Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The increased reward must have made somebody talk!

I agree. It's a shame that the reward for little Deorr Kunz was rejected by his so called "parents". I wonder why. :(

I think she's talking about the reporting being sort of amateur, not LE. :)

I was just going to say, the reporter in the linked newscast, tripped over his tongue at the end. Not bashing, this is very difficult subject matter.

NOOOOO! Bless her heart and her parents/family.

I think she's talking about the reporting being sort of amateur, not LE. :)

Maybe so, but that's not how I took it. JMO I do respect your opinion though, Lilibet. :)

<modsnip> What I want to know is WHY was that house not searched FIRST. Why did LE not descend on that house and search every freaking square inch IMMEDIATELY?
Why did LE insist on not using the word "kidnapped" They did the same with Sierah. People LOOK when its announced that someone has been kidnapped. I am SO SICK of police/LE doing that! I'm so sick of them keeping stuff from the public.

<modsnip> What I want to know is WHY was that house not searched FIRST. Why did LE not descend on that house and search every freaking square inch IMMEDIATELY?
Why did LE insist on not using the word "kidnapped" They did the same with Sierah. People LOOK when its announced that someone has been kidnapped. I am SO SICK of police/LE doing that! I'm so sick of them keeping stuff from the public.

I think she was found at an abandoned house. It was not at a family members home.<modsnip>

I think she was found at an abandoned house. It was not at a family members home. <modsnip>

She was found in a well, so I'm assuming it was at this abandoned house. Idk, I guess the details are still to be revealed. Whatever they are, it's indescribable, and unthinkable.

I understand the frustration (I've followed Sierah's case from day one). However, it wasn't clear from the onset that Kayla was kidnapped (it was clear for Sierah). Yes, the family stated Kayla wouldn't wander off without permission and they were likely correct. Unfortunately LE needs more information. Her info was released as missing/endangered which was probably the best they could do with the info available at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. Heartbreakingly so at times.

I understand the frustration (I've followed Sierah's case from day one). However, it wasn't clear from the onset that Kayla was kidnapped (it was clear for Sierah). Yes, the family stated Kayla wouldn't wander off without permission and they were likely correct. Unfortunately LE needs more information. Her info was released as missing/endangered which was probably the best they could do with the info available at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. Heartbreakingly so at times.

This "hindsight" just isn't cutting it anymore. I personally came on websleuths and said that Ce had been kidnapped/abducted because we KNEW she had..there were people out looking...I was personally called and told to take down the word "abducted" and change it to "missing". It is Bull....Ce was in a small, rural community and Josh got the word out ASAP and people didn't back down out there...they went out and looked whether LE said to or not. LE didn't call Ce abducted for at least 24 hours which was crap. James Dean Worley was found because of the public. It wasn't LE that "found him", it was Ce's neighbors and friends calling LE when she went missing and saying.."Go check this guy out. He's weird and creepy and stalkerish" that led LE to Worley. It was to late unfortunately. It's like Foxfire says...LE are still refusing to use their greatest resource, which is the public, and I'm sick of reading about "the missing" always becoming "the dead". They have been TAKEN. What did they think happened to a 10 year old that was in the lobby one minute and gone the next? We've seen pics of the church. If she wasn't there..SOMEBODY TOOK HER. She didn't wander out the front door onto the highway and start hitching for a ride. They found her missing quickly enough that if she just ran away from the church they would have found her almost immediately because she couldn't have gotten to far from the church in that short window of time. SOMEBODY ToOK HER. I am so frustrated and heartbroken tonight. Venting!

I'm really surprised to see she was found deceased. I really had hope she was found safe and well...
Now I guess we will have to wait for details tomorrow according to a CBS affiliate website.

Maybe so, but that's not how I took it. JMO I do respect your opinion though, Lilibet. :)

She said "the local news coverage seems amateurish"
Nowhere did she say the LE did. Seems clear enough to me what she meant.

I take it this is a very small town? The local news coverage seems very amateurish (not naming actual sources or suspects properly), and the news and govt websites can't handle the traffic.

They issued an Amber Alert immediately, that only happens in abductions.
They had the FBI and CARD on the scene in what, 2 hours?
It's not like other cases where they said she may have wandered off.
They immediately jumped on it. They immediately called in all possible resources instead of trying to handle it themselves.
I think they did a pretty phenomenal job actually.

