Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo I do not feel the lobby is the safest place to have your children wait if they are alone only because this is where everyone enters and exits.
So where were all the other kids?

It was a small service - there might not have been more than just the two year old as "the other kids".

Ok, so, I think from what I have read is the mother and child came out of those glass doors after the prayer meeting and into this lobby where the child is playing with a little cousin and the mother is talking to fellow worshipers. The little cousin has to leave with her dad, the childs uncle, she gives the cousins kisses and displays that she doesn't want the cousin to leave, but they do. The child is sitting in one of these chairs as the mother wraps up visiting and poof she is gone. This does not seem possible. This is a small, small area they were all gathered in. Pretty brazen for someone (stranger) to open the door to the church with adults standing around visiting and snatch a 10 yr old. There is obviously other information they are not sharing if the LE expects a stranger abduction.

Yes, that's what was reported in the beginning but this article (http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Amber-Alert-Issued-for-10-Year-Old-Texas-Girl-399612151.html) tells an entirely different story. The cousin's 2 year old and the cousin's husband are not even mentioned in this article. Still other articles say she was sitting alone in a chair in the lobby, and when her mother "came back" she was gone. Another one says the adults were talking in the lobby and mom turned around and daughter was gone, she thought maybe she went to the bathroom or something.

I'm sure LE has the correct story, but the media sure is messing it up.

If I had to guess...I'd say it was likely Kayla and her cousin were in the lobby. Maybe with some other kids/people. Most people left. Then the cousin's husband said goodbye and took the 2 year old. Kayla is alone while mom is in the other room. Something happens...Kayla is gone. Mom comes out and can't find her. Maybe waits to see if Kayla comes out of the bathroom or somewhere. She doesn't so she (and whoever else is still there) starts looking for her. Then they call the cousin's husband to ask if by chance she left with him or something. So basically all of the "stories" could be true but slightly different based on perspective. (All speculation, of course.)

I'm glad you posted this video, it clears things up a lot for me. As anybody with a brain knows, after dark it is easy to see inside of a building that is lit up. This occurred at 8 p.m., well after dark. The entire lobby area where the children were playing is lined with a full height window wall. This would have made it extraordinarily easy for a person to sit out in the parking lot and observe the kids as they played and scurried around inside the lobby area. The church is situated next to a very busy highway. The church is also located close to a nearby restaurant.

Most likely our perpetrator pulled into the parking lot of the church for some mundane reason, such as checking a noisy tire or stopping to text somebody, and was able to observe the kids playing in the lobby through the backlit windows. The young girl he saw moving around inside the lobby caused his sick fantasies to kick into overdrive, and that's when this abduction scheme was hatched. I'd guess he probably exited his vehicle and walked up to the doors of the building to see if any adults were present. This again he could observe from outside the building. Seeing no threats inside the lobby, he most likely opened the front door and motioned Kayla to come over and talk to him. She walks over to see what he wants, and he snatches her up and hustles her out to his car, and then hurriedly speeds off into the night.

This is why LE is asking for the public's help. I'd be willing to bet my next years salary that a motorist driving by on the road either saw the perps car pull into the parking lot, saw him dragging her to his vehicle, or witnessed him speeding away. I doubt if any one motorist would have seen it all take place, but they may have seen one part or another as it was happening. This motorist more than likely doesn't even realize what they were witnessing. Trying to find people who may have been driving by the church at precisely the same time the perp's vehicle was leaving is going to be a toughy.

Having seen now how easily a predator could have sat out in the parking lot and observed what was going on in the front lobby, it makes it much easier for me to buy into the possibility that this was a stranger abduction. I don't think this was planned though, just a spur of the moment snatch-and-grab by a sick and twisted up individual.

All very plausible, for sure. Though I do wonder if it's someone aware of this weekly gathering. And just waited for the right opportunity. In one of the articles, a family member said they stick to a routine so it definitely sounds like it would be easy to know that kids are often playing in the lobby and whatnot.

As for people questioning a 10 year old being left alone in the lobby.....I don't think it's that's out of the ordinary. A 10 year old is NOT a 5 year old. You often let them have some independence at this age. So this is not strange to me. Nor is it something to judge the parents for, by any means. I am sure she is allowed to hang out in the lobby weekly with nothing sinister happening.

Someone walked out with that little girl,
Or she walked out alone.
Has to be someone she knows or she would scream.
Hope She is found safe.

Ok, so, I think from what I have read is the mother and child came out of those glass doors after the prayer meeting and into this lobby where the child is playing with a little cousin and the mother is talking to fellow worshipers. The little cousin has to leave with her dad, the childs uncle, she gives the cousins kisses and displays that she doesn't want the cousin to leave, but they do. The child is sitting in one of these chairs as the mother wraps up visiting and poof she is gone. This does not seem possible. This is a small, small area they were all gathered in. Pretty brazen for someone (stranger) to open the door to the church with adults standing around visiting and snatch a 10 yr old. There is obviously other information they are not sharing if the LE expects a stranger abduction.

Here's what I think is being reported:

The service was ending, and Kayla and the two year old went into the lobby while the adults remained in the sanctuary chatting. Kayla cousin's husband went into the lobby and picked up his waiting 2 year old who was there with Kayla, and took his child. A short time later -within 5 minutes - Kayla's mom was ready to leave and when she went into the lobby to find Kayla, Kayla was no longer there. And then they began their search and called Kayla's cousin's husband at that time and he was no longer at the church - but presumedly although not confirmed in any way, he had arrived at his home with his 2 year old.

It is very creepy
One minute she is there and then she isn't

It is difficult to tell from the way the story is being reported who actually saw her last.
At least it is confusing for me...
I am not sure if it was her cousin's husband or if it was her mom

Did Kayla attend the same service/meeting as her mother or was there a separate one for the children (I think I read something about that yesterday)

Hey Dushi!

I'm not so sure the kids had a meeting I thought it was for the adults and the 2 kids waited in the lobby I have not read about any other children attending have u?

BBM.
I don't recall reading that Kayla didn't want her cousin to leave. Even though the cousin reported seeing her in the lobby, I wonder if Kayla could have quietly gotten into the car when the cousins back was turned? What kind of vehicle do they drive? If it is a big SUV or a Van a small child could hide easily in the dark vehicle. Then when she got to their house she could hide again because she is afraid of getting in trouble. But, it's been a couple days now...I'm guessing they have searched the cousin's car/garage/house fairly well. I hope so. It is just so strange nobody noticed anyone out of place and no one saw Kayla go outside.

BBM.
I don't recall reading that Kayla didn't want her cousin to leave. Even though the cousin reported seeing her in the lobby, I wonder if Kayla could have quietly gotten into the car when the cousins back was turned? What kind of vehicle do they drive? If it is a big SUV or a Van a small child could hide easily in the dark vehicle. Then when she got to their house she could hide again because she is afraid of getting in trouble. But, it's been a couple days now...I'm guessing they have searched the cousin's car/garage/house fairly well. I hope so. It is just so strange nobody noticed anyone out of place and no one saw Kayla go outside.
They should search all cars
What if she went out to wait in the car and got into a different car

Hey Dushi!

I'm not so sure the kids had a meeting I thought it was for the adults and the 2 kids waited in the lobby I have not read about any other children attending have u?

good to see you Eileen

I am not sure . I will look at some of the reports
I thought I had read something about the kids being separate but I could have misread
I can't imagine there were only two kids attending, but maybe as it was an evening meeting

Would they have an attendance record of who was at the church that night for the police to interview people? Or is it like a Catholic Church service where anybody could walk in and leave with no record of them being their? I can't believe there was no security cameras covering all the exits and car park.

Family members say Kayla was attending a prayer service at the church. Around 7:45, when the prayer service was finished Kayla went to sit in the lobby. Family members say her mom was talking with people for a a few minutes and when they turned around, Kayla wasn't there.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/texas/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-girl-near-tyler/346111282

Before her disappearance, family members say Kayla had a routine day. She went to class at Jack Elementary in Tyler, where she is a fourth-grade student. After class, she went to Gresham Heights Day Care. She was picked up by her mom.

The pair ate dinner at home and at 7 p.m., they headed to Bullard First Assembly for a prayer service, something Kayla's brother says they do every Tuesday.

http://www.kltv.com/story/33587146/police-searching-for-missing-10-year-old-girl

It seems she did attend with her mom
I was confused about that

Ok, this is why I am confused

Post #58. I can not open the link

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Amb...399612151.html

"Gomez' brother told NBC 5 the kids often attend a special service and meet up with their families afterward. The family waited for Gomez in the church lobby, but she didn't return."

NBC News reported that there is now a $13,000 Crimestoppers reward for anyone who has information on the disappearance of Gomez-Orozco. The brother of Gomez-Orozco said that children attending their church usually have a special service then meet up with their families after. Gomez-Orozco is described as 4 feet tall and weighs 90 pounds. She has long black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black shirt and a peach skirt.

http://www.parentherald.com/article...r-attending-prayer-services-at-her-church.htm

A very likely scenario, although I also think it's possible this was not a spur of the moment decision. It could be someone who drove by the church regularly on Tuesday nights and saw children through the window, or even someone who goes to the church and maybe even usually in attendance at the meetings. As you said, it would be super easy to poke your head in, motion her over to the door and then just grab her. In this scenario, Kayla would not have had to go outside "on her own" (since it's been said she was afraid of the dark).

I agree that it may be a stalker who knew children would be present at certain times of the week. What leads me to think this was a spontaneous event is simply due to this so-called stalker having never been noticed or observed by other church goers literally staking the place out. Strange cars in the parking lot with strange people sitting in them would most likely be noticed by the adults who normally park there. If this person had a habit of staking the place out, it seems reasonable to assume that someone at the church might have already been alerted to "the weirdo sitting out in the parking lot".

Of course, that brings us back full circle as well. The person watching the kids play through the windows may not have been out of place there at all. It may end up being someone who is well known by the church members. When this person opened the door and motioned for Kayla to come over to them, she may have recognized this person from previous contact.

LE is going to have to start organizing search parties to canvas the surrounding countryside. Whoever nabbed her, most likely didn't take her home with them. Whichever direction leads to the most isolation is the direction they need to start searching first. Logic dictates that this abductor would have headed away from the inhabited areas in lieu of towards them. She's old enough to have screamed or tried to get out of the car if she had the chance. Here we go again, trying to find a needle in a haystack full of needles.

NBC News reported that there is now a $13,000 Crimestoppers reward for anyone who has information on the disappearance of Gomez-Orozco. The brother of Gomez-Orozco said that children attending their church usually have a special service then meet up with their families after. Gomez-Orozco is described as 4 feet tall and weighs 90 pounds. She has long black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black shirt and a peach skirt.

http://www.parentherald.com/article...r-attending-prayer-services-at-her-church.htm

Ok so if they have a special service ,who is in charge of this service..
And wouldn't this person remain with the children till they were with the parents..

I agree that it may be a stalker who knew children would be present at certain times of the week. What leads me to think this was a spontaneous event is simply due to this so-called stalker having never been noticed or observed by other church goers literally staking the place out. Strange cars in the parking lot with strange people sitting in them would most likely be noticed by the adults who normally park there. If this person had a habit of staking the place out, it seems reasonable to assume that someone at the church might have already been alerted to "the weirdo sitting out in the parking lot".

Of course, that brings us back full circle as well. The person watching the kids play through the windows may not have been out of place there at all. It may end up being someone who is well known by the church members. When this person opened the door and motioned for Kayla to come over to them, she may have recognized this person from previous contact.

LE is going to have to start organizing search parties to canvas the surrounding countryside. Whoever nabbed her, most likely didn't take her home with them. Whichever direction leads to the most isolation is the direction they need to start searching first. Logic dictates that this abductor would have headed away from the inhabited areas in lieu of towards them. She's old enough to have screamed or tried to get out of the car if she had the chance. Here we go again, trying to find a needle in a haystack full of needles.

I agree with that, but then I think of Carlie Brucia - even an eyewitness paying close attention to her abduction wouldn't have been able to discern this was a random stranger abduction of an unwilling child.

But her family could see her, then Kayla could see her family.
Why would she leave willingly with someone else?

Didn't they initially use search dogs? If not, why not? If so, nothing's been reported about whether the dogs picked up and were able to follow her scent to a specific point. I didn't notice the Alert academy with any dogs. They need to bring in Texas Equusearch , it's been too long already. Do I sound frustrated? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025