TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd understood they were to meet the friends at the mall at 12:00 pm, but the trio was at A/N store at that time (that's been confirmed). So maybe they were running late. What doesn't add up is if they were definitely at A/N at noon, and DA definitely saw her sister at home at 12:30 pm (per MP report). That would mean Rachel:
* went home before going to the mall
* possibly never made it to the mall from Minot (which means the car was definitely planted)
I don't think she had time to hit the mall from A/N,  then go home in that time frame.

I would pretty much agree with this, but they could have possible made a quick visit to the Mall before going back to Minot, if we are a bit more flexible with the times. But running with what you have mentioned above, what does that leave us with ?

- Never made it to the Mall from Minot

- Abducted from the Mall Parking Lot on arrival. If they made it to the Mall proper in this timeframe (i.e after the sightings at Minot) say around 1.00pm, they would surely have bumped into the friends they were supposed to meet.

JMO, but one of the above could be the correct answer to this mystery.

I would pretty much agree with this, but they could have possible made a quick visit to the Mall before going back to Minot, if we are a bit more flexible with the times.
RSBM
If we allow for flexibility/inaccuracy of stated times, then, yes-- Rachel could've possibly been in/out of the mall  very quickly, though I don't know how feasible that would've been with holiday traffic. She definitely would not have had time to shop, though, imo.
- Abducted from the Mall Parking Lot on arrival. If they made it to the Mall proper in this timeframe (i.e after the sightings at Minot) say around 1.00pm, they would surely have bumped into the friends they were supposed to meet.
Yes, theoretically, they should've met up with the friends. Being abducted from the mall on arrival makes sense to me if they were abducted by someone who followed them there. I think we've essentially ruled out stranger abduction because of the letter. So that leaves the idea they were followed to the mall from Minot (or someone saw them en route from Minot, followed them), then abducted after exiting the Olds in the parking lot. Assuming this scenario, either:
* someone followed them, waited for them to exit their car, lock it up, before abducting/enticing them away  or
* two (or more) people were involved-- one or more to abduct/entice the girls away from the Olds, another to take the keys, lock the car
Again, ruling out stranger abduction means this was pulled off by someone (or a few someones) either known to the trio, or trusted by them.
Just a possibility, and jmo.

Last edited:
I think they left for their shopping trip between noon or a little after. If I remember correctly, they were waiting for Tommy's first wife to pick up her little boy, Rachel's stepson. I wouldn't even know where to look on the multiple threads for this case to double check.

I think they left for their shopping trip between noon or a little after. If I remember correctly, they were waiting for Tommy's first wife to pick up her little boy, Rachel's stepson. I wouldn't even know where to look on the multiple threads for this case to double check.
I think that it is possible that they visited the A/N store and and a few other places prior to noon. I seem to recall reading that Terry Moseley said the earlier timeline is the correct one.

If so, then after this they may have returned to Rachel's house, before the trip to the Mall.

RSBM
It's a possibilty, but I can't come up with a good reason for them to do so, as it would be considerably back-tracking, imo. jmo
IMO, purely speculation and only one of many speculations . . .
this is where the husband has communicated with ST and RT causing a shift.

EDITED TO ADD: or ST and RT are acting around the husband, to get the toddler situated. Both on eggshells?

Last edited:
RSBM
It's a possibilty, but I can't come up with a good reason for them to do so, as it would be considerably back-tracking, imo. jmo
I don't know the geography of the area, but if you are correct, I think I would run with the idea that they had done all their shopping by the time they were seen at Minot around 12.30pm (assuming sightings are legit), rather then the trio starting their shopping trip at that time.

IMO, purely speculation and only one of many speculations . . .
this is where the husband has communicated with ST and RT causing a shift.

EDITED TO ADD: or ST and RT are acting around the husband, to get the toddler situated. Both on eggshells?
It's a thought (and I do believe there may have been friction between Rachel, TT and ST), but how would they have communicated with one another? Rachel was allegedly on the go that day from around 10:00 am till around 12:30 pm..

I don't know the geography of the area, but if you are correct, I think I would run with the idea that they had done all their shopping by the time they were seen at Minot around 12.30pm (assuming sightings are legit), rather then the trio starting their shopping trip at that time.
Assuming that scenario, ST and DA both saw the trio, but not each other (per their own statements), and the car was planted back at SS mall lot by someone.

It's a thought (and I do believe there may have been friction between Rachel, TT and ST), but how would they have communicated with one another? Rachel was allegedly on the go that day from around 10:00 am till around 12:30 pm..
IMO, in anything so far, Rachel was the only one with blocked access to a telephone while she was out doing errands. ST and TT could have talked with each other or anybody. I think a possibility is that TT sent ST over to the house.

IMO, in anything so far, Rachel was the only one with blocked access to a telephone while she was out doing errands. ST and TT could have talked with each other or anybody. I think a possibility is that TT sent ST over to the house.
Edit to add: That TT changed plan.

Edit to add: That TT changed plan.
This is plausible, assuming the following:
* Rachel leaves to pick up Renee; the toddler is left at Minot.
*TT and ST have meanwhile arranged for ST to pick up their son at Minot.
* Unknown to them, Rachel drives back home with Renee and Julie from A/N and (mall??), decides to take the toddler to (?)
* ST shows up at Minot to pick up Jr, just catching the trio leaving with him.

This scenario contradicts the statements of at least two people in this case, but it's the only way I can make it work. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back