TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have been really interested in the case but I don't think I can help as I normally work on John and Jane Doe's and while this is a missing persons case, I don't know if the three have been found as Jane Doe's as I think we'd know. Just know that I really hope this thread becomes active consistently as this case needs to and should have as many eyes on it as possible!
Sometimes it takes awhile to connect dots. Anyway, new input is always welcome.

I know. It's just that I feel like they would all be together but who knows, if they all ran away then maybe they split up but foul play seems to be suspected so the runaway theory is very unlikely.
I think the consensus is that they may, indeed be together (most likely dead), and definitely did not run away (but someone would like us to think that).

Ok, why was the car locked? Dash (Ft. Worth local) posted (thread 5, post 8) that it was common practice at that time
to lock purchases/valuables in the trunk, and leave the car unlocked (I actually remember this, as well, from my childhood).
1. If the girls actually made it to the mall, wouldn't they have put ST's gift in the trunk with Renee's pants?
2. Were people locking cars, at that point because of abductions, etc (i.e.Carla Walker)?
3. Was it a habit with whoever "staged" the car to do so (i.e. part of is/her job)? Locking/unlocking a car is generally a matter of habit.
I'm sure this has been addressed already elsewhere-- it's just bugging me.

Ok, why was the car locked? Dash (Ft. Worth local) posted (thread 5, post 8) that it was common practice at that time
to lock purchases/valuables in the trunk, and leave the car unlocked (I actually remember this, as well, from my childhood).
1. If the girls actually made it to the mall, wouldn't they have put ST's gift in the trunk with Renee's pants?
2. Were people locking cars, at that point because of abductions, etc (i.e.Carla Walker)?
3. Was it a habit with whoever "staged" the car to do so (i.e. part of is/her job)? Locking/unlocking a car is generally a matter of habit.

Has RA ever seriously pursued DNA testing on any Jane Does/ remains found, that could be the girls? I don't know what all is involved with that, but
he seems to be a master at fundraising.
JMO

According to TT, he "invested in/worked at the Arlington location". IIRC, the Ft. Worth shop was closed down by Dec. 1974. I'd forgotten that little tidbit.
Oh. I missed that. But they had access to that location or it was taken over, sold, with someone else being there, having some new business?
According to her brother (for what it's worth) a lot of guys liked Rachel. She was out-going, and feisty. He tends to romanticize things a bit (even DA has called him out on some things), but I tend to believe this about her.
Well, with that look girl could be the rudest and she still would have a lot of guys liking her.
But being outgoing, feisty, social and even flirtatious (no idea if that applied to her or not - but even if it did) has nothing to do with cheating or having tendencies to have multiple relationships at the same time.
I think you’re confused, Julie was the 9 year old that she took care of.
I never heard of that but it really makes sense. Just don't think that one excludes the other. Especially that both Renee's parents stated it perfectly clear that Renee was staying at her Grandma a lot, and that on the 23rd she specifically requested to be picked up from there at 4PM.
Ok, why was the car locked? Dash (Ft. Worth local) posted (thread 5, post 8) that it was common practice at that time to lock purchases/valuables in the trunk, and leave the car unlocked (I actually remember this, as well, from my childhood).
I can't tell for Fort Worth, but I'd tend to assume that it's one thing to leave unlocked car in own backyard at the small store parking lot (in the area where cars are rarely stolen) and another to leave it unlocked on the crazy busy and totally packed parking lot of a mall.
I'd add to the list:
4. Did Rachel had enough occasion to drive to get into any habit?

Stealing, burglarising and shoplifting is often mentioned by people recalling their work or visits at the SS. It wasn't that safe. But it seems like it took this disappearance to change the optic of locals, they say that nothing was the same after those girls went missing, not so much after Carla's abduction... or one of many other murders and crimes in the area.

Does anyone here know/remember the layout of the mall stores? Where would the record store be relative to Sears' upper lot and location of car (a diagram would be awesome)?

As for CA's shady dealings, it was discussed somewhere but it's been a while since I've read that. Hard to say really, if he was desperate cause he was already struggling with business and in debt and that caused him to cheat on taxes and service - or if he got in those troubles directly because he had his shady tendencies. But for sure there was something about threating someone with the gun and putting it on Fran's head and yelling that he will kill her in front of the kids.
As per her account he was just pure delight, outstanding man, loving husband, devoted father and so on, but hard to find someone who shared that perspective. Some accusation could be just rumors that grew around, I can't really tell.

Pretty sure that one of the VI here wrote a post, trying to set things straight and clear some false accusations circling online , aimed at some male member of A's family, but not sure if it was CA, have to look for the specific post.

Does anyone here know/remember the layout of the mall stores? Where would the record store be relative to Sears' upper lot and location of car (a diagram would be awesome)?
Which one? Cause there were two - one store, one stand inside Murphy's.
That alleged sighting reported to CA in the middle of the night, judging by the description should point at Murphy's.

Seriously, I will suggest it again: is anybody here up to share the work on collecting available info and organising stuff in a form that would be easy to get through for everyone interested?
I mean articles, pics, maps, VI's posts, links and so on?

Oh. I missed that. But they had access to that location or it was taken over, sold, with someone else being there, having some new business?

Well, with that look girl could be the rudest and she still would have a lot of guys liking her.
But being outgoing, feisty, social and even flirtatious (no idea if that applied to her or not - but even if it did) has nothing to do with cheating or having tendencies to have multiple relationships at the same time.

I never heard of that but it really makes sense. Just don't think that one excludes the other. Especially that both Renee's parents stated it perfectly clear that Renee was staying at her Grandma a lot, and that on the 23rd she specifically requested to be picked up from there at 4PM.

I can't tell for Fort Worth, but I'd tend to assume that it's one thing to leave unlocked car in own backyard at the small store parking lot (in the area where cars are rarely stolen) and another to leave it unlocked on the crazy busy and totally packed parking lot of a mall.
I'd add to the list:
4. Did Rachel had enough occasion to drive to get into any habit?

Stealing, burglarising and shoplifting is often mentioned by people recalling their work or visits at the SS. It wasn't that safe. But it seems like it took this disappearance to change the optic of locals, they say that nothing was the same after those girls went missing, not so much after Carla's abduction... or one of many other murders and crimes in the area.
According to  Dash, it was during Christmas at the mall people locked trunks, but not cars. So, I don't know...Also, (according to TT)Rachel drove to school (saw that on an earlier thread).

Which one? Cause there were two - one store, one stand inside Murphy's.
That alleged sighting reported to CA in the middle of the night, judging by the description should point at Murphy's.

Seriously, I will suggest it again: is anybody here up to share the work on collecting available info and organising stuff in a form that would be easy to get through for everyone interested?
I 'm not sure how you'd do that, but it might help to condense and simplify things...

According to  Dash, it was during Christmas at the mall people locked trunks, but not cars. So, I don't know...Also, (according to TT)Rachel drove to school (saw that on an earlier thread).
What? So he had no car? Was she driving him to and back from work daily?
It sounds kinda ridiculous that DA had her own car and drove, Rachel used Oldsmobile and he... was carless? Didn't he claimed also that he owned just one car at the time - this Oldsmobile that she took to the mall?

I 'm not sure how you'd do that, but it might help to condense and simplify things...
Divide the tasks: one person looks for screenshots from the press and collects as much as possible, another for most recent articles...
Then organise those in chronological order and start working on gathering all the stuff about the individuals involved, or relevant stuff like the letter.
I don't see it working in any other way, at least for myself, there is so much to get through it's impossible to not get lost.

My thinking on the record store is this:
If we assume (for the moment) that the girls  were seen in the record stand
(with or without presence of VB)--would physical layout of the mall allow the girls to pop in/out of said record stand, without going into/through any other part of the mall. If yes, where does this place them, in relation to where the car was found?

What? So he had no car? Was she driving him to and back from work daily?
It sounds kinda ridiculous that DA had her own car and drove, Rachel used Oldsmobile and he... was carless? Didn't he claimed also that he owned just one car at the time - this Oldsmobile that she took to the mall?
Unless he rode with CA...

As for CA's shady dealings, it was discussed somewhere but it's been a while since I've read that. Hard to say really, if he was desperate cause he was already struggling with business and in debt and that caused him to cheat on taxes and service - or if he got in those troubles directly because he had his shady tendencies. But for sure there was something about threating someone with the gun and putting it on Fran's head and yelling that he will kill her in front of the kids.
As per her account he was just pure delight, outstanding man, loving husband, devoted father and so on, but hard to find someone who shared that perspective. Some accusation could be just rumors that grew around, I can't really tell.

Pretty sure that one of the VI here wrote a post, trying to set things straight and clear some false accusations circling online , aimed at some male member of A's family, but not sure if it was CA, have to look for the specific post.
Good hunting. I think Thread# 5 had some of that material. Why was business struggling? I've  never known an automotive shop that was well-managed to go under. What debt? I keep hearing that, but it makes no sense, unless he (or FA) had expensive hobbies (like gambling, etc). Had he already accumulated that much debt from medical bills?
BTW, someone (possibly same V.I.) debunked that story about CA threatening FA with the gun...that was embellishment on RA's part, allegedly.
There are those who paint CA as a dear (his brother is the baddy), and those who insist they were both quite evil, so....

Last edited:

Your best bet would probably be to talk to the mods about this and see if it's possible to set up a seperate thread. One with no discussion but just for the kind of stuff you're talking about.

Your best bet would probably be to talk to the mods about this and see if it's possible to set up a seperate thread. One with no discussion but just for the kind of stuff you're talking about.
Isn't that "media only--no discussion"? I've seen it, but wasn't sure what it was. T rex is right, that would be a question for the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody