Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in area. Local news in a High profile case always finds a stray to go on camera. No one is talking. No friends, no family....All social media that was utilized to help spread the word of her missing is deleted <modsnip>It makes more questions than answers when the local anchor says " Police still will not confirm foul play in the death of Bedford teen"

<modsnip>Everyone handles grief differently. If I were in their shoes I don't know how I would be. I imagine this is all too much for them to bear. They were not expecting her to show up dead in a landfill when they called police. It sounds like this kind of crime is unheard of in this town. I'm sure they're all still in shock. Hopefully nobody close to them did this. Maybe they know more than the rest of the public and that's why they're being quiet.

"Gibson said investigators are looking at the trash in the area where Kaytlynn was found to determine its origin. Her body was found in the commercial dumping area of the landfill, not where the public can leave trash."

I'm not sure if this means her body was placed in a dumpster of a business, or if an apartment complex is considered "commercial"?

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...t-tarrant/article157790369.html#storylink=cpy

I think it means where only their dump trucks go to dump trash. Dumpsters instead of residential garbage cans?

Do we know if Kaytlynn was home alone when she went missing or if either parent was at home?

Who was last to see her alive? Just these "friends" whom we have no idea who they were?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

<modsnip> Everyone handles grief differently. If I were in their shoes I don't know how I would be. I imagine this is all too much for them to bear. They were not expecting her to show up dead in a landfill when they called police. It sounds like this kind of crime is unheard of in this town. I'm sure they're all still in shock. Hopefully nobody close to them did this. Maybe they know more than the rest of the public and that's why they're being quiet.

The area is known as "the MidCities" literally between Dallas and Fort Worth, there is no delineating of cities with exception of signs and Police Departments.
DFW is one huge area. Murder is not uncommon, child murder sadly, isn't.
All the Amber Alert talk, and yet the city where that all began, for Amber Hagerman is the same city where Kaytlynn was found. Arlington, Texas...3 miles from her home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The area is known as "the MidCities" literally between Dallas and Fort Worth, there is no delineating of cities with exception of signs and Police Departments.
DFW is one huge area. Murder is not uncommon, child murder sadly, isn't.
All the Amber Alert talk, and yet the city where that all began, for Amber Hagerman is the same city where Kaytlynn was found. Arlington, Texas...3 miles from her home.

Ah... so all this talk about no murders in the area for years isn't exactly true?

Do we know if Kaytlynn was home alone when she went missing or if either parent was at home?

Who was last to see her alive? Just these "friends" whom we have no idea who they were?

We have the neighbor that saw Kaytlynn tying the dog to the fence. We have second-hand reporting via Kaytlynn's mother that Kaytlynn asked other kids to watch the dog. We have from LE that there was "conflicting information" from the kids.

What bothers me about what we know about Kaytlynn last being seen is that at no time, especially prior to her being found in the landfill, did we get any kind of direction of where she headed after tying up the dog. Nothing like: last seen heading "between buildings 'A' and 'B'" or "toward building 'C'" or "in the direction of the swimming pool" or "toward the parking area" or "toward XYZ street", etc. It is as if she vanished in thin air.

Thing is if there was i think LE would have to say something. And i think they would know right away if there was. I know u have to wait for dna results but they would know right away if she was assaulted. Sadly ...
Why would they have to say something? It seems like a lot of people think LE needs to warn the public. In my experience that's pretty rare. They don't want to cause panic, and it's common sense to be careful anyway.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If LE knows she was murdered, they are doing a great disservice to her and her family by being so vague. It allows for speculation such as suicide, drug overdose ,etc...in fact the only reason suicide entered my mind is from how LE has been dancing around their words, Imo. Not a great strategy if they know manner of death. Declaring they have a murder case would not harm an investigation as far as I can see. It is done every single day in this country.

