Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recorded Crime Watch Daily w/ Ashley Banfield, Pat LaLama says " give law enforcement a break" they have protocols and this case did not fit the criteria, they are still calling the case a death and not a murder. This may be a few days old im not sure what the date was and forgive me if this has been posted already. Banfield seemed to be pretty ticked off more attention was not apid to this case. LaLama speculated cops may know more than they are saying still, so, that was about it. This was the 1st time I have seen this show, it popped up on my " my shows" list.

And also, in response to the person who had emailed the Bedford Police about why the pending autopsy status surrounding her details of her death were removed.... they may not have responded because they would have nothing to do with that, You would need to contact Tarrant County Medical Examiners Office. However, Im 99% sure I know why and I can probably answer that for you....Even though its public information, the family of the deceased can request the information be removed due to the sensitivity of the death and their privacy. The reason I am assuming this is the case, is because well, I live in Tarrant County. And recently my friends husband died from a heroin overdose here in Tarrant County. She requested his information be removed because she didnt want everyone knowing the COD. They granted her request, so Im assuming thats probably the case here..

Bedford PD came out and said they asked it be removed. No mystery. :twocents:

https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXPD/posts/1267934493328576

A number of media, and citizens, have inquired about the Tarrant County Medical Examiners page relating to Kaytlynn Cargill’s case being removed from the website. The Bedford Police Department has had conversations with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office asking that when they have the results of their investigation, that they allow the Bedford Police Department time to share the results of the findings with the Cargill family, before the results are posted on the website.

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

There seems to be no indication that KC had her phone with her, my own children seem to panic when they leave their phone at home. Could it be that she had forgotten her phone and went back to her apartment to retrieve it? IMO, when she left her pet tied up she seemed to trust the people to watch her pet. Had she just left to walk her pet? Was she someone else prior to the dog park? Would she take the time to walk back towards her apartment? Im guessing its a good 7-10 minute walk back. I also, IMO would think that the friends could at least see her for a good 70-100 feet walking back where she intended to go. Also, would they not hear something?

:welcome: to Websleuths, BOOGIELOUISE!! We're glad you're here !!

Oak Creek Apartments, built in 1983 and currently undergoing renovations, has 464 units. That could be as many as roughly 1000 residents who were neighbors of KCs.

The missing flyer distributed said that the dog Kaytlynn was walking was found tied to a fence at the nearby dog park. One of her friends said she asked others to watch the dog for a minute, but never returned.

http://www.hebweekly.com/s/1159/Body-of-Bedford-Teen-Found-in-Landfill.php

"I went out looking for her after she didn't come back for like 30 minutes," TW said Tuesday. She found the dog tied to a fence at the nearby dog park.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/bedford/2017/06/20/police-search-bedford-teen-vanished-walking-dog

At that time, Gibson said officers had no indication that the teen had been abducted or was in danger. “Some of the comments shared by the stepfather was they felt like Kaytlynn may possibly be playing at a friend’s house,” he said.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/06/23/bedford-pd-to-give-update-on-teen-death-investigation/

I don't understand the jump from KC going to walk her dog and disappearing to possibly playing at a friend's house without any communication from KC to indicate that she left her dog to go play at a friend's house.

Oak Creek Apartments, built in 1983 and currently undergoing renovations, has 464 units. That could be as many as roughly 1000 residents who were neighbors of KCs.

I don't understand the jump from KC going to walk her dog and disappearing to possibly playing at a friend's house without any communication from KC to indicate that she left her dog to go play at a friend's house.
I think the parents were just panicking and throwing out ideas on where she may have gone. If I don't know where my kid is, my first thoughts are going to be maybe she went to x friends house, or y friends house, or z friends house. We can be objective and think clearly. A panicked parent is just going to shoot off any and all possibilities in their mind. This are just my opinions based on times my son didn't come home on time and wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

As a mother, once I found my 14yo child's dog tied to a cyclone fence without my daughter holding the lease, I would have collapsed to the ground at that very moment. I am not a Beth Holloway who can place her emotional focus where it is better suited.

