Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering, when LE went to the friend's apt (or got in touch with them somehow), if the friend said Kaytlynn was going to see/study with, etc., a specific person that afternoon... And either something happened between them or she may have been grabbed by someone on her way there. Since LE says they don't see further danger or reason to be extra-cautious, then that surely sounds like they have a single individual in their sights. Based on what the C.O.P said in the presser, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

JMO

Oh i dont think for a second she was meeting up with drug dealers but it is possible one of her friends said hey wanna try some. Whatever!!! The whatever was lethal.
Just a thought.

I have not ruled out bullying.

I also still think it may be bully related!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering, when LE went to the friend's apt (or got in touch with them somehow), if the friend said Kaytlynn was going to see/study with, etc., a specific person that afternoon... And either something happened between them or she may have been grabbed by someone on her way there. Since LE says they don't see further danger or reason to be extra-cautious, then that surely sounds like they have a single individual in their sights. Based on what the C.O.P said in the presser, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

JMO

I agree. I don't think this was a crime of opportunity. I think she was targeted by someone she knows. I also think LE has a good idea who did this and they have eyes on him while they get all their ducks in a row. At least this is what I'm hoping.

Well just think about it from their POV (LE).
They have a body, no apparent violence and even the ME can't say how or why she died.
What else can they do except what they are doing?

Maybe they are waiting for a toxicology report...
Odd.

Maybe they are waiting for a toxicology report...
Odd.

The ME report is now sealed from the public as of today. So they most likely already know the COD imo.

This. I too am a huge LE supporter, but I do not understand how Kaytlynn could have ended up in a dumpster and/or landfill by her own accord. Why couldn't LE say "We're searching every avenue and possibility as to how this happened.." etc. The wording is odd, I think. Though doubtful, maybe they have a suspect(s) and don't want to tip them off? I'm not in denial, I just can't think this was not a murder.
I think they are holding off on pointing and saying the details while they hope to get info and per by surprise so essentially using investigative techniques.

Although I don't believe this is what happened, she could have potentially committed suicide by climbing into a trash compactor dumpster or even into the garbage truck before it compacts. My son works for a grocery store and they had a lady in their compactor just this past weekend trying to commit suicide. Luckily, they caught her in time and the law took her on a mental hold to get some help.

I'm thinking it's a bully or boy issue with a preplanned planned meet up and nothing random or at least that's what it sounds like based on info we have from LE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The ME report is now sealed from the public as of today. So they most likely already know the COD imo.

The report is always sealed from the public. ME case record has been taken offline. We don't know why yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The report is always sealed from the public. ME case record has been taken offline. We don't know why yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

It wasn't sealed yesterday and earlier this morning when the COD said pending. Notice I put imo at the end of my previous post. IMO they already know her cause of death.

Either this is a stall tactic or COD will be determined by tox.

Wondering since she is so small if she was given a lethal dose of a date rape drug? The lethal part being intentional or unintentional.

The fact that her body was dumped in this way makes me think it was either an accidental death or a first time perpetrator or a reckless / cocky perpetrator?

Any long time sleuthers have insights on profiling the perp based on the current circumstances?

Interested what people think...
I agree with inexperienced perp, maybe young perp, vehicle less, likely living in same complex. Any dose of any drug could easily been lethal for her size. I can't help but wonder if this isn't a group of bullies though who did this for other reasons because of LE working with school and not being sure what her COD is if that's the truth.

Been following along silently but here's my opinion.

The key to this case lies with what exactly she said to the "friends" when she left her dog. IMO, it's more likely she said "hey I need to...blah blah blah.....watch my dog." Be it go to the bathroom, go back to the apt to grab my phone, go talk to so and so over there, something. Saying "hey watch my dog" and the other kids not asking and her not saying more seems unlikely.

IMO, her intention was totally benign and she met up with someone on the way to wherever she was going. For example, could be a person in the parking lot, coming out of another apt, just hanging around. They either snatched her quickly or had a ruse where she willingly went along. I'm sure all the vacant apts and those being renovated have been checked. I believe that's a probable crime scene.

She was likely placed in the dumpster after dark. I haven't seen any mention of a large scale search of the apt complex the first night. Police and parents believed she may have been at a friend's house. Had residents been alerted there was a missing child the night of the 19th? If no one knew, no one would pay much attention to someone throwing a bag, suitcase, whatever into the dumpster after dark. She would have fit in an old suitcase or plastic bin that broke open easily while being transferred from the dumpster to the truck then truck to landfill. That's why her body could be secretly placed in the dumpster but out in the open at the landfill.

All of that is my opinion only.

I agree with inexperienced perp, maybe young perp, vehicle less, likely living in same complex. Any dose of any drug could easily been lethal for her size. I can't help but wonder if this isn't a group of bullies though who did this for other reasons because of LE working with school and not being sure what her COD is if that's the truth.

