TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says they were seen by witnesses. Has this been disputed?
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article24568339.html

All supposed sightings from the same family that can't decide on where dad was or wasn't that day, and if he was too sick to get out of bed or worked all day then waited in the cold parking lot all nite watching the car. So guess it depends on what day they're asked as to what answer you get.

As I said before. The sightings come directly from one family
This article says they were seen by witnesses. Has this been disputed?
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article24568339.html

All supposed sightings from the same family that can't decide on where dad was or wasn't that day, and if he was too sick to get out of bed or worked all day then waited in the cold parking lot all nite watching the car. So guess it depends on what day they're asked as to what answer you get.

What you mention is not exclusive of the trio being seen at the mall

This article mentions sightings that came to light in a
later investigation. It would seem to support what you suggest.
What Happened to the Fort Worth Trio? – Things We Find in the Dark – Medium
"The Fort Worth Police Department held a press conference to announce they’d spoken to at least twenty new witnesses who reported sightings of the girls at the mall and narrowed down a list of possible suspects to under five. Police Detective Tom Boetcher said, “We can say that they were at one point seen with one individual, but we believe there was more than one involved.” Boetcher also said they felt the girls left with someone they trusted. If they didn’t suspect foul play in 1974, the department seemed to have no doubt about it after thirty years had passed."
This interview was 2001, but says they were thought to have left with someone they knew.

"The Fort Worth Police Department held a press conference to announce they’d spoken to at least twenty new witnesses who reported sightings of the girls at the mall and narrowed down a list of possible suspects to under five. Police Detective Tom Boetcher said, “We can say that they were at one point seen with one individual, but we believe there was more than one involved.” Boetcher also said they felt the girls left with someone they trusted. If they didn’t suspect foul play in 1974, the department seemed to have no doubt about it after thirty years had passed."
This interview was 2001, but says they were thought to have left with someone they knew.
Do people interpret this post as meaning that the girls were seen with an "individual" whose identity is known?
-
Do people think the comment is reference to Bill Hutchins's sighting of the girls with Danny Wilson?

Do people interpret this post as meaning that the girls were seen with an "individual" whose identity is known?
-
Do people think the comment is reference to Bill Hutchins's sighting of the girls with Danny Wilson?

-
Unclear isn't it? It mentions 5. If that's one who are the others? Would they mention their least or most likely lead? Did these get eliminated from the investigation because it was shown itherwuse or faded into obscurity because of lack of evidence?

Unclear isn't it? It mentions 5. If that's one who are the others? Would they mention their least or most likely lead? Did these get eliminated from the investigation because it was shown itherwuse or faded into obscurity because of lack of evidence?
If they were not referring to Danny Wilson, then maybe they had already written off Hutchins's account. If they were referring to Wilson, then maybe they technically can't scratch him off the list even if they doubt the sighting.
-
The cops also said "under five," which would mean at most four, not "five or fewer."
-
The "someone they trusted" wouldn't necessarily have to have been a family member or close friend; it could have been a teacher, a classmate, a neighbor, a family member's new boyfriend, etc.
-
I don't expect LE to list their suspects, but if certain people who have been discussed publicly (WFS, Danny Wilson, etc.) have been cleared, then LE should come right out and say so.

This article is talking about new witnesses in 2001. There are very few witness stories that have panned out in this case, under scrutiny of a timeline. Also, most of the stories have changed from time to time. As is normal for a memory from 1974. Although some think they unequivocally got to the mall. I don't. The car wasn't parked in a spot that a neighborhood regular would park, even with Christmas traffic. They didn't show up at noon to see friends. That, to me, puts the fateful event happening right around noon. And, someone dropped off the car.

If they were not referring to Danny Wilson, then maybe they had already written off Hutchins's account. If they were referring to Wilson, then maybe they technically can't scratch him off the list even if they doubt the sighting.
-
The cops also said "under five," which would mean at most four, not "five or fewer."
-
The "someone they trusted" wouldn't necessarily have to have been a family member or close friend; it could have been a teacher, a classmate, a neighbor, a family member's new boyfriend, etc.
-
I don't expect LE to list their suspects, but if certain people who have been discussed publicly (WFS, Danny Wilson, etc.) have been cleared, then LE should come right out and say so.

Guess I flunk <>. You're right on the number.

I don't understand how Hutchin's story could be correct since he claims it occurred after the search for the girls began. I doubt they were abducted as the search was under way.

LE could've given that far fetched story to satisfy a reporter while not showing the real cards.

I did read they searched creek bottoms in Mansfield. I wonder why Mansfield. ?? Are there dirt tracks there? I know Kennedale did.

Someone they knew and trusted could well be anyone.

But who would send the letter?

This article is talking about new witnesses in 2001. There are very few witness stories that have panned out in this case, under scrutiny of a timeline. Also, most of the stories have changed from time to time. As is normal for a memory from 1974. Although some think they unequivocally got to the mall. I don't. The car wasn't parked in a spot that a neighborhood regular would park, even with Christmas traffic. They didn't show up at noon to see friends. That, to me, puts the fateful event happening right around noon. And, someone dropped off the car.
It is known unequivocally that they made it to the army-navy surplus store, correct? Are there witnesses who place them there? If so, did all three go inside?
-
How did Renee pay for her hip huggers if she had left her money at home? Was the money at Renee's mother's house (as opposed to at her grandmother's house)? If the girls didn't go to the mall, then the most natural place for them to have gone would have been to Renee's mother's house to collect Renee's money.
-
Other places they might have gone could have been back to Julie's (if Julie was bored and wanted to go home), to Rachel's house, to Rachel's parents' house, or to Debra's new place. Were there renters/non-family members lodging at any if those places?

Makes one wonder, doesn’t it?

-
-
-
so you mention certain possibilities---a thought provoked

I believe if we focus on the time period between Rachel leaving her house and the stops in between on th way to the mall, we could analyze the events and all the players involved and the state of mind of Rachel and Renee.

Also, look at some of the key players who are AWOL for the first night the girls go missing ?

Fran is frantic and calling everyone she knows yet certain people are noticeably minimally
Involved ???

TT and DA show up together at 11:30 at the mall? Where were they all night ?

How is it known FA was frantic and calling everyone she knew?

A mother! Yes, I would be! With out a doubt and pointing fingers at all not looking for them. 3 desperate mothers for sure. What deacent mother would not be frightend.
These were mothers under pressure and pushed to limit on this. Those were their babies. If they were not, I feel sure we would have heard "that" above all else. "Saying, She must know something!"

Last edited:
"Debra's new place"

???????????
Do we know on what date DA moved out of Rachel and TT's place? She got married 43(?) days later, right? Was she already living or half-living at her husband-to-be's place? Were they in the process of getting a new place together?
-
In order to determine where they might have stopped, we need a comprehensive list of their options.
-
I, too, believe that the car was staged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan