Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have family in Alvarado near Mansfield and heard nothing of this. Glad she was found safe. I really feel Kaytlynn was taken and murdered by someone in her community. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have family in Alvarado near Mansfield and heard nothing of this. Glad she was found safe. I really feel Kaytlynn was taken and murdered by someone in her community. Moo

Yeah I have friends in Mansfield and they didn't hear until I shared a post earlier. But by the time I shared most of the comments were basically narrowing down where she was due to sightings. Boy she picked a bad time to run off.

I agree about Kaytlynn I think it was someone in the apartment complex and LE is watching them. Still on the fence whether it was a friend or some random person in the complex. Friend can mean one of her true friends to even one of those she called a friend b/c she met them once.

I think because of the victim's gender and age there will always be speculation about sexual assault and rape etc. I also think, by this stage, the police know what they are looking at. I wonder if the ME's report was pulled from being posted as they have more findings to report and are preparing a more detailed brief... but also maybe delaying its release until after the funeral because it contains upsetting information? I've seen this happen in smaller communities before where details such as suicide note or details of sexual assault were withheld from the public until the victim had been laid to rest.

<modsnip>

I haven't heard anything about the rape in Bedford. But I can confirm one of the exposure cases is accurate, as it happened to one of my relatives walking home from LD Bell.

I haven't heard anything about the rape in Bedford. But I can confirm one of the exposure cases is accurate, as it happened to one of my relatives walking home from LD Bell.

I'm so sorry. I hope your relative is doing ok after what was likely traumatic.

Love your username! And welcome to Websleuths!

Why would they have to say something? It seems like a lot of people think LE needs to warn the public. In my experience that's pretty rare. They don't want to cause panic, and it's common sense to be careful anyway.

Exactly! LE has already gone on record from the beginning they don't think the public is in danger. That's a big hint right there. It suggests perp knew or knew of victim or had a connection of some kind to the victim and it wasn't just a random killing.

People are going to speculate no matter what LE says; it's just what people do. LE doesn't spend time trying to manage rumors as that would be an impossible job.

The public really doesn't have a right to know all the details of a crime as it's being investigated, as shocking as that sounds. Cases are preserved for eventual litigation. People get frustrated and angry about that not because they're actually in danger, but because they want to know everything. LE never discloses more than that have to, by design.

Hi, long time lurker.... since Kyrons case,

I've got a theory whirling round me head that I thought I'd share, I don't know if it's even possible, could it be that she went to a dumpster to dispose of dog poop? I don't know if the dog park would have had dog poo bins (I'm in the Uk... we don't have dog parks here!) and something else fell in? A piece of jewellery maybe, a ring/bracelet/watch. Maybe she climbed in to try and retrieve it and got stuck/injured?
I'm not sure, because surely the friends would have known she'd gone to a dumpster and would have heard her struggle?
MOO

I've got a theory whirling round me head that I thought I'd share, I don't know if it's even possible, could it be that she went to a dumpster to dispose of dog poop? I don't know if the dog park would have had dog poo bins (I'm in the Uk... we don't have dog parks here!) and something else fell in? A piece of jewellery maybe, a ring/bracelet/watch. Maybe she climbed in to try and retrieve it and got stuck/injured?
I'm not sure, because surely the friends would have known she'd gone to a dumpster and would have heard her struggle?
MOO

That's an interesting thought.

MOO

The thing is we don't know the direction she went. I wish we at least knew that and what the other kids told LE.

BTW, Bedford police never responded to my message asking why the ME's record has been removed but I never really expected them to.

I read on FB that last night's service was a basketball theme and was beautiful. I know we aren't supposed to talk about FB stuff but hopefully this tidbit is allowed.

I've got a theory whirling round me head that I thought I'd share, I don't know if it's even possible, could it be that she went to a dumpster to dispose of dog poop?
MOO

No. All dog parks have bins for disposal of dog waste and most dog parks even have dispensers with pick up bags for the patrons to use. Picking up after one's dog is a primary activity for dog owners -- a defined dog park area would never be designed to force the owners to leave the dog park to walk to a separate dumpster area to dispose of the dog waste (or cleanup within the dog park would never happen).

Source: my visits to over 20 different dog parks as well being a part of a group of volunteers who worked to get my city's first dog park (they now have 5 dog parks in total).

MOO
If it turns out accidental this would be as good a theory as any.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly! LE has already gone on record from the beginning they don't think the public is in danger. That's a big hint right there. It suggests perp knew or knew of victim or had a connection of some kind to the victim and it wasn't just a random killing.

People are going to speculate no matter what LE says; it's just what people do. LE doesn't spend time trying to manage rumors as that would be an impossible job.

The public really doesn't have a right to know all the details of a crime as it's being investigated, as shocking as that sounds. Cases are preserved for eventual litigation. People get frustrated and angry about that not because they're actually in danger, but because they want to know everything. LE never discloses more than that have to, by design.

I agree..that is the way I understand that statement to mean (public not in danger) but was it intentional by the spokesperson or misspeak?

No. All dog parks have bins for disposal of dog waste and most dog parks even have dispensers with pick up bags for the patrons to use. Picking up after one's dog is a primary activity for dog owners -- a defined dog park area would never be designed to force the owners to leave the dog park to walk to a separate dumpster area to dispose of the dog waste (or cleanup within the dog park would never happen).

Source: my visits to over 20 different dog parks as well being a part of a group of volunteers who worked to get my city's first dog park (they now have 5 dog parks in total).
I was wondering, are there bathrooms for people nearby?
That might be the only reason I
would leave my dog for a bit. And if not, maybe she knew someone at the apt complex whose bathroom she could use.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I was wondering, are there bathrooms for people nearby?
That might be the only reason I
would leave my dog for a bit. And if not, maybe she knew someone at the apt complex whose bathroom she could use.

Dog parks in and of themselves do not have restrooms. Dog parks are fenced in, designated pieces of land, for dogs to be off leash and socialize. IF the dog park is located near a regular (people) park or recreation center, or near a swimming pool area, there would be restrooms at those facilities. Otherwise, no.

The dog park was a small fenced in area inside the apartment complex. There are pictures online.

Long time reader, new account. Maybe these points have been discussed so I apologize if it's been hashed out.

1- perhaps they found her so quickly in the landfill because they suspected where to look. Trash schedules would have allowed them to know where in the landfill trash from that area gets dumped. They just found her so quickly, it surprised me.

2- conflicting kids stories. I believe the kids knew where she went and didn't say right away to her mom out of fear of her getting in trouble.

3- routine - she walks her dog every night. Maybe she left her dog in the park routinely to go somewhere else. She didn't take her phone. Maybe she left it so her mom wouldn't track her. All I hear parents of teens I know track their kids. All the teens I know hate it. (I have 2 teenagers).

<modsnip>

I've been brainstorming ways this could be an accident since the police are saying no one else is in danger

LaborDayRN-

Very true. Sounds like they got too wrapped up in solving the puzzle and lost perspective. And human courtesy.

Although on the other hand, whenever pllice are vague and withold info (even for the right reasons), they're quickly fingered as disinterested or incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14