Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF he's our guy, he obviously took advantage of the fact that she was left unattended and no other adults were around. This would be a perfect example of a "crime of opportunity".

Agreed.
Just so very sad

I think whomever did it had more than 5 minutes. Remember when they said at the presser on Friday? "She was last seen between 7 & 8 pm"? Something changed, that put the Uncles 'story' out the window

They may have had 1+ hours

Kayla’s remains were discovered Saturday night in a well off Old Jacksonville Highway in Tyler, KETK reports.

To make matters worse, law enforcement says her own uncle is responsible. The uncle has not been identified, and it’s unclear exactly how Kayla died.

A press conference is expected to be held Sunday. A time has not been announced.

http://cw33.com/2016/11/06/report-10-year-old-kayla-gomez-found-dead/

KLTV reported that the remains of Kayla Gomez-Orozco were found at a home in Bullard about four miles away from the church where she was last seen.

Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell said authorities received a tip at around 6 p.m. local time Saturday that led them to the home where the body was found.

No arrests have been made in the case. Campbell said more details would be revealed at a press conference Sunday.

KHOU reported late Saturday that one of Kayla's uncles was being questioned in the case.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/0...exas-girl-believed-found-authorities-say.html

Somebody saw something...............

I'm wondering if the lack of an arrest or specific names from LE might imply the case isn't as cut and dried as people are assuming. I'm sort of leaning towards more than one person being involved; maybe someone covered for someone else.

(When I say "not as cut and dried" I don't mean she wasn't murdered. I just mean it might be more complicated than "one person grabbed her and killed her, and this is where he did it, and this is where he hid her body".)

I just can't think of anything else that would preclude an arrest, unless they're actually having a difficult time tying him to anything via physical evidence, and he's not actually confessing.

(O/T, that house reminds me of where AJ Hadsell was found.)

My guess is maybe the perp knew the house was abandoned bc he did some work there at one time? Or he knew the folks who lived there at one time, maybe family? Maybe even the perp rented it himself? Whatever the case, he would have to have intimate knowledge of the location to know about the well, I think...Just wondering...maybe he's a plumber or does landscaping...

in AJ's case, GPS in a work van put her stepfather at that location...thanks to whoever submitted the "tip" so Kayla can come home and her mother and family don't have to wonder for the rest of their lives.

Do we have any photos from the searches? And vigils? The uncle is probably in them...once he is identified I'd like to check this. I want to see his face/demeanor at those places.

Of course with news that her uncle has been arrested, one can not help but think maybe she was being abused before this. Like Diana Alvarez likely was.

Is it considered MSM if VineLink has one of the uncles listed in jail in Tyler?

Are you sure you're not looking at a record from 2014?

Edit: I agree it looks like current custody but there is little detail. If you're talking about the 24 yo.

Hmm. Good point. I know from previous experience Vine Link is current and up to date. But no, I cannot guarantee it is.

(I edited my post but I don't have enough "behind the scenes" info to know if the vital stats match up. I also don't know where Tyler is in relation to the crime. So disqualifying myself from having an opinion on VineLink. :) )

(I edited my post but I don't have enough "behind the scenes" info to know if the vital stats match up. I also don't know where Tyler is in relation to the crime. So disqualifying myself from having an opinion on VineLink. :) )

Tyler is the county seat and nearest town of any size.

Bullard is actually considered to be in Smith Co. and Cherokee County, and is 15 miles from Tyler.

Pretty sure you have it right. Last name is hyphenated. (Both last names we've seen.)

JMO, IF it's the relative that last saw Kayla:

I can envision a scenario:
Uncle/cousin offers Kayla ride home. Stops by his house to drop of baby. Tells Kayla, wait here in car a minute whilr I bring baby cousin inside. Drops baby, makes excuse to leave again (store?), Gets back in car. brings Kayla to abandoned house. Commits crime. Goes to store. Returns home.

This way wife confirms his church leaving alibi. Didn't he bring baby home 5 minutes after leaving? Couldn't be him. Etc etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When you saw the news last night and the shots of where she was found, it looked like an unfinished building stuck in the middle of nowhere. But the news I just saw shows a large house on the property also, not that far from the unfinished building. This is the abandoned house? It doesn't seem abandoned to me because you can see outdoor furniture on the porch. It certainly gives a better viewpoint of where she was found. The unfinished bldg they were showing last night is literally just off the driveway to the house.
[video]http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/breaking-news/body-of-kayla-gomez-has-been-found[/video]

Yes. That was the way I was also reading it. Normally it would take him 5 minutes to get home. Not that he made it home in 5 minutes that day.

I have a terrible feeling (I hope I'm wrong) that this was a sexual crime first.

Poor angel.

Sadly, I'd say that is the case most of the time. Sickening.

That is the cousin's husband, I believe.

You can also search the Smith County jail records. Says he was booked on 11/6/2016 (today.) Charge is unrelated to Kayla (immigration hold) but I suppose right now they could be booking him on whatever they can to hold him? Otherwise, I think it may be a bit too coincidental that he'd be picked up/booked right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery