Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had so many creepy experiences with older guys, any one of them could have ended terribly. I remember always having a very strong gut instinct, hunches, hinky meter, discomfort, uneasiness ... I ran from many guys and many situations that gave me the willies. 14 is a very trusting and vulnerable age when girls try to figure boys out.

I agree. My experiences were similar as a teenager. I think I was the most vulnerable (when it came to slightly older males) between the ages of 12-15.

I agree with someone further up the thread and just speculating based on what we know of her lifestyle. My guess is she took her dog for a walk and forgot something at home/needed to run to bathroom/grab something from the car. She asked someone to watch her dog for a minute while she stepped away and someone grabbed her. Maybe someone from the complex took her to their apartment. Fourteen year old girls talk to their friends. If there was some secret crush or something like that my guess is a friend would have talked by now. Drugs seem unlikely to me but this is all just my opinion.

I had so many creepy experiences with older guys, any one of them could have ended terribly. I remember always having a very strong gut instinct, hunches, hinky meter, discomfort, uneasiness ... I ran from many guys and many situations that gave me the willies. 14 is a very trusting and vulnerable age when girls try to figure boys out.
I agree, 14 is a very vunerable age. Sigh.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mod Note:

Hi all,

Please drop the speculation about drugs or meeting up with an older man or buying tests for school.

At this time, we have have no evidence to support any of these theories. We have been told that Kaytlynn was a good student and that she was well liked and enjoyed participating in sports and band.

While it may come to light that she was experimenting with drugs or had been drugged by someone else, we don't have any facts to support that speculation right now.

Thank you!

Do we know if Kaytlynn was instructed to take the dog for a walk (say before dinner, perhaps), or if she asked to take the dog for a walk? or if she was told to come back within a certain amount of time?

I agree with someone further up the thread and just speculating based on what we know of her lifestyle. My guess is she took her dog for a walk and forgot something at home/needed to run to bathroom/grab something from the car. She asked someone to watch her dog for a minute while she stepped away and someone grabbed her. Maybe someone from the complex took her to their apartment. Fourteen year old girls talk to their friends. If there was some secret crush or something like that my guess is a friend would have talked by now. Drugs seem unlikely to me but this is all just my opinion.
It's possible a friend has talked by now. I don't think le would announce it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Do we know if Kaytlynn was instructed to take the dog for a walk (say before dinner, perhaps), or if she asked to take the dog for a walk? or if she was told to come back within a certain amount of time?

no
no
no

:welcome6:

to

Websleuths,
:star1:funkywinkerbean !!:star1:

:cheer:We're glad you're here!:cheer:

We don't know anything about anything.

We know Kaytlynn left her apartment with her dog (6:20-30ish PM). We know her dog got tied up to a fence (either by her, the friends, or someone else). We know police were at the complex by 8:15PM. We know there was conflicting info from said friends. We know police did not think she was in any danger. We know she ended up at a landfill deceased.

We do not know Kaytlynn's intentions leaving the apartment. We do not know who tied up her dog. We do not know what the conflicting statements are from said friends. We do not know why police were called so quickly yet did not suspect her to be in danger.

Wishing we knew a whole lot more.

At 14 I got drunk for the first time on Miller beer (yuk). I tried pot. I was so crushing on a boy that ignored me that I would have done almost anything to get his attention. At 14 I wanted very much to be liked by the kids in my school/neighborhood. I was a good kid, never got in trouble, turned out pretty normal ( my opinion) but that was one of the worst awkward uncomfortable years of my teens. I think everything good said about her is true. I think she was preyed upon by a monster that killed her, but if it turns out to be something else all together, like a mistake, it doesn't lessen her value as a beautiful, sweet, good, smart wonderful kid iykwim.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly! Thank you for this post.

I think Kaytlynn was a free spirit, a tomboy maybe, and a typical 14 year old living her life. I had a life similar to Kaytlynn's at her age and probably similar teen years to many.

I just don't feel that drugs, bad choices, etc. where a part of this.

I think she fell prey to a predator or predators. We will see and I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

MOO

:welcome:

to
Websleuths
JamieH
and
Kpossible
and
Segrev
and
Ariadne
and
Jennyess

So glad you're with us!!

:thewave:

Falling prey to predator(s) is speculating since LE told us they don't know what happened and there's no evidence to support it, right?

That's my guess, too. Another young person in the wrong place at the wrong time -- could be a resident of the apt. If she walked her dog at about the same time every day or so, someone could have been watching her & grabbed her when she was alone.

No one in her family will ever be the same, and it's a tuff lesson for her young friends. Whatever potential she had for this world is lost to all of us. Just maddening and so very sad.

Unless those who know her family or friends could become "verified insiders"!!

Hello everyone, I am new to Websleuths. I have lurked for quite a while, and decided to make an account as soon as Kaytlynn's case went from missing to deceased. As a friend of the family's, I am awaiting verification as an "insider" and hope to clear up a few details that I have been seeing everyone posting. I am not privvy to any details that the police are providing directly to the family, nor would I disclose any of that info even if I did (ongoing investigation and all). Kaytlynn was a sweet, amazing child and I hope to share some of what I know with you all.

Kaytlynn was a beautiful, wonderful person who deserves justice. Thanks to all of you for your interest and compassion for Kaytlynn.

And, did she walk the dog every day at the same time?

<modsnip>

The bright spot is, that for sure, IMO, LE knows anything the rest of us know. Someone, whether it be family, friends, teachers, or neighbors are going to be able to tell LE anything they need to know. Have faith!!They are a lot better at unraveling threads than we non-professionals.

Hello everyone, I am new to Websleuths. I have lurked for quite a while, and decided to make an account as soon as Kaytlynn's case went from missing to deceased. As a friend of the family's, I am awaiting verification as an "insider" and hope to clear up a few details that I have been seeing everyone posting. I am not privvy to any details that the police are providing directly to the family, nor would I disclose any of that info even if I did (ongoing investigation and all). Kaytlynn was a sweet, amazing child and I hope to share some of what I know with you all.

Kaytlynn was a beautiful, wonderful person who deserves justice. Thanks to all of you for your interest and compassion for Kaytlynn.

Welcome! I'm so glad we will have a VI to clear things up for us. I'm very sorry for your loss and hope Kaytlynn gets her justice.

Folk's here will be respectful of your position, and not want to interfere with the ongoing investigation. We have Kaytlynn in our hearts forever and will see her through until justice is served. Consider yourself Katylynn's personal advocate. Discuss things you feel comfortable with, and politely decline anything else. Welcome!!

Falling prey to predator(s) is speculating since LE told us they don't know what happened and there's no evidence to support it, right?

Falling prey to a predator doesn't imply the victim was to blame the way saying she was doing drugs or trying to meet older men implies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14