TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Partially it's based on my own logic and repeated attempts to answer one and the same question: does it make sense for me?
That may be not very compelling since obviously, other people may be driven with different logic or they may be some factors unknown to me that would make things make sense even for me (if I was aware of them).

The rest is, probability and attempt to rely on what it seems to be happening in other, somewhat similar cases (could be faulible).
No shortage of examples where multiple victims were attacked, controlled and murdered by single offenders. It appeared like there is no way that one person could do that - yet they did that, with no criminal masterplans.
I have no idea if statistically its actually more common to have single offender taking multiple victims vs. multiple offenders, but there is definitely a tendention for
a) accomplices ending up dead by the hand of main perp,
b) accomplices turning on each other as soon as important dynamic between them changes (in the matter of years, decade or two, not half of a century).
Both of which didn't happen here: and they went through a lot, not together.
Can you give me a few of those examples of " multiple victims attacked, controlled, murdered by single offender"?

So, is DJ the main source of the idea that TT was responsible for the girls' disappearance? Or did someone else (family or LE) immediately suspect TT, and DJ set out to prove/disprove that?
I'm a bit confused about that.
No. DJ was doing whatever he was doing while people were searching for clues to figure out what could happen to the girls - and stuff got mixed up.
As far as I understand he was pushing hard with the theory of girls being sold into human trafficking by some mixtured cooperation of multiple individuals. Possibly more to the accord of TT and DA being forced to cover up for human traffickers that them being directly responsible for actually doing anything to the girls. Very, obsessively fixated on proving that TT wrote the letter and that the letter is as much as it ever tied TT and DA to the disappearance: joined coverup for human traffickers. If not, I got lost.

Correction: I got lost anyway. In the very first articles A's were confident that the note WAS wrote by Rachel, but maybe under duress. In the matter of weeks it changed into belief that she didn't and that it doesn't even look like her handwriting. Then they figured that DA must wrote it. To finally switch into TT and allegedly (according to the deleted VI from this thread) they were expert shopping till they found the right one, that in all confidence confirmed that in her opinion it's totally TT who wrote it. All that while on the goosechase for Rachel, who, according to the DJ's investigative stuff was visiting Forth Worth on the anniversarries of their disappearance.

Can you give me a few of those examples of " multiple victims attacked, controlled, murdered by single offender"?
Girl scouts: Lori, Michele and Denise (8, 9 and 10)
Abby & Libby
McStay family
Otero family
Charlie Keever and Jonathan Sellers (9 and 13)
Kristin and Kati Lisk (15 and 12)
Diane Lovette and Cheryl Young (19 and 21)
Joan, Christie and Michelle Rogers (mother with two teenage daughters)
Victims of Zodiac and Zodiaclike killers
Beaumont children
Wettenhall family

Almost every familicide, mass shooting in US or mass stabbing in Asia
Both night stalkers were attacking multiple people at once, Onoprienko murdered multiple families and whoever was with them at the time or whitnessed someting (maybe once he had accomplice)

Thank you. I've read in numerous places that DJ "usually represented defendants". How does a PI "represent a defendant"?
Someone charged with a crime could hire a PI to explore alternative theories.
Four members of the McStay family—the husband, the wife, and their two children—were killed by a single individual. They were all murdered with a sledge hammer.

Four members of a family—two adult males, an adult female, and a baby girl—were recently abducted and murdered in California by a single individual.

There are so many examples that it's hard to know which ones to list.

RW gave a pretty decent description of where he and his buddy were positioned, when they staked out the car, on either Gone Cold or Nancy Grace podcast. That may help with locations/layout.
On an earlier thread, there were efforts to establish exact location of the car-- photos of the parking area, etc.
. If it's true that the car was parked in the employees' lot, that would be interesting.
They could watch both of those spots - on the side and right in front of Sears.
But it was mentioned multiple times, that it was on the East, and that it was something to the accord or secluded and unusual choice?
Just today I noticed mention that it was employees parking. Can't find it now, I guess that my eyes are done for today.
Could be that before Christmas it was so crowded that anybody was parking where they could find an empty spot, but if not then maybe it means something.

No. DJ was doing whatever he was doing while people were searching for clues to figure out what could happen to the girls - and stuff got mixed up.
As far as I understand he was pushing hard with the theory of girls being sold into human trafficking by some mixtured cooperation of multiple individuals. Possibly more to the accord of TT and DA being forced to cover up for human traffickers that them being directly responsible for actually doing anything to the girls. Very, obsessively fixated on proving that TT wrote the letter and that the letter is as much as it ever tied TT and DA to the disappearance: joined coverup for human traffickers. If not, I got lost.

