TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting .’like everyone remembers where they were when the World Trade Centers attacks happened or when the Chalkenger shuttle exploded .
The letter was an error in judgment. Pointed directly in the direction of family or friends of Rachel... if that letter had never been found I’m sure an SK would have been considered...

The letter was an error in judgment. Pointed directly in the direction of family or friends of Rachel... if that letter had never been found I’m sure an SK would have been considered...
In general I agree with you, but the letter doesn't rule out a serial killer with absolute certainty.
-
Without the letter, this case would be very easy to write off as a sexually motivated abduction at the hands of a serial predator. Countless serial predators (LLW, Otis Toole, etc.) have favored shopping centers for their hunting grounds.
-
Some serial predators have insinuated themselves into investigations, taunted LE and the families of their victims, etc., but the letter does tilt the odds in favor of an acquaintance.
-
I should point out that an acquaintance and a serial predator are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Some serial killers have included acquaintances among their victims.

Last edited:
The letter was an error in judgement by who though ? There seems to be differing viewpoints on who wrote the letter.

it brings up "If it was a pedo, why not just take Julie Ann?" and "If it was someone interested in teens or adult women, why not just leave Julie Ann and speed off with the two teens?"

Maybe the letter was sent to TT because someone knew it would direct suspicion toward him.
So. Next logical question. Who might want to blame TT?

Santa Claus? Stiffed on payment for toys? $$$ behind many crimes. Sneaky old elf.

SK diverting suspicion? Lots of pervs around. Creepy old men.

Other issues? Think. Think.

Think. Where would there be enough emotional venom generated for a lethal strike?

Ex bf who hates TT? Hm. Lots of possibilities there.

I've got it. She cut somebody off in traffic. That'll get you offed nowadays.

Look outside the boxes.

So. Next logical question. Who might want to blame TT?

Santa Claus? Stiffed on payment for toys? $$$ behind many crimes. Sneaky old elf.

SK diverting suspicion? Lots of pervs around. Creepy old men.

Other issues? Think. Think.

Think. Where would there be enough emotional venom generated for a lethal strike?

Ex bf who hates TT? Hm. Lots of possibilities there.

I've got it. She cut somebody off in traffic. That'll get you offed nowadays.

Look outside the boxes.

I guess I see the letter very differently. IMO... it places responsibly on Rachel. That she made a decision to leave. I think that was the whole point.

I'm Australian. Julie Ann just affects me a lot because she was the youngest. The other two had lived more life.

I guess I see the letter very differently. IMO... it places responsibly on Rachel. That she made a decision to leave. I think that was the whole point.
Who knows? Could be. Maybe she was really huffed about something with TT and even though the others wanted to go home, she took them figuring they'd be back soon.

Who knows? Could be. Maybe she was really huffed about something with TT and even though the others wanted to go home, she took them figuring they'd be back soon.

I think you've misunderstood. I'm not saying that I think any of the girls left of their own free will. I'm saying that I think the letter was to make it look that way. Because the letter says, "We just had to get away", it put the responsibility on the girls. Written to make it appear it was their decision. I do not think it was pointing a finger at anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member