GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But this could mean murders remain formally unsolved because there is no conviction. Which is weird imo in such high-profile case.
Of course securing conviction most important.
Hopefully conviction/sentence upholds on appeal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cannot imagine an appeal getting too far with this case...on what? Defense did not put up a case. Probably only thing would be that judge clearly did not like the defense or the defendant and his facial expressions made that clear. Influence the jury...doubt it they could see the case for themselves and they spoke with one loud voice.

Some people deserve the death penalty more than others.

No, they won't. They can try him ic his conviction for this case is thrown out.

Toby Shook did the same with Darlie Routier- only convicted in 1 sons murder.

This way if the jury comes back with not guilty they could still try the other cases.

In reading some of the comments on various news sites, some people are complaining about paying for Williams' upkeep while waiting on the appeals process. JMO, but I don't look for him to last very long in prison. There are lots of other seriously bad guys in the system & I seriously doubt that prison officials make much effort to protect him.

Cannot imagine an appeal getting too far with this case...on what? Defense did not put up a case. Probably only thing would be that judge clearly did not like the defense or the defendant and his facial expressions made that clear. Influence the jury...doubt it they could see the case for themselves and they spoke with one loud voice.

We shall see.
In death penalty cases, i believe there is an automatic appeal in place.

In reading some of the comments on various news sites, some people are complaining about paying for Williams' upkeep while waiting on the appeals process. JMO, but I don't look for him to last very long in prison. There are lots of other seriously bad guys in the system & I seriously doubt that prison officials make much effort to protect him.

He'll be housed in a single cell and also go to rec. by himself. Zero personal contact with other inmates. He'll be fine.

I do believe he'll attempt to abuse the appeal process. I wouldn't be surprised if he started acting as his own attorney. moo

The link didn't work for me, but thanks for the info. I did not know that.

Sitting alone all day in a cell, he'll have all sorts of time to dream up more murder & mayhem. Just hope he can't communicate with someone on the outside to arrange more revenge. After this trial, his hit list should have grown significantly.

Eric Williams' mugshot from TDCJ after being transferred to Death Row. Williams was sentenced to death on Wednesday. http://t.co/45O7r3Adqh

36a34c49428cdf775d3c943805989c3e.jpg

Doesn't look so smug now. Matter of fact, his eyes look red like he's been crying. Or is that just my wishful thinking?

Woman plans guilty plea in triple Texas murders, prosecutor says

Snip

(Reuters) - A woman charged with helping her husband kill a Texas district attorney, his wife and an assistant district attorney has reached a tentative agreement to plead guilty to murder, the special prosecutor in the case said on Sunday.

Snip

Bill Wirskye, the lead special prosecutor in the case, said on Sunday that Kim Williams is scheduled to enter a guilty plea to murder at 9 a.m. on Tuesday in Kaufman County.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/28/us-usa-texas-murders-idUSKBN0K60MV20141228

I suppose she will be spared her husband's fate since she helped send him to death row.

NBCDFW 4pm news featured an interview with Eric Williams' sister discussing the plea deal for Kim Williams. Prior to seeing this, I had wondered why she had not been called as a witness for the defense during the penalty phase of his trial. I'm trying to phrase this as kindly as possible. I believe the defense correctly assessed that she would not have been of any help in avoiding the death penalty. If a link to the interview is posted later, I will post it here & each of you can make your own determination.

40 years for 3 murders doesn't seem like much of a sentence, but given the health of Kim Williams, it might well be a life sentence. Without her confession & testimony prosecutors might not have had the slam dunk they had on her husband. She will be eligible for parole after 20 years, but the victim's families say they will oppose any parole. As per NBCDFW news at 4, the victim's families seem content with Kim Williams' sentence.

Because she didn't pull the trigger or kill anyone, 40 years seem fair.
Perhaps she even deserves pardon down the road: she also helped to nail her ex.

Because she didn't pull the trigger or kill anyone, 40 years seem fair.
Perhaps she even deserves pardon down the road: she also helped to nail her ex.

Correction: meant parole, not pardon.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/17/kaufman-county-killer-seeks-new-trial/21917909/

Eric Williams attorney filed a motion on Friday 1/16/15 asking for a new trial. The attorney says that they now have proof that Williams's diabetes caused brain damage:banghead:. I have lived a long life & have known quite a few people who have had diabetes & not a one of them has any brain damage, nor have any of them ever killed anyone.

My sympathy goes out to the families of the victims who now have to endure even more pain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back