Correction: I got lost anyway. In the very first articles A's were confident that the note WAS wrote by Rachel, but maybe under duress. In the matter of weeks it changed into belief that she didn't and that it doesn't even look like her handwriting. Then they figured that DA must wrote it. To finally switch into TT and allegedly (according to the deleted VI from this thread) they were expert shopping till they found the right one, that in all confidence confirmed that in her opinion it's totally TT who wrote it. All that while on the goosechase for Rachel, who, according to the DJ's investigative stuff was visiting Forth Worth on the anniversarries of their disappearance.
I'm still willing to hold onto some version of a trafficking theory as a possibility (in the back of my mind). It could involve TT, or the family.
As other posters have stated, it was very strange for TT and the A family to state that possibility (trafficking), at a time when that "industry" supposedly wasn't well- known or discussed; unless:
1. That really did happen ( whomever was involved)
or
2. Someone (like DJ) planted the idea in their minds...
However, the idea that Rachel visits her hometown annually at Christmas is ludicrous.
If they  were sold, they'd have been taken to where it'd be difficult to escape/come back.
Right now, the "trafficking theory" looks better than "jealousy over CJG", to be honest...

Someone charged with a crime could hire a PI to explore alternative theories.

Four members of the McStay family—the husband, the wife, and their two children—were killed by a single individual. They were all murdered with a sledge hammer.

Four members of a family—two adult males, an adult female, and a baby girl—were recently abducted and murdered in California by a single individual.

There are so many examples that it's hard to know which ones to list.
Wow.

BTW, I also keep hearing about CA's "shady dealings". What's that about? Drugs, fraud, ? Or another round of rumor?

However, the idea that Rachel visits her hometown annually at Christmas is ludicrous.
It is ludicrous but when a person is going crazy from not knowing what happened to their loved one they're often bouncing between suspecting everyone and believing anything that gives them hope.

Obviously it wasn't like that.
It was oh, they could still be alive in slavery, but that's horrific. So maybe they got out somehow. Or at least one of them. Then each year, around the anniversary local news repeated the story, so some sightings reports came (as they tend to do in such circumstances). Disbelief, doubt, then hope that it may be true. Hope for another sighting, trust in it's credibility... Then heart shattered cause it becames obvious that "Rachel" is seen mostly around the time of anniversary, and that the chances of it being true are none.

If we eliminate the scenario involving the CJG sighting at the mall, and the supposed phone call that follows, what are we left with ? Are there any known events ( other than the party incident), that could still support the theory? If not...

If we eliminate the scenario involving the CJG sighting at the mall, and the supposed phone call that follows, what are we left with ? Are there any known events ( other than the party incident), that could still support the theory? If not...

I dont think so. If nothing happened from Rachel's side to provoke violent rage that day, then we're on the The girls walked in on TT and DA theory as the next best thing i guess

I've always thought that one was the best anyway. Explains a lot.

I dont think so. If nothing happened from Rachel's side to provoke violent rage that day, then we're on the The girls walked in on TT and DA theory as the next best thing i guess
Definately question why there was an eruption that day, and really I wonder more about the infamous but lacking in detail argument (verbal? physical?) at the bowling alley a day or two before the 23rd. My question is more how did that fight end? Did they all just trail off and drop it supposedly? EDIT: for more detail. Obviously it didn't end well a day or two later. I'm wondering what the last interaction of that particular argument gives as far as states of mind.
The story of the man that gets told off by his boss, and starts yelling at the next person until it travels down to someone kicking the dog. It doesn't take the dog to provoke the kick really. It's just contagious misery. There were A LOT of surrounding issues as well. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? Rachel drove to pick up Renee. Grandma lived across the street from Moseleys.
Thank you, that makes more sense why Renee watched Julie. I need to go back and reread the threads. When I first started following this case years ago I was open to many theories but now I’m set on one.

We need at least two maybe three people going into a rage at the same time in order for one of these theories to work the way I see it.
Either Rachel gets confronted by TT and immediately suspects DA as being the one that outed her resulting in one hell of a fight or Rachel comes in and catches them in the act of doing something and it seems like Renee was kinda scrappy so I don't doubt she would have came to Rachels defense regardless of the scenario.

BTW, in an earlier thread (#5, I think), there was brief mention of underground storage tanks being used in the 1970s, at a transmission shop in PA. They were regularly siphoned out, by a service. Could that apply here? Or do we know for certain that only barrels were used at CA's shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003