And another MOO, very likely the ME and LEO know exactly what the MOD and COD are. I think the toxicology report is a formality. They know and are choosing not to release it publicly yet. That's fine, even a good strategy most times, but I don't believe for one second they don't know if she was murdered and how. I think that points to, as someone said earlier, a soft kill, suffocation, head trauma, something not easily discerned from possible post mortem injuries. They want the perp to think they're so smart they've even got police fooled and start slipping up. The killer will be someone young, less educated or sophisticated or under the influence of drugs. Someone who is proud he's "stumped" LE. JMO.

At this point, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Ah... so all this talk about no murders in the area for years isn't exactly true?

Not really. I think they're saying The actual city of Bedford doesn't have many murders. I think there was one last year. It's a suburb of Dallas and Ft. Worth. I think their population is less thank 50k. There are of course a ton of murders in Dallas and Ft. Worth.

or they said 'a front-loading sanitation truck' because that's all the only kind they allow to dump in that particular area

Well, the good news about that is that they identified which specific truck it was (since they are retracing "that route") pretty quickly.

For what it is worth I expect LE activity to ramp up, if not actual arrest(s), in the not too distant future - 24-48 hours.

Cause of death for Bedford teen could take weeks, months

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner said Monday it could be weeks or months before the cause of death is known for a Bedford 14-year-old girl.

Bedford Police are keeping up patrols through the apartment complex where Kaytlynn Cargill disappeared from last Monday. Her body was found two days later in an Arlington landfill.

Police said Monday they still have no evidence the teenage girl was kidnapped or abducted.

"We've not made any arrests or executed any search warrants just following up on tips and leads as we discussed,&#8221; said Bedford PD Lt. Kirk Roberts.

If LE knows she was murdered, they are doing a great disservice to her and her family by being so vague. It allows for speculation such as suicide, drug overdose ,etc...in fact the only reason suicide entered my mind is from how LE has been dancing around their words, Imo. Not a great strategy if they know manner of death. Declaring they have a murder case would not harm an investigation as far as I can see. It is done every single day in this country.

It's possible that LE are updating the family regularly and have asked the family to keep it private for the time being. Sometimes they like to keep certain details out of the news (particularly details only the killer might know).

Yes. Exactly. Better stated than I but absolutely to my point of the perception of local public.

<modsnip> Everyone handles grief differently. If I were in their shoes I don't know how I would be. I imagine this is all too much for them to bear. They were not expecting her to show up dead in a landfill when they called police. It sounds like this kind of crime is unheard of in this town. I'm sure they're all still in shock. Hopefully nobody close to them did this. Maybe they know more than the rest of the public and that's why they're being quiet.
I think that if I was in their shoes, knowing what I do about all of the rubber-neckers online, I would shut that s**t down tight. It would grieve me to know strangers were lurking at my child's whole life, pictures, etc. But that's just me. They may have different reasons.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We have the neighbor that saw Kaytlynn tying the dog to the fence. We have second-hand reporting via Kaytlynn's mother that Kaytlynn asked other kids to watch the dog. We have from LE that there was "conflicting information" from the kids.

What bothers me about what we know about Kaytlynn last being seen is that at no time, especially prior to her being found in the landfill, did we get any kind of direction of where she headed after tying up the dog. Nothing like: last seen heading "between buildings 'A' and 'B'" or "toward building 'C'" or "in the direction of the swimming pool" or "toward the parking area" or "toward XYZ street", etc. It is as if she vanished in thin air.
And the only publicly stated comments would be from the neighbor. I don't like that. Most MSM tend to get interviews with last to see or talk to, etc for their news stories and those folks tend to happily be interviewed but we aren't seeing that here.

Not really. I think they're saying The actual city of Bedford doesn't have many murders. I think there was one last year. It's a suburb of Dallas and Ft. Worth. I think their population is less thank 50k. There are of course a ton of murders in Dallas and Ft. Worth.

Thank you!! You are spot on & I know because I live here!!!! I'm sure it is a bit confusing for people who are not familiar with the area.

Still catching up, but just because we don't know doesn't mean the parents have not been told.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I was replying to someone else's post. I don't know if they know or not, my point was, they will know before it is released publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#