Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends would have covered for me too... but maybe not with LE -- likely only with the parental adults... but cops would scare them into the truth. And I keep coming back to her mom finding the dog tied to a fence. If they were the kind of friends that cover for you, why do they leave the dog tied up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine mom coming out looking for her, were friends still at the park or had they left by that time? Mom finds them, questions them, obviously upset, which would upset the kids. They would want to cover for her so they make up a story. Then LE starts questioning them and naturally they are nervous because they've not been honest with her mom. That could be the reason for their inconsistencies. They are shocked and scared for Kaytlynn, and don't want to get in trouble themselves for covering for her and then lying. It's a snowball effect, it reads as guilt but is just fear of getting caught up in something that went terribly wrong. I'm sure they feel horrible now.

In one of the earlier links to Star-Telegram articles there is a neighbor that said they he had seen her before she went missing and he even pointed out where the dog was tied up - there is a photo of that in the article.

Yes! I saw this and jaded as I am I went on high alert. Sad isn't it?

My friends would have covered for me too... but maybe not with LE -- likely only with the parental adults... but cops would scare them into the truth. And I keep coming back to her mom finding the dog tied to a fence. If they were the kind of friends that cover for you, why do they leave the dog tied up?

Maybe they had to get home, and they figured she would be back soon to get the dog. If they were covering for her, they certainly wouldn't want to answer questions about why Kaytlynn wasn't with her dog.

I don't remember reading in any of the articles Kaytlynn tied her dog up. I understood it was reported when Kaytlynn did not return, the friends then tied it up.

I will give a disclaimer that I am VERY tired and cannot be certain I am even typing words.

I haven't heard she specifically tied up the dog only that the dog was found tied to a tree.

I agree. We have no idea what LE was really doing based on the few bits of info we are given. Sadly I also think that she was already gone before anyone really knew she was missing. Not like on TV. No one to save the day. Not at all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
You know, it was still quite early and very much daylight here in this part of Texas at the 6:20-8pm disappearance time, which is even scarier to realize the braveness of perps in broad daylight. Also, makes me lean more towards her having met someone she likely connected with online to disappear with Noone noticing it. Maybe the friends with different stories knew she was meeting a boy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

IDK, I'm just not getting a vibe that she's interested in this stuff yet. She seems very athletic and age appropriate. No I don't know her, just a gut feeling she's not a girly girl and maybe not boy crazy. Jmo, moo. I'm sure I'm wrong.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

At that age I was a cheerleader, ran track, was a gymnast, and played soccer. And had lots of boyfriends that my parents knew nothing about.

ETA: This was 28 years ago, and I was considered a late bloomer compared to most girls at my school who were already having sex by age 14. I'm not joking. And this was in a small rural town. Kids grow up much faster today, so nothing would surprise me. That said, if she was meeting someone I'm sure it was innocent enough on her part, and naive. No one expects things like this to happen.

You know, it was still quite early and very much daylight here in this part of Texas at the 6:20-8pm disappearance time, which is even scarier to realize the braveness of perps in broad daylight. Also, makes me lean more towards her having met someone she likely connected with online to disappear with Noone noticing it. Maybe the friends with different stories knew she was meeting a boy.

Yes! I was just having this same conversation with my dh. I truly believe she either went off with nefarious "friends/neighbors" or they were covering for her having gone off with someone she possibly met online. MOO

Her mom Trisha West told the Dallas Morning News that while searching for her daughter she found the pet tied to a fence at a nearby dog park.

“I went out looking for her after she didn’t come back for like 30 minutes,” West said.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/22/body-of-teen-who-went-missing-on-dog-walk-found-in-landfill/
Props to this mother. She really reported her missing very quickly compared to many stories we see and hear about. Just so heartbreaking for the outcome.

There's no way to be certain on what she was doing when she left her dog with her friends...I just hope that the police dig deeper into this case. There are a lot of details that remain a mystery, I just hope whoever committed this crime is thrown in jail.

:welcome:

I am hoping for an arrest announcement tomorrow. A girl can hope, right?

Her mom Trisha West told the Dallas Morning News that while searching for her daughter she found the pet tied to a fence at a nearby dog park.

“I went out looking for her after she didn’t come back for like 30 minutes,” West said.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/22/body-of-teen-who-went-missing-on-dog-walk-found-in-landfill/

That must have been an awful discovery. Looking for your daughter, and finding her dog but not her. Any mother knows their children wouldn't leave their pet unattended. This case is just breaking my heart.........I'm so sorry this happened to you Kaytlynn. :rose:

Remember when we could be outside all day, riding bikes, visiting kids in the neighborhood, play kick the can after dark? At least that's how I grew up in the 80's and 90's. My kids are on summer break now and they don't leave my yard. They aren't allowed at the neighbors houses. They don't go anywhere with "family friends". They aren't allowed near the road and if ANYONE comes near them, they run to get me.

Sickos have deprived children of freedom and innocence.
Amen. We have become prisoners in our homes.
My kids know only 4 people in this world that they can leave with. No one else. Any issues, just ask them to call the police. They are instructed to not leave or go anywhere with anyone but those 4 people.

I'm so sad and angry and just disappointed that she has been found dead.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

da00624037e320ae95ffafdce1542f84.jpg

I don't remember reading in any of the articles Kaytlynn tied her dog up. I understood it was reported when Kaytlynn did not return, the friends then tied it up.

I will give a disclaimer that I am VERY tired and cannot be certain I am even typing words.

Hmmm... You may be right. I can't seem to find anything that says WHO tied up the dog. The above missing poster says she asked her friends to watch the dog. An early news story says:
Kaytlynn's mother said her daughter went missing around 6:30 p.m. while walking the dog around the Oak Creek Apartments in Bedford.

"I went out looking for her after she didn't come back for like 30 minutes," Trisha West said Tuesday. She found the dog tied to a fence at the nearby dog park.

A friend of the teen told West that Cargill asked others to watch the dog for a minute but never returned.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/bed...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1497989540

So it's not clear if she tied the dog up or the friends did but either way it doesn't make sense to me that she left the dog with friends. Sometimes kids do things that don't make sense though. I hope LE can get to the bottom of things.

I don't know where to put this, but I feel like it deserves to be somewhere to make parents aware!

*NEW SNAPCHAT FEATURE*

"In a nutshell, the Map feature shows where your friends' Snaps are being composed on a Google Map-like interface, and lets you communicate with friends directly on the Map, as the Snaps are being generated."

(In a "Nut Shell", this is going to help PEDOPHILES & OTHER PEOPLE THAT COULD BE DANGEROUS, LOCATE OR CHILDREN!!!)

This is bad, very bad.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2017/06/21/new-snapchat-maps-find-friends/103070952/

Where should it go?
The
Up to the Minute
thread?

MOO
Wow thanks for the heads up! Can we boycott them?

JMO, but I think the kids lied about her tying up the dog, asking them to watch it and leaving. That story doesn't make any sense, IMO. If she was going to meet someone, why not just take the dog with her? Or leave the dog at home in the first place? Maybe the kid that said she tied up the dog and walked off, really found her dog wandering around and tied it to the fence? Maybe he/she lied at first because they were scared of getting accused of stealing the dog or hurting her?

I agree. Why would the "friends" be changing their stories? The truth doesn't change.

Thank you. It is so incredibly hard to look at that sweet, healthy young face and realize she walked away from homw happy and alive and well and ended up really mere hours later on a blue body-bag at a landfill. How does that happen?

Between the odd, contradictory statements of the kids/friends and the arrest after this baby went missing, that someone posted about of an RSO who lived very close by, I feel hopeful that something is going to break in this case.

BBM: I hadn't heard about an arrest!

The thing to keep in mind is it was broad daylight when she went missing. I am hoping that there are witnesses to her movements or anyone else with her or near her. Not to mention, any surveillance cameras in the area.

BBM: I hadn't heard about an arrest!

There is an RSO who was arrested on a probation violation. I will see if I can find it.

ETA: I think it may have been deleted or I didn't find it on a cursory search.

There is an RSO who was arrested on a probation violation. I will see if I can find it.

ETA: I think it may have been deleted or I didn't find it on a cursory search.

Google "Tarrant County Jail Booking" and it should be the secondish link. Report for day 1, last page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018