How heartbreaking and horrendous for Kayla's family. And another precious soul gone far too soon.
What a wonderful job LE and all the searchers etc. have done to find little Kayla. In these missing child cases the first 24-48 hours are critical, and at least her family now know what happened to little Kayla :( Not the outcome anyone wanted that's for sure.
It is also good that LE have the perp. and he will never be able to harm another child, and if he is a family member that would be extra shocking also to Kayla's family. So i hope they are surrounded with much love and support at such a horribly difficult time.
Rest In Heaven now Kayla, no one will ever hurt you again,:rose:

This "hindsight" just isn't cutting it anymore. I personally came on websleuths and said that Ce had been kidnapped/abducted because we KNEW she had..there were people out looking...I was personally called and told to take down the word "abducted" and change it to "missing". It is Bull....Ce was in a small, rural community and Josh got the word out ASAP and people didn't back down out there...they went out and looked whether LE said to or not. LE didn't call Ce abducted for at least 24 hours which was crap. James Dean Worley was found because of the public. It wasn't LE that "found him", it was Ce's neighbors and friends calling LE when she went missing and saying.."Go check this guy out. He's weird and creepy and stalkerish" that led LE to Worley. It was to late unfortunately. It's like Foxfire says...LE are still refusing to use their greatest resource, which is the public, and I'm sick of reading about "the missing" always becoming "the dead". They have been TAKEN. What did they think happened to a 10 year old that was in the lobby one minute and gone the next? We've seen pics of the church. If she wasn't there..SOMEBODY TOOK HER. She didn't wander out the front door onto the highway and start hitching for a ride. They found her missing quickly enough that if she just ran away from the church they would have found her almost immediately because she couldn't have gotten to far from the church in that short window of time. SOMEBODY ToOK HER. I am so frustrated and heartbroken tonight. Venting!

You're preaching to the choir. Unfortunately I've seen many cases where the missing (who was described as 'would *never* wander away without a word to the family') showed up later, having left on their own volition. Likewise, I've seen many genuine missing person cases. It's a tough line for LE to straddle. Not defending them, but not throwing them under the bus, either. Most LE jurisdictions have protocols to follow. We may not agree with them. Missing/endangered with an amber alert tells me LE tried their best to find Kayla. LE, IMO, are not the bad guys here. The killer is.

Been on this thread for the last hour not being able to post. I still have nothing decent to say. I am just heartbroken for Kayla and her family.

Rest in Peace, Kayla. :candle:

The uncle (who was interviewed) is not the uncle that was arrested. If you go to his facebook, he confirms with a post and picture that it was the cousin's husband who was arrested.

Here's an article. It tells you who the last person seen with her was....and that's the person they arrested and that's who the uncle says it was.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+Local/255530/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-bullard-girl
Ms. Zavala said she was not at the church that evening, but her daughter and husband, Gustavo, attended the service and were possibly the last people to see Kayla before she disappeared.

Ms. Zavala's husband told her, &#8220;Kayla bent down to hug (my daughter) and said, I&#8217;ll see you Friday. My husband buckled her up, and said, &#8216;We&#8217;re leaving.&#8217; (Kayla) didn&#8217;t come outside. She is scared of the dark. She stayed in the lobby area.&#8221;

By the time Gustavo Zavala made it home, an estimated five-minute drive, family was calling asking if Kayla rode with him, because they couldn&#8217;t find her, Ms. Zavala said.

I'm reading it differently?

EDIT. Sorry, I thought the uncle to have last seen her was interviewed. I'm on track now...

Kayla's cousin, Ester Zavala, said after the service was over, between 7:30 and 7:40 p.m., Kayla was in the foyer of the church with Ms. Zavala&#8217;s 2-year-old daughter. Family members said it's common for kids to play in the foyer during the service.

Ms. Zavala said she was not at the church that evening, but her daughter and husband, Gustavo, attended the service and were possibly the last people to see Kayla before she disappeared.

Ms. Zavala's husband told her, &#8220;Kayla bent down to hug (my daughter) and said, I&#8217;ll see you Friday. My husband buckled her up, and said, &#8216;We&#8217;re leaving.&#8217; (Kayla) didn&#8217;t come outside. She is scared of the dark. She stayed in the lobby area.&#8221;

By the time Gustavo Zavala made it home, an estimated five-minute drive, family was calling asking if Kayla rode with him, because they couldn&#8217;t find her, Ms. Zavala said.

&#8220;She wouldn&#8217;t have gone outside, especially not by herself," Ms. Zavala said. &#8220;If she would have screamed, they would have heard her in the sanctuary. If she would have been laughing or crying, they would have heard her.&#8221;

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Breaki...eet-up-for-press-conference-for-missing-child

Family members say Gomez-Orozco went to the Bullard First Assembly church with her mother. Prayer service had just ended and Gomez-Orozco was sitting in the lobby for a few minutes. First with a girl, but after she left, Gomez-Orozco was alone.

Gomez-Orozco&#8217;s uncle, Isaias Garcia, told us what happened next, "It was five to ten minutes that the mom and the church members were talking and when they turned around to check, she wasn't sitting there anymore," says Garcia.

Garcia says those there searched everywhere they could before calling police.

"We can't believe that they could take a girl from a church.

Garcia says they are now hoping for the best.

"We're thinking that something could happen, that it could end in a drastic way and God willing that won't happen,&#8221; says Garcia.
http://www.kltv.com/story/33616302/family-of-missing-east-texas-girl-shes-everything-we-have

First quote: Story told by Uncle #1.

Second quote: Interview with Uncle #2

One of these guys is the culprit. I'll go with #1 since he was the first one to leave the scene and wasn't around when she was discovered missing.

Thank You to all the locals who searched. We were at a Wedding yesterday and I am devastated to read of this. Absolutely heartbreaking. RIP Kayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!