GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I missed it this morning. They are saying that his wife will be testifying today? Has she already been called? TIA!

Don't think so. So far it has been 2 women & 1 man who saw the Hasse shooting & the policeman who answered the call & showed his dash cam video (for jury only - not the public)

I saw the last half of the day which has been more interesting than the actual trial. I still see the defense really hasn't even tried anything. But maybe they will during cross.

Is it normal for them to bring up another murder in a penalty phase for the conviction of a different murder?

I seem to recall that one of the local newspapers reported that the election of Williams was unusual in that he trailed in pre-election polls and exit polls, yet won in the final hours.

I seem to recall that one of the local newspapers reported that the election of Williams was unusual in that he trailed in pre-election polls and exit polls, yet won in the final hours.

Hmmmm.........that's interesting. Near the beginning of this thread there were some comments that Williams had some pretty good political connections at the state level. Maybe the election was rigged??????? All I know for sure is that this is one of the strangest murder cases I've ever heard of. I don't think even a good fiction writer could come up with such a weird story.

The parents of Eric Williams are in court today.

I just saw that on wfaa.com. It showed a picture that allegedly shows Williams' father talking to the McLelland family:shame:. How could that possibly be??????? I'm sure the McLelland family wasn't too happy about that. Maybe craziness just runs in the Williams family.

Listening to audio of a voluntary search at his house. It's excruciating. I feel terrible for the jurors having to listen to all this. I'm not entirely sure what the point of this is.

I'm not too impressed with the numerous guns this guy had. I saw almost as many at the Tulsa Gun and Knife show :eek:

I know lots & lots of Texas men who own lots & lots & lots of guns & none of those men would kill another human being for anything on earth. Collecting guns is just an obsession with some guys here in the Lone Star State. I don't necessarily understand it, but then I'm a girl & I would rather collect diamonds.:laughing:

Talk about being armed to the teeth. My eyeballs almost fell out seeing the assault rifles bolted to the inside of the roof of his car.

WFAA 6pm news is reporting that prosecution should wrap up its case tomorrow. After that defense will present its case. That should certainly be interesting. I can't imagine what they possibly present. Guess we shall see.

Talk about being armed to the teeth. My eyeballs almost fell out seeing the assault rifles bolted to the inside of the roof of his car.

While 2nd amendment rights are important in my opinion, seems some gun owners are really obsessed with guns.
Guns are not a solution to every problem as some seem to think. However to say other people own too many guns, it means someone eg government has to intervene. There are already laws and background checks in place.. But gun control has never really worked in America, has it?
Perhaps gun lobbists should promote responsible gun ownership, to educate people about gun safety, so guns dont end up in the hands of minors unsupervised.
Some parents obviously feel guns are part of American lifestyle, take kids to hunting trips or target practise. Parents are responsible when minors/teenagers have an access to guns unsupervised. There may be tragic consequences, remember devastating Sandy Hook.

May be off topic here, since it is also fair to say guns dont kill people, people do.
Whatever problems perp in this case had, it is clear murder is never an answer, at least not the right answer.
Victims may get justice eventually, but the damage done cannot be reversed, their lives taken away forever, and they cannot get them back. Ever.

JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/09/punishment-phase-williams-continues/20133699/

A summary of yesterday's court proceedings & it is most certainly a must read in order to look into the mind of Eric Williams. Near the end of the article is testimony presented regarding a 2007 e-mail that Williams sent to a colleague regarding another attorney that Williams was upset with. The e-mail was filled with a tremendous amount of rage & hate............threatening the man, his wife, & his children. If the prosecutors had no other evidence, that e-mail alone is enough to warrant the death penalty. Williams is an extremely dangerous person.

On another note, nbcdfw is reporting on the 6 am news that Williams wife will testify today.

Does anybody know if it will be streaming live today? I can't find it on WFAA?

Don't know for sure, but I suspect it will eventually pop up on WFAA. I believe I heard over the news that the trial doesn't start until 10am. Previously it has started a either 8:45 or 9 am.

You can find streaming live at http://courtchatter.tv/ericwilliams.htm

The sound is a little better than on the wfaa site, but it's still not great. Currently Williams & his attorneys are out of the court room & people are just milling around. There has been testimonies from a couple of people who heard have Williams threatening harm to others.

Prosecution has rested so I guess Kim Williams won't be testifying. I think they rested after showing the court cans of napalm.

Can hardly wait to see what lame excuses the defense presents. Throughout the years Williams has had a history of threatening maiming & death to anyone he became upset with. Seems to me someone should have paid attention to those threats.

Via twitter

Ken Kalthoff:
New #EricWilliamsTrial evidence includes explosives recovered from backpack found in Williams storage room. @NBCDFW http://t.co/zfiCFl72oT

Jack Fink CBS 11
#ericwilliamstrial photo of one of pickle jars FBI found in Williams' backpack: it had napalm inside. @CBSDFW http://t.co/q0cY9dpBTn

Jennifer Emily @dallascourts
Prosecutors introduced homemade napalm found in Eric Williams' storage unit Judge tells them "don't you be blowing up my courtroom."
https://twitter.com/dallascourts/status/542729360785309696

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball