Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am terrified there will be no COD and this case goes unsolved. For some reason this case has really affected me and I feel such sadness ever since she was found.

I am terrified there will be no COD and this case goes unsolved. For some reason this case has really affected me and I feel such sadness ever since she was found.

I agree it's been one that has hit me hard. I truly believe they'll find the person(s) responsible. I'm not completely sold on murder. Could be accident then panic. Regardless, I 100% don't believe it was self harm. At all. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case has reminded me of the Nevaeh Buchanan case for some reason. I hope that the perpetrator/s in this case are brought to justice swiftly.

I have a hard time believing there was no trauma to the body, trash processing would be very injurious. Perhaps she has extensive injuries so the ME can't conclusively determine COD.

It's also possible that this was a soft kill, such as smothering.
I estimate the perp is age 17-25, possibly living at the complex.
I do think the motive was sexual.

Several years ago while working for a personal injury attorney, I had the unfortunate opportunity to view police pictures of a trash collector who had accidentally been caught in the compactor while trying to fix it.
One thing that struck me was that, while his injuries were obvious, he still looked completely human, so to speak. He was still clothed and his body was intact. IMO, even if this poor girl was compacted, she would still be easily recognizable. Sorry to share such horrific information but I am hoping it will help with perspective.

RIP Beautiful Young Lady!

The thing is, if they are really relying on tox for cause of death, it still may not give them manner of death. We may never have a clear manner of death.
I don't think they necessarily need it to determine the COD. I can't think of a specific case right now, but IMO, they sometimes wait for tox results just for due diligence.

I'm still open to the possibility that they are clueless to what happened.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't think they necessarily need it to determine the COD. I can't think of a specific case right now, but IMO, they sometimes wait for tox results just for due diligence.

I'm still open to the possibility that they are clueless to what happened.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

They do not need cause IF they can prove homicide, i.e homicidal violence, but at this point, it sounds unlikely to me that there IS evidence of such injuries.

If LE knows she was murdered, they are doing a great disservice to her and her family by being so vague. It allows for speculation such as suicide, drug overdose ,etc...in fact the only reason suicide entered my mind is from how LE has been dancing around their words, Imo. Not a great strategy if they know manner of death. Declaring they have a murder case would not harm an investigation as far as I can see. It is done every single day in this country.

This.

Maybe they are waiting for a toxicology report...
Odd.

I think they probably have someone in mind who was with her, but maybe didn't kill her thus the toxicology. Meaning like maybe they did something and it was an accidental OD, and he friends flipped out? I have no idea, that's JMO.

I hope media respects the family tomorrow and doesn't bombard the funeral.

Not really. I think they're saying The actual city of Bedford doesn't have many murders. I think there was one last year. It's a suburb of Dallas and Ft. Worth. I think their population is less thank 50k. There are of course a ton of murders in Dallas and Ft. Worth.

Bedford is one of the safest cities in this area. Murders aren't common here. The PD is great. I have a feeling her family isn't talking because they're grieving and trusting the police to do their job. JMO

AJ Hadsell ..... her death was ruled heroine overdose, whether she took the heroine willingly, or was murdered wasn't determined. Or at least the last I read, no one was charged with her murder.

If Kaytlynn was suffocated, there would be evidence of that in the autopsy. Strangled there is evidence. SA...there's several cases on here that did involve SA, but it wasn't released until much later after the body was found, or close to the trial date when someone was arrested.

I haven't read anything but media reports, so at this point, I don't have a strong belief on what may have happened.

I don't believe for a second that Kaytlynn was a drug user or committed suicide. jmo

IMO, this was done by someone she knew or a random stranger.

Either way, a monster is walking amongst the good people of Bedford. moo

It said pending yesterday and early this morning. Now the case and her name doesn't show up.
Maybe orders finally got signed by a judge to seal the case? Doesn't a judge have to approve that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Maybe orders finally got signed by a judge to seal the case? Doesn't a judge have to approve that?

Yes, I believe so. Haven't been on the Delphi thread for a while but their autopsy results were and have been sealed.

I think they only are waiting tox screen to rule it out (or in) of the equation so that doesn't allow wiggle room for a defense attorney later down the road.

I also do not believe there was no trauma. I think the key to that was the wording with the clause "that we can release at this time", paraphrasing from memory.

I think they only are waiting tox screen to rule it out (or in) of the equation so that doesn't allow wiggle room for a defense attorney later down the road.

I also do not believe there was no trauma. I think the key to that was the wording with the clause "that we can release at this time", paraphrasing from memory.

Yes! Exactly. It was worded very carefully. If there was "no trauma" the sentence would've ended at that imo. Here is what Le said exactly at the press conference-
“We don’t have any signs of trauma that have been released to us right now. We are letting the medical examiner do their job… We just simply don’t know at this time.”
https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...-suspect-cause-of-deathby-bedford-police/amp/

Yes! Exactly. It was worded very carefully. If there was "no trauma" the sentence would've ended at that imo. Here is what Le said exactly at the press conference-
“We don’t have any signs of trauma that have been released to us right now. We are letting the medical examiner do their job… We just simply don’t know at this time.”
https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...-suspect-cause-of-deathby-bedford-police/amp/

Exactly! They are holding everything close to the vest and that's fine as long as they get whoever did this. I have patience!

AJ Hadsell ..... her death was ruled heroine overdose, whether she took the heroine willingly, or was murdered wasn't determined. Or at least the last I read, no one was charged with her murder.

If Kaytlynn was suffocated, there would be evidence of that in the autopsy. Strangled there is evidence. SA...there's several cases on here that did involve SA, but it wasn't released until much later after the body was found, or close to the trial date when someone was arrested.

I haven't read anything but media reports, so at this point, I don't have a strong belief on what may have happened.

Yes, this is kind of my point. If it is found she had drugs in her system, without damage to her throat etc, would be impossible to prove someone forced them on her. So I am hoping this death investigation does not hinge on the toxicology results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee