Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities say they are still looking at Kayla's disappearance as a missing person's case.

"The FBI says abduction is proof that there was an abduction; and missing, they're just gone, sometimes under unexplained circumstances and sometimes they aren't. But the case is being treated as both," Campbell says.

"Find her," Hawkins says.

A member of the sheriff's department told earlier that an anonymous donation of 10-thousand dollars was made by an individual to go toward increasing the CrimeStoppers reward.

http://www.14news.com/story/33628337/search-continues-for-missing-bullard-girl

BBM.
Does anyone else find this confusing? DO they think she was abducted or not?
God bless whoever that individual is who put up $10,000 for the reward. I hope it brings something to light.

From what I have read this was just a prayer meeting, not a regular service. There was no childcare or classes. The kids were playing in the lobby while the adults prayed in the sanctuary. IDK if an adult stayed out in the lobby or if they left the kids unattended. I'm guessing since the child Kayla was reported to be playing with was a 2 year old (her cousin's child) they would not leave them alone. Someone correct me if any of this is wrong info.

(I had dreams last night they found Kayla alive in the fields behind the church. I wish that were true and she just wandered off for some reason.)

Yes, that's what was reported in the beginning but this article (http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Amber-Alert-Issued-for-10-Year-Old-Texas-Girl-399612151.html) tells an entirely different story. The cousin's 2 year old and the cousin's husband are not even mentioned in this article. Still other articles say she was sitting alone in a chair in the lobby, and when her mother "came back" she was gone. Another one says the adults were talking in the lobby and mom turned around and daughter was gone, she thought maybe she went to the bathroom or something.

I'm sure LE has the correct story, but the media sure is messing it up.

Restaurant next to church where child disappeared a hot spot of law enforcement activity

While investigating the scene, Reyes says Bullard Police located blood around the corner of the restaurant. It was no longer there when KETK checked the area.

Before the burglary happened, authorities were at the restaurant on Wednesday looking for any clues connected to Kayla Gomez, who was last seen at the Bullard First Assembly of God Church the previous night.

http://easttexasmatters.com/news/crimewatch/restaurant-next-to-church-where-child-disappeared-a-hot-spot-of-law-enforcement-activity

Yes, that's what was reported in the beginning but this article (http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Amber-Alert-Issued-for-10-Year-Old-Texas-Girl-399612151.html) tells an entirely different story. The cousin's 2 year old and the cousin's husband are not even mentioned in this article. Still other articles say she was sitting alone in a chair in the lobby, and when her mother "came back" she was gone. Another one says the adults were talking in the lobby and mom turned around and daughter was gone, she thought maybe she went to the bathroom or something.

That sure is conflicting info:
Gomez's brother told NBC 5 the kids often attend a special service and meet up with their families afterward. The family waited for Gomez in the church lobby, but she didn't return.

The video that accompanies that info says "the kids will often.." and the info is given by the reporter after having talked to the brother on the phone. We don't hear it in the brother's own words. The phrasing "will often" makes me think the brother/reporter is not saying that is what happened that night just that is how it often happens. Was the brother at the church with the family that night? Do we know for sure he was there? I think the reporter is generalizing and not describing what actually happened and this is where confusion has come in. MOO.

Kayla was just reported about on GMA. I am glad she is getting more coverage.

BBM.
God bless whoever that individual is who put up $10,000 for the reward. I hope it brings something to light.

I think they are treating it as both as they think she has been abducted but there is no proof, such as a witness or video evidence to prove it, so technically she has to be treated as a missing person.

Restaurant next to church where child disappeared a hot spot of law enforcement activity

While investigating the scene, Reyes says Bullard Police located blood around the corner of the restaurant. It was no longer there when KETK checked the area.

Before the burglary happened, authorities were at the restaurant on Wednesday looking for any clues connected to Kayla Gomez, who was last seen at the Bullard First Assembly of God Church the previous night.

http://easttexasmatters.com/news/crimewatch/restaurant-next-to-church-where-child-disappeared-a-hot-spot-of-law-enforcement-activity

Hmmm, wondering if the burglary occurred to recover some evidence left behind or to disable cameras or something.....returning to the scene of the crime?

Has everyone seen this vid? It is from the news station KLTV7, reporter walks thru the church and outside. Gives you a good indicator on how small this church was..it is literally steps away from 69, and the parking lot is super small...[video]https://www.facebook.com/TaylorHemnessKLTV7/videos/914805405287908/[/video]

I'm glad you posted this video, it clears things up a lot for me. As anybody with a brain knows, after dark it is easy to see inside of a building that is lit up. This occurred at 8 p.m., well after dark. The entire lobby area where the children were playing is lined with a full height window wall. This would have made it extraordinarily easy for a person to sit out in the parking lot and observe the kids as they played and scurried around inside the lobby area. The church is situated next to a very busy highway. The church is also located close to a nearby restaurant.

Most likely our perpetrator pulled into the parking lot of the church for some mundane reason, such as checking a noisy tire or stopping to text somebody, and was able to observe the kids playing in the lobby through the backlit windows. The young girl he saw moving around inside the lobby caused his sick fantasies to kick into overdrive, and that's when this abduction scheme was hatched. I'd guess he probably exited his vehicle and walked up to the doors of the building to see if any adults were present. This again he could observe from outside the building. Seeing no threats inside the lobby, he most likely opened the front door and motioned Kayla to come over and talk to him. She walks over to see what he wants, and he snatches her up and hustles her out to his car, and then hurriedly speeds off into the night.

This is why LE is asking for the public's help. I'd be willing to bet my next years salary that a motorist driving by on the road either saw the perps car pull into the parking lot, saw him dragging her to his vehicle, or witnessed him speeding away. I doubt if any one motorist would have seen it all take place, but they may have seen one part or another as it was happening. This motorist more than likely doesn't even realize what they were witnessing. Trying to find people who may have been driving by the church at precisely the same time the perp's vehicle was leaving is going to be a toughy.

Having seen now how easily a predator could have sat out in the parking lot and observed what was going on in the front lobby, it makes it much easier for me to buy into the possibility that this was a stranger abduction. I don't think this was planned though, just a spur of the moment snatch-and-grab by a sick and twisted up individual.

BBM.

I don't understand this either. When Sierah was kidnapped, they kept saying "missing". I think it's a matter of whether or not someone actually "saw" them being dragged away or not? It's ridiculous.
Kayla didn't drop into a black hole. Somebody took her.
This is driving me crazy! Where IS SHE??

I'm glad you posted this video, it clears things up a lot for me. As anybody with a brain knows, after dark it is easy to see inside of a building that is lit up. This occurred at 8 p.m., well after dark. The entire lobby area where the children were playing is lined with a full height window wall. This would have made it extraordinarily easy for a person to sit out in the parking lot and observe the kids as they played and scurried around inside the lobby area. The church is situated next to a very busy highway. The church is also located close to a nearby restaurant.

Most likely our perpetrator pulled into the parking lot of the church for some mundane reason, such as checking a noisy tire or stopping to text somebody, and was able to observe the kids playing in the lobby through the backlit windows. The young girl he saw moving around inside the lobby caused his sick fantasies to kick into overdrive, and that's when this abduction scheme was hatched. I'd guess he probably exited his vehicle and walked up to the doors of the building to see if any adults were present. This again he could observe from outside the building. Seeing no threats inside the lobby, he most likely opened the front door and motioned Kayla to come over and talk to him. She walks over to see what he wants, and he snatches her up and hustles her out to his car, and then hurriedly speeds off into the night.

This is why LE is asking for the public's help. I'd be willing to bet my next years salary that a motorist driving by on the road either saw the perps car pull into the parking lot, saw him dragging her to his vehicle, or witnessed him speeding away. I doubt if any one motorist would have seen it all take place, but they may have seen one part or another as it was happening. This motorist more than likely doesn't even realize what they were witnessing. Trying to find people who may have been driving by the church at precisely the same time the perp's vehicle was leaving is going to be a toughy.

Having seen now how easily a predator could have sat out in the parking lot and observed what was going on in the front lobby, it makes it much easier for me to buy into the possibility that this was a stranger abduction. I don't think this was planned though, just a spur of the moment snatch-and-grab by a sick and twisted up individual.

A very likely scenario, although I also think it's possible this was not a spur of the moment decision. It could be someone who drove by the church regularly on Tuesday nights and saw children through the window, or even someone who goes to the church and maybe even usually in attendance at the meetings. As you said, it would be super easy to poke your head in, motion her over to the door and then just grab her. In this scenario, Kayla would not have had to go outside "on her own" (since it's been said she was afraid of the dark).

I just don't see (after seeing video) anyone that was not known, could open the front doors into that small space that people were in, and not be noticed as a "stranger". This is a small group of the same church-goers. They would notice. They would notice that a strange person was in that small space.

At least in the media, there are to many conflicting stories about the last sighting.

Cousin's husband (details told by his wife) - Saw her last in lobby, kissing his daughter, she didn't want to go with them.

Brother- States they were waiting for her in lobby and she "never came out"

Reports have stated she came out with her mom who stopped to talk while she sat in one of the 6 or 8 chairs that are in the lobby. Reports say she was never more than a few feet from her mom..

Which is it?

I do find it interesting that the cousins husband has not been named in the media, nor is it being repeated by LE what he alledgedly told his wife about being with Kayla. Information lockdown there.

Yes! My thoughts exactly! I initially wondered if someone had broken in to steal the surveillance camera equipment. Sorry was trying to reply to TTF14's post above, but my phone is acting up!

I do believe this is an abduction, and is not family. I am teetering though on whether or not it is someone who attends that church or a stranger. Someone who attends and is known to the child could lure her out by parking in front of the doors essentially, lure her out of the light so those in the actual church (which also appeared to have glass door looking into the lobby per the new video) could not easily see, he could grab her and have her in his car/trunk in five seconds and be gone. The only person I can imagine being brazen enough to step into the light in the lobby and take her, would be someone sure of themselves knowing where the prayer circle was and the visibility of the lobby from said prayer circle. Not sure if this is making sense to you, but I know even if their fantasy was in play, they do not want to get caught. I saw this when the first two posts were made and told my son at that time, this one is not going to be a good one, I just felt it. I pray this young girl can come through this somehow, but I have my doubts....so upsetting. My prayers are with her and her family. IMHO

I just don't see (after seeing video) anyone that was not known, could open the front doors into that small space that people were in, and not be noticed as a "stranger". This is a small group of the same church-goers. They would notice. They would notice that a strange person was in that small space.

At least in the media, there are to many conflicting stories about the last sighting.

Cousin's husband (details told by his wife) - Saw her last in lobby, kissing his daughter, she didn't want to go with them.

Reports have stated she came out with her mom who stopped to talk while she sat in one of the 6 or 8 chairs that are in the lobby. Reports say she was never more than a few feet from her mom..

Which is it?

I do find it interesting that the cousins husband has not been named in the media, nor is it being repeated by LE what he alledgedly told his wife about being with Kayla. Information lockdown there.

The cousin's husband was named in one of the articles but I do not remember which one. The article had direct quotes from Kayla's cousin and named her as well.

ETA: His name is Gustavo Zavala
http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local/255530/updates-on-10yearold-child-missing-from-bullard

Which is it?

I believe cousins husband was named in the media several pages back

In my opinion, these are all perspectives of the same story. They just depend on whose perspective you ask. And there are language barriers. From the perspective of the cousin, her husband saw Kayla in the lobby when he was leaving with his two year old. From the perspective of the mother, Kayla was in the lobby and when the mother "turned around" after talking to her friends, Kayla was gone. From the perspective of others, Kayla was in one of the chairs before she was gone.

Going back to this as I didn't see it fully addressed.

Did they see him leave? How do they know when he left? Did they call him 5 minutes after he left, or 5 minutes after they realized she was missing?

Was he in the car still when they called? Do they know where he was? Who was home when he got home to verify his travel times?
What I do not understand is......why leave this child alone in the foyer after taking your child?
Why not make sure she is left with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member