TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that "media only--no discussion"? I've seen it, but wasn't sure what it was. T rex is right, that would be a question for the moderators.

I was just going to edit my last post to add this but I'll just say it here, I personally think they should turn this thread into its own forum. Then we could keep everything straight.

Two hours ago: maybe I'll just start with organising what I accumulated about the case and see what I end up with...

Twenty minutes ago: this is bloody ridiculous. It makes no sense, zero, minus milion. What the hell is going on with that letter?!

Apart from all the obvious doubts about the delivery, envelope, paper, wording - let's forget about that for a moment.
Does anyone have any idea or stumbled on any consistent explanation (or even theory) as to WHY almost every article published in days and weeks after the disappearance has quotes from Rachel's relatives stating their high and absolute confidence in Rachel authoring the letter?
Then... they switch into NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT, WE DON'T BELIEVE SHE WROTE IT.
They even go back later (or someone is) cause some coverage that came up later claims that oh, they started questioning it the moment they saw it.
What the actual hell was going on there?

Was one of the main players the type that absolutely always has to have everything their way or no way at all?
Cause the only thing that I can imagine is someone there, possibly the cop asking if they recognize Rachel's handwriting... and that person - fueled with the belief that they know everything about everything, feeling offended by such question (and keeping the worst possible priorities on top) - forced this narrative, feed journalists with this statements without thinking that it may be relevant if it looks like her handwriting or not. Cause thinking only about the relevancy of the the fact that THEY ARE thinking that she did and convincing that everyone around agrees with them.

From a normal person, with relatively healthy attitude towards things I'd expect:
a) being emotionally affected enough to (for some time) not even think about questioning such a thing,
b) being uncertain and trying to make sure,
c) not recognising the handwriting, so doubting it's genuinity.
Something like that, not stating in 20 different ways how confident and sure they are that it's their loved one's handwriting, that they recognise it, that they're absolutely convinced just to completely switch in two weeks or so.
And not just one person did that but at least three. Three!
So either:
a) dumb conspiracy between them,
b) controlling nutcase (or perp) among them, controlling the rest,
c) yellow pages worthy journalism?

BTW, in an earlier thread (#5, I think), there was brief mention of underground storage tanks being used in the 1970s, at a transmission shop in PA. They were regularly siphoned out, by a service. Could that apply here? Or do we know for certain that only barrels were used at CA's shops?
I wrote that earlier thread and another regarding the note. I can't imagine they could find a landfill that would allow steel drums full of used oil, even in 1974 there were laws. They did however spray a thin layer on dirt roads and even dirt racetracks at that time. They come and siphon the oil from the drum for no $ and sell it to road construction companies, etc. There were deposits on drums, above the cost of the contents when bought, just like bottles of soda. If drums were found while moving the trash with dozers at the landfill they were probably put on the side to be cashed in and then found out what was inside. If you are older you probably remember picking up empty bottles you found and returning them for cash back when gas was 24 cents a gallon.

I wrote that earlier thread and another regarding the note. I can't imagine they could find a landfill that would allow steel drums full of used oil, even in 1974 there were laws. They did however spray a thin layer on dirt roads and even dirt racetracks at that time. They come and siphon the oil from the drum for no $ and sell it to road construction companies, etc. There were deposits on drums, above the cost of the contents when bought, just like bottles of soda. If drums were found while moving the trash with dozers at the landfill they were probably put on the side to be cashed in and then found out what was inside. If you are older you probably remember picking up empty bottles you found and returning them for cash back when gas was 24 cents a gallon.
I'm not too sure that there was much oversight in 1974.
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, which regulates toxic waste disposal, wasn't passed until 1976.

Even then, enforcement was inconsistent. The Love Canal disaster of 1978 was the first thing that really raised public awareness of the issue and got the ball rolling on enforcement.

Unless he rode with CA...
That would change the way I see him quite a lot.
But how much sense does that make?
Maybe if CA was living literally next door. It's not far but still, few minutes drive in each way, every time.
Guy who's job is to fix cars, and who at the moment basically owns that business doesn't have his own car to go to and back from work, and relies solely on his inlaws to get by, cause his teenage wife has to drive to school - which is much closer than his work?
That would be pretty unusual. Not impossible, but unusual.

Two hours ago: maybe I'll just start with organising what I accumulated about the case and see what I end up with...

Twenty minutes ago: this is bloody ridiculous. It makes no sense, zero, minus milion. What the hell is going on with that letter?!

Apart from all the obvious doubts about the delivery, envelope, paper, wording - let's forget about that for a moment.
Does anyone have any idea or stumbled on any consistent explanation (or even theory) as to WHY almost every article published in days and weeks after the disappearance has quotes from Rachel's relatives stating their high and absolute confidence in Rachel authoring the letter?
Then... they switch into NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT, WE DON'T BELIEVE SHE WROTE IT.
They even go back later (or someone is) cause some coverage that came up later claims that oh, they started questioning it the moment they saw it.
What the actual hell was going on there?

Was one of the main players the type that absolutely always has to have everything their way or no way at all?
Cause the only thing that I can imagine is someone there, possibly the cop asking if they recognize Rachel's handwriting... and that person - fueled with the belief that they know everything about everything, feeling offended by such question (and keeping the worst possible priorities on top) - forced this narrative, feed journalists with this statements without thinking that it may be relevant if it looks like her handwriting or not. Cause thinking only about the relevancy of the the fact that THEY ARE thinking that she did and convincing that everyone around agrees with them.

From a normal person, with relatively healthy attitude towards things I'd expect:
a) being emotionally affected enough to (for some time) not even think about questioning such a thing,
b) being uncertain and trying to make sure,
c) not recognising the handwriting, so doubting it's genuinity.
Something like that, not stating in 20 different ways how confident and sure they are that it's their loved one's handwriting, that they recognise it, that they're absolutely convinced just to completely switch in two weeks or so.
And not just one person did that but at least three. Three!
So either:
a) dumb conspiracy between them,
b) controlling nutcase (or perp) among them, controlling the rest,
c) yellow pages worthy journalism?
Regarding the change in attitude about that confounded letter, I'd say that at some point,  someone realized they'd have to change their story, either to protect someone, or because insider information came to light that changed everything( or both).The story changer probably felt trapped/forced into doing so. Fear outweighed truth, IMO.

That would change the way I see him quite a lot.
But how much sense does that make?
Maybe if CA was living literally next door. It's not far but still, few minutes drive in each way, every time.
Guy who's job is to fix cars, and who at the moment basically owns that business doesn't have his own car to go to and back from work, and relies solely on his inlaws to get by, cause his teenage wife has to drive to school - which is much closer than his work?
That would be pretty unusual. Not impossible, but unusual.
TT  did take Rachel off their hands. That's one less mouth to feed, and they get to keep the business. F and C might've considered TT their savior, at that point, and were willing to accommodate him (at least for a while). I know many folks see it that way.
BTW, a V.I. indicated at that the time of the girls' disappearance, CA was sick, but not homebound. If he were too sick to drive far, it could've been CA driving to Minot, where TT gets in, takes the wheel, drives them to the shop-- then same in reverse to go home.

Last edited:
TT  did take Rachel off their hands. That's one less mouth to feed, and they get to keep the business. F and C might've considered TT their savior, at that point, and were willing to accommodate him (at least for a while). I know many folks see it that way.
BTW, a V.I. indicated at that the time of the girls' disappearance, CA was sick, but not homebound. If he were too sick to drive far, it could've been CA driving to Minot, where TT gets in, takes the wheel, drives them to the shop-- then same in reverse to go home.
Their attitude or possible attitude is one thing, but TT had a car since he was teenager so this would be significant step back, less independence that he used to have just for her convenience?
Also neighbor said that A's car never left their driveway on that day. Arlington is significant distance, even with no traffic it would be like 2 hours to get him, drive there, drop him off and come back. Not that easy to miss... unless she wasn't asked/thinking about the early morning.
Possible to come up with some scenario in theory but it seems so easy to clear up...

How many vehicles did C/FA have? In order for CA to take TT to work, and FA to go to the shop to check on CA, they'd need two (unless a cab or public transit were options). RA claims mom went to the shop, TT says maybe FA was at shop. I know what the neighbor said, I was just pointing out the glaring inconsistencies...
Also, TT says an ex- brother-in-law and his wife stayed with him for awhile. This would have to be an ex-husband of DA, if TT is an only child. Is that right?

How many vehicles did C/FA have? In order for CA to take TT to work, and FA to go to the shop to check on CA, they'd need two (unless a cab or public transit were options). RA claims mom went to the shop, TT says maybe FA was at shop. I know what the neighbor said, I was just pointing out the glaring inconsistencies...
Also, TT says an ex- brother-in-law and his wife stayed with him for awhile. This would have to be an ex-husband of DA, if TT is an only child. Is that right?
Confusion, confusion, confusion...
No idea if TT was the only child or if DA was then divorced - but the latter would be pretty weird since some people lived in the trailer parked in his backyard at the time of disappearance.

Some people count cousins (kids of parents siblings) as brothers and sisters but don't consider spouses of their spouses siblings as bil/sil's.

Confusion, confusion, confusion...
No idea if TT was the only child or if DA was then divorced - but the latter would be pretty weird since some people lived in the trailer parked in his backyard at the time of disappearance.

Some people count cousins (kids of parents siblings) as brothers and sisters but don't consider spouses of their spouses siblings as bil/sil's.
On this forum, it's been stated that TT was adopted by an older couple, and an only child. So, I'm thinking DA had already been married and divorced? I'm pretty sure now it  was DA's ex, because someone on here posted that that situation might've been stressful/odd for TT, on top of everything else going on. I believe LE spoke with the couple living in the trailer.

I had remembered reading a description of RT's clothing somewhere, and after much searching turns out it was on thread one!! Ive' posted the text of the message and a link to it for anyone interested. I have been trying to find the article this came from but I get blocked from alot of US sites because I am in the UK so I've not been able to find out where the description came from - like was it LE, family...... I know it's not going to solve what happened, but if accurate it should really be on her missing profile incase it can be linked to any unidentified.

TX - TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #1

...When last seen, Mrs. Trlica was wearing an orange and white striped blouse with high waisted jeans and brown shoes with large heels. She was wearing wedding rings, a gold dinner ring with diamonds and a heart shaped pendant.

Miss Wilson was wearing a yellow T shirt with "Sweet Honesty" written on the front in green lettering, blue hip hugger pants, ....., red and white oxford shoes, and a white gold ... diamond ring

Miss Mosley was last seen wearing a red long sleeved with blue denim pants and red tennis shoes with white toes....

Advocate
Victoria Texas
Monday, April 14, 1975
Question diamond ring description for Miss Wilson.

It was Shana's brother and his wife.

A lot was different in the 70s. All the car pooling of TT might be related to the American gas panic in early 1970s. I don't know specifics in Fort Worth, but it was hard enough to purchase fuel for one car that ride sharing increased. That habit probably continued in December in my opinion.

Good point about the vehicles. Maybe there's a simple explanation but I don't expect to get one and I guess I'll always be confused about that.

Their attitude or possible attitude is one thing, but TT had a car since he was teenager so this would be significant step back, less independence that he used to have just for her convenience?
Also neighbor said that A's car never left their driveway on that day. Arlington is significant distance, even with no traffic it would be like 2 hours to get him, drive there, drop him off and come back. Not that easy to miss... unless she wasn't asked/thinking about the early morning.
Possible to come up with some scenario in theory but it seems so easy to clear up...

I don't know what their normal routine was but on the day in question I've often thought a customers vehicle could have somehow been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member