TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure someday when the living players are long gone, maybe the files can be opened. It may be closed because no definitive proof exists and no bodies, although they have a good idea what happened. Why more heartache or embarrassment for the living family with an unprovable case? Kind of Pandora's Box.

Your question: "Why more heartache or embarrassment for the living family with an unprovable case?"

If you're saying that the person responsible is a dead relative of one of the girls, then my answer is this: Because that isn't about one family. There were three girls and three families. All the families deserve to know that truth. As far as heartache and embarrassment goes... I'm sure everyone's heart is already aching. And preventing embarrassment? Sorry. That shouldn't even be a consideration.

To end the circus if possible.
I hope there's a resolution. Sooner than later would be nice. Maybe somebody does know something or maybe the person with the key to this has passed already. Sometimes I think someone knows that's still around. Other times I think nobody's around with more than suspicions. Mostly I think there are suspicions because I've observed
Your question: "Why more heartache or embarrassment for the living family with an unprovable case?"

If you're saying that the person responsible is a dead relative of one of the girls, then my answer is this: Because that isn't about one family. There were three girls and three families. All the families deserve to know that truth. As far as heartache and embarrassment goes... I'm sure everyone's heart is already aching. And preventing embarrassment? Sorry. That shouldn't even be a consideration.
Exactly why it needs to be solved. I didn't mean to sug

Just suggesting that's why ir doesn't come out, someone is thinking to spare their family more grief and thinking of only their family, not others. I had to look back to see why you jumped my b--- but I see my train of thought was obscure, list in the brevity of a text. Sorry to be so vague.

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving.

I personally think it is a Provable case for accessories to the fact. (And after) But do the police want to spend the money? That is the question....
Without naming names, do you have particular people in mind as accessories to and after the fact?
-
I've considered multiple possibilities. The letter is the one piece of evidence that's the toughest to crack. Many have theorized that the intent of the letter was to buy time, but why would a complete stranger care about buying time? I don't think it would have been impossible for a stranger to get TT's legal name and address; I do wonder about people connected to TT (his first wife's kin, a relative who might have had a grudge against him, a friend who might have become sexually obsessed with Rachel, etc.).
-
I'm leaning more and more towards the girls having been harmed somewhere that they had gone voluntarily. They might have been with people they knew, or they might have been lured somewhere.

Without naming names, do you have particular people in mind as accessories to and after the fact?
-
I've considered multiple possibilities. The letter is the one piece of evidence that's the toughest to crack. Many have theorized that the intent of the letter was to buy time, but why would a complete stranger care about buying time? I don't think it would have been impossible for a stranger to get TT's legal name and address; I do wonder about people connected to TT (his first wife's kin, a relative who might have had a grudge against him, a friend who might have become sexually obsessed with Rachel, etc.).
-
I'm leaning more and more towards the girls having been harmed somewhere that they had gone voluntarily. They might have been with people they knew, or they might have been lured somewhere.
They could have run into someone(s) they knew while they were at the Army/Navy store... The someone(s) could have said "hey, come over to my place for a few minutes. I want to show you/give you (something)." Malice could have been intended, or not, at that point.

Or...
"Hey, let's all ride to (place) together! We can leave your car at the mall since you need to shop there afterwards!"

IMO, and only possibilities on what could have taken place. I keep trying to brainstorm and come up with scenarios that make sense to me.

-
-
I'm leaning more and more towards the girls having been harmed somewhere that they had gone voluntarily. They
-
-

Last edited:
I've been thinking about why the writer of the letter might have had some idiosyncrasies in common with TT. Sometimes two people from the same family will have similar handwriting; I suppose it's also possible that two people who attended the same elementary school and learned cursive from the same teacher could pick up some idiosyncrasies from that teacher and therefore have some unusual characteristics in common.

IMO they left Army Navy store and made a stop at a perfectly normal place to them, maybe to change or whatever and interrupted something they shouldn't have seen. They never left that home. A call was made for assistance in moving the car to the mall while someone had to cover the scene as well as the removal.....and unfortunately that place wasn't even looked at. For the guilty pair who I believe were assisted with the moving that car. It couldn't have been any more perfect at that point. The mistake was the letter. Although they're still free 44 years later.

IMO they left Army Navy store and made a stop at a perfectly normal place to them, maybe to change or whatever and interrupted something they shouldn't have seen. They never left that home. A call was made for assistance in moving the car to the mall while someone had to cover the scene as well as the removal.....and unfortunately that place wasn't even looked at. For the guilty pair who I believe were assisted with the moving that car. It couldn't have been any more perfect at that point. The mistake was the letter. Although they're still free 44 years later.
What might they have interrupted that they shouldn't have seen? Drug dealing? Disposal of another murder victim?
-
If it were something like that, then you'd think that some link to organized crime might have surfaced by now.

What might they have interrupted that they shouldn't have seen? Drug dealing? Disposal of another murder victim?
-
If it were something like that, then you'd think that some link to organized crime might have surfaced by now.

There are things that kids can walk in on that don't require a link to organized crime.

You can go back to thread one and see some of the same questions and statements in places as today. This is well over 10,12,14 years ago. I think if the police were going to do something as in an arrest or seriously look at it again they already would have. Guess all the Joe Kenda's are long gone.

You can go back to thread one and see some of the same questions and statements in places as today. This is well over 10,12,14 years ago. I think if the police were going to do something as in an arrest or seriously look at it again they already would have. Guess all the Joe Kenda's are long gone.

If LE suspected a deceased perp, say "John Doe", for instance, for the disappearances, but couldn't prove it, does that mean they'd keep quiet about their theory since he's dead and cannot defend himself?

What if he had living descendants who might be victimized by such a revelation, so would this be considered in releasing such information?

Not to be dumb but I don't know how that would all work, so John Doe (not a person) is an example, but there have been names brought up in the press from time to time, like DBL who lived nearby.

He was a real tool and such a coincidence to be so close, but I don't think this case fit in with his meticulously planned modus operandi.

Still, he may have planned the cover up carefully and planned on using a random opportunity to snag victims.
(Maybe he's been ruled out, in any case.)

But if they suspected a deceased person like DBL, would it go unremarked unless solid evidence was later recovered?

Is there some sort of law here, or would a DBL-type perp, already a convicted felon, be named, but not necessarily a person of unblemished reputation or someone with connections?

(Like as a POI. Person of interest. Maybe not suspect.)

Does LE use their judgement case by case to decide what to divulge? Why not, after 44 years?

There are things that kids can walk in on that don't require a link to organized crime.
But how many things that would get three people murdered? Criminal activity of some kind would be about it. I guess they could have walked in on something that was completely humiliating to someone (like bestiality), but that's getting pretty far from Occam's razor.

If LE suspected a deceased perp, say "John Doe", for instance, for the disappearances, but couldn't prove it, does that mean they'd keep quiet about their theory since he's dead and cannot defend himself?

What if he had living descendants who might be victimized by such a revelation, so would this be considered in releasing such information?

Not to be dumb but I don't know how that would all work, so John Doe (not a person) is an example, but there have been names brought up in the press from time to time, like DBL who lived nearby.

He was a real tool and such a coincidence to be so close, but I don't think this case fit in with his meticulously planned modus operandi.

Still, he may have planned the cover up carefully and planned on using a random opportunity to snag victims.
(Maybe he's been ruled out, in any case.)

But if they suspected a deceased person like DBL, would it go unremarked unless solid evidence was later recovered?

Is there some sort of law here, or would a DBL-type perp, already a convicted felon, be named, but not necessarily a person of unblemished reputation or someone with connections?

(Like as a POI. Person of interest. Maybe not suspect.)

Does LE use their judgement case by case to decide what to divulge? Why not, after 44 years?
I think it depends what you mean by "suspected." If they were sure enough that they thought the case could be closed, then they'd probably say, unless the perp were connected to someone wealthy or someone with political power. If there were suspected accomplices who were still alive, then LE might keep quiet until those people were dead. too.

When was the last time the letter was examined by handwriting experts? The FBI might have some techniques that they didn't have in the seventies. I'm convinced that Rachel did not write the letter, but I would love to see an official declaration to that effect.

That is a great question...when was the last time it was examined by professionals. Technology has advanced far beyond what it was in 1974. I would hope that a cold case detective would do that in the initial stages of their investigation. Especially since it is one of the only articles of evidence that is still available to them

"I think",, LE is aware of what some people know and they also know. It is Perking as long as people with relevance to the original picture live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member