I keep going back to the bully scenario, for me it makes the most sense. They (the bully(s)) could've thought throwing her into a dumpster would've been "cute & funny" in front of their friends, then like Piston said up thread, depending on how hard she was thrown in, direction she went in &/or how she landed, it could've broken her neck, the bully(s) run off afterwards not knowing that they caused her death. (Kind of the same instance as bullies who think it's "funny" to dunk others heads in toilets & then they ultimately drawn because of it. So intentional-no, accident-yes, criminal-yes. Possibly involuntary manslaughter or criminal negligence causing death, those are the 2 charges I think we'll end up hearing.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

This is a table of causes of death in 10-14 year olds. Its from 2014, but I'm guessing not much has changed. #1 COD = Accident - not intentional. Followed by suicide and homicide. And with a few other CODs in between. Accident does make sense when you think about what Piston and Creepcrusher said. Statistically, it makes sense.
:welcome:

to

Websleuths,

:cheer:BubbleHopper !!:cheer:

Glad you're with us!!

:party:

And another MOO, very likely the ME and LEO know exactly what the MOD and COD are. I think the toxicology report is a formality. They know and are choosing not to release it publicly yet. That's fine, even a good strategy most times, but I don't believe for one second they don't know if she was murdered and how. I think that points to, as someone said earlier, a soft kill, suffocation, head trauma, something not easily discerned from possible post mortem injuries. They want the perp to think they're so smart they've even got police fooled and start slipping up. The killer will be someone young, less educated or sophisticated or under the influence of drugs. Someone who is proud he's "stumped" LE. JMO.

"Workers who discovered the body at the landfill last Wednesday didn't want to talk on camera, but told FOX4 the body came out of a front-loading sanitation truck designed to pick up dumpsters. Police are working on retracing that route to help them figure out what happened to Cargill."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/263931945-story

And another MOO, very likely the ME and LEO know exactly what the MOD and COD are. I think the toxicology report is a formality. They know and are choosing not to release it publicly yet. That's fine, even a good strategy most times, but I don't believe for one second they don't know if she was murdered and how. I think that points to, as someone said earlier, a soft kill, suffocation, head trauma, something not easily discerned from possible post mortem injuries. They want the perp to think they're so smart they've even got police fooled and start slipping up. The killer will be someone young, less educated or sophisticated or under the influence of drugs. Someone who is proud he's "stumped" LE. JMO.

Yes. Yes and yes. I agree.

I live in area. Local news in a High profile case always finds a stray to go on camera. No one is talking. No friends, no family....All social media that was utilized to help spread the word of her missing is deleted,<modsnip>It makes more questions than answers when the local anchor says " Police still will not confirm foul play in the death of Bedford teen"

Been following along silently but here's my opinion.

The key to this case lies with what exactly she said to the "friends" when she left her dog. IMO, it's more likely she said "hey I need to...blah blah blah.....watch my dog." Be it go to the bathroom, go back to the apt to grab my phone, go talk to so and so over there, something. Saying "hey watch my dog" and the other kids not asking and her not saying more seems unlikely.

IMO, her intention was totally benign and she met up with someone on the way to wherever she was going. For example, could be a person in the parking lot, coming out of another apt, just hanging around. They either snatched her quickly or had a ruse where she willingly went along. I'm sure all the vacant apts and those being renovated have been checked. I believe that's a probable crime scene.

She was likely placed in the dumpster after dark. I haven't seen any mention of a large scale search of the apt complex the first night. Police and parents believed she may have been at a friend's house. Had residents been alerted there was a missing child the night of the 19th? If no one knew, no one would pay much attention to someone throwing a bag, suitcase, whatever into the dumpster after dark. She would have fit in an old suitcase or plastic bin that broke open easily while being transferred from the dumpster to the truck then truck to landfill. That's why her body could be secretly placed in the dumpster but out in the open at the landfill.

All of that is my opinion only.

"Gibson said investigators are looking at the trash in the area where Kaytlynn was found to determine its origin. Her body was found in the commercial dumping area of the landfill, not where the public can leave trash."

I'm not sure if this means her body was placed in a dumpster of a business, or if an apartment complex is considered "commercial"?

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...t-tarrant/article157790369.html#storylink=cpy

"Workers who discovered the body at the landfill last Wednesday didn't want to talk on camera, but told FOX4 the body came out of a front-loading sanitation truck designed to pick up dumpsters. Police are working on retracing that route to help them figure out what happened to Cargill."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/263931945-story
Well, the good news about that is that they identified which specific truck it was (since they are retracing "that route") pretty quickly.

For what it is worth I expect LE activity to ramp up, if not actual arrest(s), in the not too distant future - 24-48 hours.

"Gibson said investigators are looking at the trash in the area where Kaytlynn was found to determine its origin. Her body was found in the commercial dumping area of the landfill, not where the public can leave trash."

I'm not sure if this means her body was placed in a dumpster of a business, or if an apartment complex is considered "commercial"?

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...t-tarrant/article157790369.html#storylink=cpy
Apartment buildings/complexes, like the one where she lived, are usually considered commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018