If KC often visited friend x or friend y then it stands to reason why a parent may assume their child was with another. But, for KC to leave home at 6:20 and be reported to the police by 8:00, isn't that ample time to discover if KC indeed went to friend x or friend y's home or apartment? Remarks made by family and friends led LE to feel KC was in no danger.

If the friend giving the interview is accurate, then KC made it to the Bark Park. It was after arriving at the park that we lose sight of her.

As a mother, once I found my 14yo child's dog tied to a cyclone fence without my daughter holding the lease, I would have collapsed to the ground at that very moment. I am not a Beth Holloway who can place her emotional focus where it is better suited.

If KC often visited friend x or friend y then it stands to reason why a parent may assume their child was with another. But, for KC to leave home at 6:20 and be reported to the police by 8:00, isn't that ample time to discover if KC indeed went to friend x or friend y's home or apartment? Remarks made by family and friends led LE to feel KC was in no danger.

If the friend giving the interview is accurate, then KC made it to the Bark Park. It was after arriving at the park that we lose sight of her.

As previously mentioned, the apartment complex is very large. I have no idea the locations of her friend's apartments but IMO it could have easily take a while to canvass the apartment complex.

Most parents aren't going to assume the worst. Most parents would think their teen went off with a friend or is somewhere else in the complex before thinking anything else. I probably would think that too. A parent who has a strong focus on true crime cases is probably more likely to jump right to, "OMG a killer got my child," because their mind goes to that first.

I wonder if she didn't have an argument at home that made her eager to leave the house and the dog gave her an excuse. I don't remember exact timeline, but that could explain why they thought she was a runaway initially? Just trying to think outside the box, MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know that she walked the dog every day or nearly every day? I think it has been mentioned that she did, but I could be thinking of another situation... If she did walk the dog every day or nearly every day, that may be why her mom reacted as she did when she found out the dog was just tied to the fence & no Kaytlynn. Maybe Kaytlynn had never been late back to the house after walking the dog.

Does anyone recall anything about her dog-walking on a regular basis?

Bedford PD came out and said they asked it be removed. No mystery. :twocents:

https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXPD/posts/1267934493328576

A number of media, and citizens, have inquired about the Tarrant County Medical Examiners page relating to Kaytlynn Cargill’s case being removed from the website. The Bedford Police Department has had conversations with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office asking that when they have the results of their investigation, that they allow the Bedford Police Department time to share the results of the findings with the Cargill family, before the results are posted on the website.

There are all kinds of deaths on the ME's website. I'm sure that some of their families wouldn't want the details of their deaths posted. But they still are. Is it standard operating procedure to remove a death record from the Tarrant County ME's website at the deceased's relatives' request? Jmo.

I am not privy to her mother's reaction. It may be she wasn't able to utter two good sentences. I would not jump to conclusions so far as to consider my child being placed in a landfill; however, I would know she was be in danger if she is not with her dog. Maybe that is why we hear later, as the evening progressed, from the stepdad, as the mom is too distraught.

The dog is key here. She was in a position of responsibility that I assume she did not take lightly. But, since she left her beloved doggie tied to the fence at the Bark Park, then it shows an urgency because it is contrary to how one typically treats a beloved pet.

Missing Fliers went up around the massive apartment complex on Monday night. My sincere apologies but my mind won't allow me to reasonably consider 14yo KC left her dog to go play with a friend or friends for hours while her dog needed her.

JMHO :cow:

There are all kinds of deaths on the ME's website. I'm sure that some of their families wouldn't want the details of their deaths posted. But they still are. Is it standard operating procedure to remove a death record from the Tarrant County ME's website at the deceased's relatives' request? Jmo.
LE already said they were the ones who requested it. IMO, that makes this kind of irrelevant to the case.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Most parents aren't going to assume the worst. Most parents would think their teen went off with a friend or is somewhere else in the complex before thinking anything else. I probably would think that too. A parent who has a strong focus on true crime cases is probably more likely to jump right to, "OMG a killer got my child," because their mind goes to that first.

Absolutely! I'm the panicker. The Websleuthers' Curse! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members