Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, if they are really relying on tox for cause of death, it still may not give them manner of death. We may never have a clear manner of death.

I agree,
I read through an article that dealt with how to more completely look for non-obvious signs of strangulation, since there are not always obvious signs of it. It presents ways to look for it more carefully.

Simply holding the jugular veins in the neck area can cause brain death and then actual death, and signs may be present, but subtle.

Maybe that is possible in this case... And things may have been held from the public for several reasons.

http://www.markwynn.com/wp-content/uploads/death-by-strangulation.pdf

They do not need cause IF they can prove homicide, i.e homicidal violence, but at this point, it sounds unlikely to me that there IS evidence of such injuries.

Or perhaps have a second autopsy done by another M.E. That would be horrible for the family -- but I'm sure they want to find out the whole truth of the matter. It could be too late for one, WRT funeral arrangements, etc. Just a thought -- it's been done before in death cases.

That's an interesting thought.

This is an interesting thought, but in the latest press conference, the chief of police referred to this as a criminal investigation. I do believe she was murdered.

EDIT... I quoted the wrong thing! LOL. I was actually replying to the comment about her disposing of dog feces in the dumpster and having dropped a piece of jewelry or something and then climbing in to get it, injuring herself.

I was wondering, are there bathrooms for people nearby?
That might be the only reason I
would leave my dog for a bit. And if not, maybe she knew someone at the apt complex whose bathroom she could use.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
She could use her own. No? I believe the dog park is inside the apt complex where she lives and her apt was close by.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Long time reader, new account. Maybe these points have been discussed so I apologize if it's been hashed out.

1- perhaps they found her so quickly in the landfill because they suspected where to look. Trash schedules would have allowed them to know where in the landfill trash from that area gets dumped. They just found her so quickly, it surprised me.

2- conflicting kids stories. I believe the kids knew where she went and didn't say right away to her mom out of fear of her getting in trouble.

3- routine - she walks her dog every night. Maybe she left her dog in the park routinely to go somewhere else. She didn't take her phone. Maybe she left it so her mom wouldn't track her. All I hear parents of teens I know track their kids. All the teens I know hate it. (I have 2 teenagers).

<modsnip>

I've been brainstorming ways this could be an accident since the police are saying no one else is in danger
She wasnt found by LE so they didn't know where to look. She was found by a landfill worker

This is an interesting thought, but in the latest press conference, the chief of police referred to this as a criminal investigation. I do believe she was murdered.

EDIT... I quoted the wrong thing! LOL. I was actually replying to the comment about her disposing of dog feces in the dumpster and having dropped a piece of jewelry or something and then climbing in to get it, injuring herself.
Playing devils advocate here, but a criminal investigation doesn't necessarily mean murder. Could be improper disposal of a dead body or tampering with evidence.. something along those lines if it was an accident.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

She could use her own. No?

Yep. Seems pretty well established that the dog park is inside her own apartment complex. Her mother expected her back quickly, as evidenced by her mother and stepfather saying they went to look for her when she hadn't returned in 30 minutes, so it sounds like she wasn't planning to go very far. I do not think it's likely at all that she was looking for a restroom.

And, in response to other posters' previous comments, if the apartment complex has a dog park, the dog park almost certainly has trash bins specifically for dog waste, so she would probably not have been going to a dumpster either. Furthermore, dumpsters are not easy to get into. She's less than 5' tall so she would probably have a hard time climbing into one.

ALSO, she is said to have been a good student and not likely to get into trouble. There is absolutely no evidence that she was using/buying/selling drugs, or even rumors of such, that we know of. It's worse than pointless to go down that road with outlandish theories when there is no reason to.

Dog parks in and of themselves do not have restrooms. Dog parks are fenced in, designated pieces of land, for dogs to be off leash and socialize. IF the dog park is located near a regular (people) park or recreation center, or near a swimming pool area, there would be restrooms at those facilities. Otherwise, no.
Really? I don't live in Texas, but the dog parks I've been to typically have restrooms.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Really? I don't live in Texas, but the dog parks I've been to typically have restrooms.

The park is at the apartment complex, most likely a short walk to one's own bathroom.

Yep. Seems pretty well established that the dog park is inside her own apartment complex. Her mother expected her back quickly, as evidenced by her mother and stepfather saying they went to look for her when she hadn't returned in 30 minutes, so it sounds like she wasn't planning to go very far. I do not think it's likely at all that she was looking for a restroom.

And, in response to other posters' previous comments, if the apartment complex has a dog park, the dog park almost certainly has trash bins specifically for dog waste, so she would probably not have been going to a dumpster either. Furthermore, dumpsters are not easy to get into. She's less than 5' tall so she would probably have a hard time climbing into one.

ALSO, she is said to have been a good student and not likely to get into trouble. There is absolutely no evidence that she was using/buying/selling drugs, or even rumors of such, that we know of. It's worse than pointless to go down that road with outlandish theories when there is no reason to.
Just a quick note about your last paragraph, I don't suspect drug use in this case, but it baffles me at how often I read on WS that people dismiss drugs based on school performance, staying out of trouble, or appearance, etc. Kids experiment. Even very intelligent and well behaved kids. I think it's actually more dangerous to assume they don't just because they don't fit whatever profile you think they would.

Again, I'm not saying she used drugs, but it wouldn't be a huge shock to me if she did.

The park is at the apartment complex, most likely a short walk to one's own bathroom.
Yeah, I realize that now. I was just about to edit my post. :)

<modsnip>

When you've been here as long as some of us have, and you've seen all that we've seen, no theory is off the table. We look over, under, around, and through ... dissecting and discussing even the smallest of possibilities. We try to piece together and make sense of cases that are completely senseless. A girl vanishing and ending up in a landfill is senseless. Figuring out how she came to be there is why we're here.

Just a quick note about your last paragraph, I don't suspect drug use in this case, but it baffles me at how often I read on WS that people dismiss drugs based on school performance, staying out of trouble, or appearance, etc. Kids experiment. Even very intelligent and well behaved kids. I think it's actually more dangerous to assume they don't just because they don't fit whatever profile you think they would.

Again, I'm not saying she used drugs, but it wouldn't be a huge shock to me if she did.

After AJ Hadsell, I never dismiss drugs out of hand anymore, no matter how they wound up being administered whether self/forced. Personally I don't think drugs figure in here though.

Agree 100%!

But speculating that she was secretly meeting an older guy for activity unbecoming a young lady is ok? We don't have a clue as to what happened. If we don't speculate, this thread wouldn't have any posts.

Exactly. We were all 14 and stupid once. I doubt we were angels. I know I wasn't! Not to say she was doing anything wrong, she may not have been sneaking around behind her parents back. That's just one theory out of a million. Someone is responsible for her death and they need to be found.

All this rambling ... hoping for updates soon!!!

At 14 I got drunk for the first time on Miller beer (yuk). I tried pot. I was so crushing on a boy that ignored me that I would have done almost anything to get his attention. At 14 I wanted very much to be liked by the kids in my school/neighborhood. I was a good kid, never got in trouble, turned out pretty normal ( my opinion) but that was one of the worst awkward uncomfortable years of my teens. I think everything good said about her is true. I think she was preyed upon by a monster that killed her, but if it turns out to be something else all together, like a mistake, it doesn't lessen her value as a beautiful, sweet, good, smart wonderful kid iykwim.

I am shocked that there hasn't been an arrest yet. I figured they would find a clear connection to a person and then get enough for a search warrant and then find evidence needed to make an arrest. But that hasn't happened. This leads me to believe that the person responsible may not have any connection to her. It might have been a crime of opportunity committed by someone who spotted her in a vulnerable situation and took advantage of it.

As far as drugs go, she could have just as easily gone to someone who offered food or a gift. Kids will do anything for food, especially fast food. Offering to buy her lunch at Taco Bell might be enough to get her to wander off with a stranger. Also, it could have been smoking a cigarette that caused her to leave the dog. She might have had one or bummed one.

But remember that there are different levels of stranger for a 14-year-old. They may not see someone working as a stranger. A pool maintenance worker may not seem like a stranger since he is working in some official capacity. The same goes for a mailman, a Schwann's driver, etc.

At 14 I got drunk for the first time on Miller beer (yuk). I tried pot. I was so crushing on a boy that ignored me that I would have done almost anything to get his attention. At 14 I wanted very much to be liked by the kids in my school/neighborhood. I was a good kid, never got in trouble, turned out pretty normal ( my opinion) but that was one of the worst awkward uncomfortable years of my teens. I think everything good said about her is true. I think she was preyed upon by a monster that killed her, but if it turns out to be something else all together, like a mistake, it doesn't lessen her value as a beautiful, sweet, good, smart wonderful kid iykwim.

Good post.

Any mistakes she may have made by no means diminishes who she was. Not at all! I was cute, smart, popular, athletic, a good kid ... but I was also naive, irresponsible, rebellious and a goof ball. It's all part of being 14. Life isn't supposed to be cut so short.

I had so many creepy experiences with older guys, any one of them could have ended terribly. I remember always having a very strong gut instinct, hunches, hinky meter, discomfort, uneasiness ... I ran from many guys and many situations that gave me the willies. 14 is a very trusting and vulnerable age when girls try to figure boys out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14