Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it was the baby cousins father. So if it is cousin would be second cousin, if not uncle, either way, I don't believe many of us are surprised, but shocked indeed.

Do you have a link saying who has been arrested? Thanks. I haven't seen anything but "the uncle" and we don't know exactly to whom they are referring at this point.

Do you have a link saying who has been arrested? Thanks. I haven't seen anything but "the uncle" and we don't know exactly to whom they are referring at this point.

Unless it's happened in the last five minutes, there's no official info. I believe local LE said earlier there wouldn't be anything else tonight.

Unless it's happened in the last five minutes, there's no official info. I believe local LE said earlier there wouldn't be anything else tonight.

Thanks. That was my point...that we don't know who has been arrested yet so speculating can be hurtful.

Thanks, I read that too. But the pictures on Twitter don't look like an abandoned home. I haven't done a county property search yet, that might tell us something.

I did a property search on the bigger house and it came back to an elderly couple. Idk if means anything but it wasn't a Hispanic name.

If I am looking at the right house, the mailing address for the owners is out of state. So maybe it's a rental property or something.

I can't believe this. I'm speechless. 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏
RIP Kayla. Rest in heaven baby girl.

All I know, is that on the local tv station, they stated that she was found in a well. And that the Uncle was responsible. No other information will come out until tomorrow. I'm still crying. :cry:

All I know, is that on the local tv station, they stated that she was found in a well. And that the Uncle was responsible. No other information will come out until tomorrow. I'm still crying. :cry:

I believe local "news" was desperate enough to get SOMETHING out tonight that they repeated the local rumors or things they were told off the record. That's why they don't have:

1) The name of their law enforcement source who allegedly "confirmed" it was the "uncle".

2) The name of the person arrested.

It's possible all the rumors are correct. If so, don't know why LE didn't release the info. Maybe it'll turn out to be more complicated.

Please stop sleuthing family members until we get confirmation of a name from LE.

The name given in the article where the aunt was interviewed wrongly assumed that the husband and wife had the same last names. They don't, so trying to figure out who the uncle is is futile and unfair to the family until correct information is released.

To help give a better visual of the location where she was found:

Just before dark, police surrounded the home and blocked off its entrance. The house sits about 4 miles from where Kayla disappeared at Bullard First Assembly Church on U.S. Highway 69.

As daylight faded, a large trailer with a towering and bright light was placed behind a shotgun home resting atop cinderblocks. The house was in the middle of a row of three with a dirt driveway connecting the trio. The bright light was visible from the front of the house as flashlights from police circled in the distance.

Law enforcement also checked what appeared to be a water well to the side of the home, but did not confirm if she was found there.

A Tyler Fire Department trailer was brought into the scene before 8 p.m. as officials from Cherokee and Smith County Sheriff’s Office maintained a crime scene border around the group of homes.

Around 9 p.m., an EMS ambulance was allowed to pull up next to the home and left shortly after with darkened windows.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+L...-remains-of-kayla-gomezorozco-have-been-found

Thanks, friend. Most of the volunteers I spoke to, including one very nice woman who had lost a child due to drowning at 2years old, just wanted to bring her home. We've done just that and now there will be a heaping dish of Texas justice served up to the who hurt this little one.

Thank you again Samaritan, and all others who helped to bring Kayla home.

Have we even heard directly from LE that a relative is in custody? Or has it just been stated in news articles as "sources say" or whatever?

Have we even heard directly from LE that a relative is in custody? Or has it just been stated in news articles as "sources say" or whatever?

Good point. No, we have not heard directly from a named LEO that a relative is in custody. The article I saw said something like "law enforcement officials say"...
That is not an official statement from LE, at least not in my opinion. It could be something overheard at the search site, but not spoken directly to a reporter.

ETA: This article says...

Sources also confirmed tonight that an uncle is being questioned in the case.

http://www.khou.com/news/search-ends-for-missing-10-year-old-kayla-gomez-orozco/348700237

This article says..

Law enforcement officials also say the uncle is responsible.

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/breaking-news/body-of-kayla-gomez-has-been-found

So far I have not found an MSM article saying that anyone has been arrested. Still looking.

No this is all they have officially said from everything I have read:

"The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office announced that remains had been found and that they could “possibly belong to Kayla Gomez-Orozco.”

It is very important that we don't sleuth or post the suspects name before it is announced by the police and in mainstream media as it could tarnish the reputation of an innocent man and websleuths could be sued.

Thanks. That's what I thought but then I wondered if I maybe missed a link or something. It's been hard to keep up with this thread and the Kala Brown one as well. I am going to bed now and will likely never catch up with all of the posts tomorrow. But I will continue to think of Kayla and her family and pray for them. So heartbreaking.

NBCDFW @nbcdfw . 2h Body of missing girl, 10 y/o Kayla Gomez, found in ETX well Saturday; @KETK reports uncle involved on.nbcdfw.com/Hs1Lwow #BringKaylaHome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, friend. Most of the volunteers I spoke to, including one very nice woman who had lost a child due to drowning at 2years old, just wanted to bring her home. We've done just that and now there will be a heaping dish of Texas justice served up to the who hurt this little one.

Thank you again, Samaritan. As you say Texas justice will be served. God Bless this dear family. :tears:

The news reporting in this case is so odd. No presser and no actual LE sources named. Vague info coming via tweet only, or in the tweet upthread, via a part-time meteorologist? I don't doubt the rumors will turn out to be fairly accurate, but LE should release an actual statement before someone ends up getting hurt.

I understand your concerns, but I think it might be having to do with LE getting all their ducks in a row. So to speak.

I take it this is a very small town? The local news coverage seems very amateurish (not naming actual sources or suspects properly), and the news and govt websites can't handle the traffic.

This encompasses much more than a small town. Not only the FBI, But I would never, ever, ever call the Texas Rangers amateurish. You might consider googling the Texas Rangers.

This encompasses much more than a small town. Not only the FBI, But I would never, ever, ever call the Texas Rangers amateurish. You might consider googling the Texas Rangers.

I think she's talking about the reporting being sort of amateur, not LE. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!