Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that the autopsy didn't reveal murder/homicide that they've released, thus the wait for toxicology report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If an autopsy doesn't reveal murder/homicide in a case and a tox screen comes back positive there is still the question of whether death was accidental or intentional, whether by the deceased or another person. Mysterious deaths sometimes remain mysterious deaths.

If an autopsy doesn't reveal murder/homicide in a case and a tox screen comes back positive there is still the question of whether death was accidental or intentional, whether by the deceased or another person. Mysterious deaths sometimes remain mysterious deaths.

I get that....I was just clarifying to another post what I was meaning.

No matter who/what/why it's tragic and whether she made poor choices or was completely innocent, there is absolutely no justification for a loss of life.

I get that....I was just clarifying to another post what I was meaning.

No matter who/what/why it's tragic and whether she made poor choices or was completely innocent, there is absolutely no justification for a loss of life.

Yes, I know you were clarifying. I should not have replied with quote. Sorry.

Ugh I hate that it being summer imo works in favor of anyone involved cause if school was going on still I think there would be a lot more talking going on and someone would be more likely to 'slip up and reveal something....

They sadly can. My sons father and partner at the time passed away very unexpectedly. He was 25. Autopsy showed nothing. His tox report came back and it showed nothing. We have no answers to why he actually died. He had troubles with drugs but tox didn't come back with anything saying he overdosed.
I hope the family gets some answers.

Also here in my local community a young 14 year old boy died suddenly. Really good boy. Rising football and soccer player. Turned out he overdosed on heroin. There was zero suspected drug use.
Not saying this happened here but it is possible the greatest of kids can make some unwise choices. Peer pressure is huge. Jmo.

This is my theory for now:

The kids she ran into at the park were joking around (or maybe being kind of jerks)...maybe something along the lines of playing keepaway. Maybe they took something of hers and threw it in the dumpster. Maybe her phone or something that she would for sure go in after. So she goes in and gets injured or killed and the kids don't know what to do so they tie her dog to the fence to be found (the reports I've read said that KC's mom came upon the dog tied to a fence and that someone who was not there said that someone else told them that KC had asked them to watch the dog.) and split. Maybe they thought she was knocked unconscious and would eventually wake up in the dumpster. Maybe the police are trying to find the thing that was in the dumpster and were waiting on toxicology to see if anything else contributed to her death. The chief of police said "criminal investigation" twice in the pressers but said "death investigation" many more times. This would be a way for it to not be a homicide, for them to have to get stories from a lot of people, for them to have to keep searching the trash for something else, and for them to say no one else is at risk. MOO.

God I wish. That's a very innocent explanation.

They sadly can. My sons father and partner at the time passed away very unexpectedly. He was 25. Autopsy showed nothing. His tox report came back and it showed nothing. We have no answers to why he actually died. He had troubles with drugs but tox didn't come back with anything saying he overdosed.
I hope the family gets some answers.

Also here in my local community a young 14 year old boy died suddenly. Really good boy. Rising football and soccer player. Turned out he overdosed on heroin. There was zero suspected drug use.
Not saying this happened here but it is possible the greatest of kids can make some unwise choices. Peer pressure is huge. Jmo.

Tox screen will test for common drugs. If it was something unusual and not common, it will not show up on a regular tox screen. If its not common they have to know what to look for.

This case has made me wonder how many other bodies get thrown away and end up in a landfill but go unnoticed.

I don't know the protocol or processes at landfills but this case has made me wonder.

This case has made me wonder how many other bodies get thrown away and end up in a landfill but go unnoticed.

I don't know the protocol or processes at landfills but this case has made me wonder.

That thought reminds me of an article I once read that said probably every body of water of size in the US has at least one body in it. :(

I remember the obituary mentioning that she liked to fly her drone, which makes me wonder if maybe she lost track of it (while flying) or crashed it, and then ventured into the dumpster to fetch it. Ostensibly one could fly the drone while walking a dog (in fact, it might even be an ideal time to do so, since you have to wander around outside anyway!); if you had to "chase" the drone down, it'd be natural to tie the pet (temporarily) to a fence or hand it off to other folks to keep an eye on until you returned.
Obviously hoping against hope that this tragedy has a relatively innocent cause.

All content above is my opinion only!

^^^ Chasing the drone sounds very logical. I never saw it mentioned that she took it with her that day. Food for thought... I really wish we knew more about the hours (days) leading up to this tragedy.

I think the drone idea has merit if only the police had said her drone was missing also, or her drone was found in "some area" or she was flying her drone etc etc. Also I think drone flying would have drawn a crowd of onlookers. Unless police are keeping mention of this a secret for some reason. I think she was exercising her dog as stated and someone known/unknown to her took their opportunity to abduct/lure and then killed her. I really think this was a sexually motivated attack. Who's to say police hadn't processed her for DNA? That takes time also. For all we know people very close to her have given buccal swabs. Always JMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Maybe her drone recorded something it wasn't supposed to ? So , Kaytlynn was 'silenced' and the drone destroyed ?

I can't see a kid controlling a drone and going out to play with the drone while walking a dog. Doesn't make sense.

You do one then the other. My guess is IF she was out playing with a drone her mom would not have come looking for her so soon after leaving.

I haven't heard or read anything about her taking her drone with her. I think that would've been stated if that were the case.

I haven't heard or read anything about her taking her drone with her. I think that would've been stated if that were the case.
I agree. Plus they would have mentioned that in the missing persons report because I'd imagine that would be a good way to identify/recognize her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I can't see a kid controlling a drone and going out to play with the drone while walking a dog. Doesn't make sense.

You do one then the other. My guess is IF she was out playing with a drone her mom would not have come looking for her so soon after leaving.

I agree with this dynamic. Controlling a drone usually requires both hands. My experience has been that the drone knows when it needs to return to its base and finds its way back to base before the battery runs down. No one wants their drone to crash, especially in a tree, for instance. Also, using the video function lessens the battery operational time by almost half or down from an average of 22 minutes to around 8 - 10 minutes with video recording.

KCs possession of a functioning drone assures me that she was a sharp, 14yo, young lady to be capable of piloting a drone. As we learned yesterday, KC reached for the stars. I do hope it wasn't her vulnerable disposition of kindness and thoughtfulness that landed her in trouble.

Yup, and if so they probably would have expected an accident from the start and done a massive ground search. But no, she was labeled as a runaway, not in danger.

IF Kaytlynn was murdered, I don't think the perp was expecting her body to found or at least found so soon at all.

I think they thought they were very sneaky and got away with it. So I am not surprised LE is tight lipped because as soon as her body was found, you betchya the perp went on the defensive immediately.

Unless of course the drone was crashed and lost at another point in time and she had been routinely taking walks to search for it. I've seen posts on my neighborhood nextdoor.com from people who lost drones and sometimes they never find or find days later with help from neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member