I can say this in the right way. If it were a serial killer or even a stranger abduction either way. Since there are numerous lies told by certain individuals to the newspaper reports and certain pod cast things about the whereabouts of one particular individual on that day and later that night as well. Wouldn't that sorta rule out any type of stranger??? I mean these are blatant lies . The fact that they are so blatant would seemingly lead a halfway intelligent person to seriously look at them seems to me. Instead of the opposite direction for almost 44 years. Maybe I'm nuts but in the last few weeks it's painfully obvious to me. Now proving it is a different story. I hope I didn't break any rules here. If I did I apologise.

Am I the only one who thinks this is an extremely remote possibility-he seems like a VERY UNLIKELY suspect.
I can see why he was a POI, going with a stranger-abduction theory. Local LE gave that investigation a lot of resources. Everything I have read states it was exhaustive. It didn't produce evidence. Maybe it was easy for me to accept, because I don't lean toward the stranger-abduction theory. If LE sees it as a loose end; I don't know. I believe they have done everything you could expect. I don't know where anyone could go to further rule him in as a suspect.

Source please?
Wiki on Debardeleben - the nutshell version:
... At the age of eighteen, he was discharged from the Air Force and moved in with relatives in Fort Worth, Texas.
In 1959, DeBardeleben attempted school again, enrolling in R.L. Paschal High School, but after three months was expelled. In August of that year, he married his first wife, Linda Weir, but three weeks later separated from her.

It is a FACT that he was NOT a Fort Worth resident in December 1974. He would have been almost 36 years old on the 23rd.

Okay Cat, I have one (it may be the next day there lol)

<modsnip - sleuthing non-POI>

TT and Rachel also got married (08/06) the day after her birthday (07/06), just a few months after her divorce (26/04.) This is unrelated imo but damn girl, I know a lot of people who would be offended if their ex remarried in the same DECADE.

(For perspective; like everyone else, I'm openly contemplating the family vs stranger scenario, along with this possibility - relationship motive. Can't shake two teen girls dying in on year, in the same town, both cases with links to bowling alleys)

<modsnip - image removed - no source provided>

Last edited by a moderator:
I
... At the age of eighteen, he was discharged from the Air Force and moved in with relatives in Fort Worth, Texas.
In 1959, DeBardeleben attempted school again, enrolling in R.L. Paschal High School, but after three months was expelled. In August of that year, he married his first wife, Linda Weir, but three weeks later separated from her.

It is a FACT that he was NOT a Fort Worth resident in December 1974. He would have been almost 36 years old on the 23rd.
If it is FACT he was not, where was he living? FACT is his deceased mother's residence was still there, and not sold. FACT is he passed counterfeit money in Dallas as late as 1980. Unless you have a solid guilty party, you can't count Debardeleben out. Only two things for me, the letter and, the fact that he released many of his victims.

He inherited his parents home in Fort Worth and owned it in 1974. He also passed bills there in years shortly after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member