GUILTY TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh, warrant details make me sad.

Her blood or his blood or both?

17 minutes just doesn't seem like that much time to do the vehicle swapping (not to mention moving Kayla and possibly his own child each time!) and hiding Kayla in the well. Is it possible she was injured at the church or something happened at the church to cause the need to hide/kill her? The search warrant details make me think she wasn't found clothed...

I agree, so little time. My brain always makes me think in these cases there's a sexual assault but with so little time I can't see that here so is he just a sick and just wanted to kill her or was this an horrible accident that he tried to cover because he's an illegal immigrant. Irregardless it's so sad and I pray for Kayla and her family.

I agree, so little time. My brain always makes me think in these cases there's a sexual assault but with so little time I can't see that here so is he just a sick and just wanted to kill her or was this an horrible accident that he tried to cover because he's an illegal immigrant. Irregardless it's so sad and I pray for Kayla and her family.

It's possible a sexual assault happened previously and she was going to tell her parents that night so he quickly killed her.

:furious:

I think there is a time and place for a discussion on illegal immigration. But I don't know if little Kayla's thread is the suitable place for a debate. It would just end in arguments and detract from Kayla.

Kayla was murdered by an illegal immigrant, so I'm not sure how it can be kept out of the discussion. If this particular cruel, child murdering, psycho illegal immigrant hadn't been here, if he had been deported as he should have been, prevented from re-entering the country and had not been given freedom to walk among us, then Kayla would still be a happy and alive little girl. Then we wouldn't have this thread for her and wouldn't be discussing it at all. Unfortunately it is what it is, a very sad and tragic reality. jmo

He told investigators that "he was in the house a few minutes when his wife ... received a phone call from the mother of the missing child."

Investigators later interviewed Zavala-Garcia's wife who told them that he walked into the house after she had taken a call about the missing child.

"Based on the time frame given by suspected party and (wife), there is an approximate 30-minute discrepancy," the document states.

http://www.kltv.com/story/33657748/...o-case-took-polygraph-test?clienttype=generic

He's stupid. Lied to the police about being in the house when his wife received the phone call asking about Kayla. :puke:

Motive? I'm sure LE has a pretty good idea after the autopsy and if Kayla was sexually assaulted. I follow the Iowa cousins' case, Lyric Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins. Their killer has yet to be caught. I did learn from their case that often times these crimes are committed when the perp has some kind of major stress in their life. For example, being fired from their job, etc. I wonder if Gustavo's case in the ICE arrest was having some movement and he feared being deported? Or, maybe he was going to be fired - although I wonder if he is related to his employer? Maybe the election set him off? At this point, it does not matter to me. I am just eternally grateful that LE caught him and that Kayla was found.

Lizzy and Lyric's case is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sdale-13-July-2012-37&p=12870089#post12870089

Ugh, warrant details make me sad.

Her blood or his blood or both?

17 minutes just doesn't seem like that much time to do the vehicle swapping (not to mention moving Kayla and possibly his own child each time!) and hiding Kayla in the well. Is it possible she was injured at the church or something happened at the church to cause the need to hide/kill her? The search warrant details make me think she wasn't found clothed...

IIRC, and as I understand it, but please correct me if I'm wrong, the 17 minutes is a "time discrepancy" between the killer's statements and his wife's. But I am confused as to how much time he actually had.

Different article - says several vehicles.

The warrant also details interviews with members of the church. One member told officials Zavala watched his own 3-year-old daughter, another boy, and Gomez-Orozco in the playroom at the church.

http://www.cbs19.tv/news/local/search-warrants-released-in-kayla-gomez-orozco-case/352960775

Maybe the killer attempted inappropriate behavior that evening in the playroom and Kayla resisted and made him scared/angry. This crime doesn't appear to be thought out very well. IMO Kayla would not be intimidated and he was afraid she was going to expose him.

Maybe the killer attempted inappropriate behavior that evening in the playroom and Kayla resisted and made him scared/angry. This crime doesn't appear to be thought out very well. IMO Kayla would not be intimidated and he was afraid she was going to expose him.

Yes, I can see this happening. She could have outright told him she was going to tell her parents. He panicked.

Where I work we often have groups of kids come in and take tours. Just now I walked past a little girl who resembled Kayla in looks and what I imagine to be size. It broke my heart into a million pieces. No matter if you believe in Heaven or not, sweet Kayla is at peace and I wish comfort for her family and friends. ❤️

Sexual assault doesn't take long. It could have happened and been over in a few short minutes. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

KLTV, when listing some of the items found, leaves out Kayla's maroon panties, but CBS19 mentions them and in the video shows the list from afar. http://www.cbs19.tv/news/local/search-warrants-released-in-kayla-gomez-orozco-case/352960775

Here is a map I made showing the location of the church (Hwy 69), where the killer lived (FM 2493), and his place of employment (CR 152 W). He lived less than 5 miles from the church. His work was about a mile from where he lived.

Map of Church Work Home.JPG

This is hard to piece together because little snipets of information were released but just tiny snipets. So what seems to be an accurate timeline is that according to a person who saw them at church in the foyer, he left with her at about 7:25 to 7:30. This is also verified by a camera at the church. Then at about 8:00 or so, Kayla's parents call. At 8:12 a security camera at a local convenience store captures Garcia and his wife in a company vehicle.

So I think that after he left church, he took her to his work, took her out of the black truck and placed her in a company truck where he tries to sexually assault her. She apparently fought based on the scratches and being hot-tempered, I think he flew into a rage and killed her. Then he took her back to his house and dropped her into a well. Not clear if she was still alive or not. When you look at the video you can see there was quite a bit of blood. As close as he lived to the church and his work site, he had time to assault her and dispose of her. The seventeen minutes is not the total time from leaving the church to the parents calling,if my understanding is correct, but the length of time that was unaccounted for in his story and his wife's story.

Also, her dress was still on, but her panties had been removed and were at his house. Possibly after he had either killed or subdued her, he got what he was after when she could no longer fight him.

Google shot of the relatively isolate shop of his employer.

Zavalla Pools.jpg

KLTV, when listing some of the items found, leaves out Kayla's maroon panties, but CBS19 mentions them and in the video shows the list from afar. http://www.cbs19.tv/news/local/search-warrants-released-in-kayla-gomez-orozco-case/352960775

Here is a map I made showing the location of the church (Hwy 69), where the killer lived (FM 2493), and his place of employment (CR 152 W). He lived less than 5 miles from the church. His work was about a mile from where he lived.

View attachment 104777

This is hard to piece together because little snipets of information were released but just tiny snipets. So what seems to be an accurate timeline is that according to a person who saw them at church in the foyer, he left with her at about 7:25 to 7:30. This is also verified by a camera at the church. Then at about 8:00 or so, Kayla's parents call. At 8:12 a security camera at a local convenience store captures Garcia and his wife in a company vehicle.

So I think that after he left church, he took her to his work, took her out of the black truck and placed her in a company truck where he tries to sexually assault her. She apparently fought based on the scratches and being hot-tempered, I think he flew into a rage and killed her. Then he took her back to his house and dropped her into a well. Not clear if she was still alive or not. When you look at the video you can see there was quite a bit of blood. As close as he lived to the church and his work site, he had time to assault her and dispose of her. The seventeen minutes is not the total time from leaving the church to the parents calling,if my understanding is correct, but the length of time that was unaccounted for in his story and his wife's story.

Also, her dress was still on, but her panties had been removed and were at his house. Possibly after he had either killed or subdued her, he got what he was after when she could no longer fight him.

Where did you read about her dress? I scanned the search warrants and it looked like her underwear and shoes were found with her in the well, and her necklace found in a burn pile. Can you point me towards the page about her clothing?
http://www.tylerpaper.com/uploads/Search Warrants.pdf

Where did you read about her dress? I scanned the search warrants and it looked like her underwear and shoes were found with her in the well, and her necklace found in a burn pile. Can you point me towards the page about her clothing?
http://www.tylerpaper.com/uploads/Search Warrants.pdf

The fourth page from the bottom in the search warrant states "a child's body with similar colored clothing". Not specific, but IIRC she was wearing a t-shirt and a skirt. :(

Poor baby, she fought with everything she had :( So heartbreaking reading that search warrant with evidence obtained.

RSBM

Per the search warrant the maroon panties were located in the well, as were her black sequined shoes. We don't know if that means she had them on, or if they had been removed and put in the well with her. Also she wasn't wearing a dress, she was wearing a peach coloured skirt and a black 'racquet & jog' t-shirt.

If she had the skirt and tshirt on it would have been listed as evidence, like the panties and shoes, would it not?

http://www.tylerpaper.com/uploads/Search%20Warrants.pdf

I still think motive was SA and I agree I think he went to his work place, did the deed or attempted to, before putting her in the well.

At this point I'm not so sure because I have what was stated at the last presser stuck in my mind. That they believe she died later that night, or early the next morning. I do think when he put her in the well, she was still alive :(

RSBM

Per the search warrant the maroon panties were located in the well, as were her black sequined shoes. We don't know if that means she had them on, or if they had been removed and put in the well with her. Also she wasn't wearing a dress, she was wearing a peach coloured skirt and a black 'racquet & jog' t-shirt.

If she had the skirt and tshirt on it would have been listed as evidence, like the panties and shoes, would it not?

http://www.tylerpaper.com/uploads/Search%20Warrants.pdf

I still think motive was SA and I agree I think he went to his work place, did the deed or attempted to, before putting her in the well.

At this point I'm not so sure because I have what was stated at the last presser stuck in my mind. That they believe she died later that night, or early the next morning. I do think when he put her in the well, she was still alive :(

I need to go back and find some of the original news articles, but one had said she was wearing the same clothing that she was last seen in at church when they pulled her from the well. You are correct that it was not a dress but a skirt and shirt. I wasn't being specific enough there.

I think that she might have still been alive when she was put in the well because I read that he also had some duct tape. I am thinking...I hope it is not true...that quite likely when she put up a fight, he put duct tape around her mouth to keep her quiet. From what many say about her, she sounds like a sweet little girl that he didn't anticipate fighting back so fiercely. I think he thought he would do this, and he would convince her to keep quiet. Didn't go according to plan so he killed her and hoped to get away with it somehow. The murder didn't seem well thought out.

It is bothering me the ratchet strap was found in the well and the buckle (ratchet end) for it was found on the outside of the well. I pray this is just my idiotic imagination, but I cannot help but wonder if he was going to suspend her in the well until later but the buckle (ratchet end) came off. (Yes, I read way too many horror novels and watch way to many horror shows.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back