Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The apartment complex adjoins another complex and is adjacent to homes. The area where the apartment is situated appears very congested. Moreover, according to the link for the complex:

https://www.maderaresidential.com/apartments/tx/bedford/oak-creek/

Literally there was access to the area from thousands of residents and passerbys. It is not a gated community. The complex community appears to be a broad range of ages and status (single adults, families, etc.)

I am new here and found this forum when this tragedy happened. I live in Bedford and my son's girlfriend lives in the Cantebria Crossing complex next door. That area, even though it is right off a highway, is not particularly heavily traveled. My complex is across Central from KC's and the son's gf walked to our complex quite often before this happened, now her dad is picking her up.

Upthread someone was discussing the trash days for the dumpsters... my side of Central is definitely a Monday pick up and the other side is Tuesday - I assume the dumpsters all over mirror the neighborhood, as mine does... IMO, she was placed in a dumpster in her complex or the one neighboring on Monday night or very early Tuesday AM.... they hit my complex on Monday at like 7:30am...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am new here and found this forum when this tragedy happened. I live in Bedford and my son's girlfriend lives in the Cantebria Crossing complex next door. That area, even though it is right off a highway, is not particularly heavily traveled. My complex is across Central from KC's and the son's gf walked to our complex quite often before this happened, now her dad is picking her up.

Upthread someone was discussing the trash days for the dumpsters... my side of Central is definitely a Monday pick up and the other side is Tuesday - I assume the dumpsters all over mirror the neighborhood, as mine does... IMO, she was placed in a dumpster in her complex or the one neighboring on Monday night or very early Tuesday AM.... they hit my complex on Monday at like 7:30am...

KC's brother's gf used to walk over? But not now. Did I read that correctly? Thx for your insight.

KC's brother's gf used to walk over? But not now. Did I read that correctly?

My son.... sorry - just mentioning some changed behaviors in response to this event... my son's gf walked over to see him at our place regularly, now she isn't allowed to walk over anymore... she's 15 or 16...

OT - my daughter who always thinks the world is out to get her is not shaken in the least by this death because she "thinks it was other kids" so she's not worried about a predator on the loose... she has no inside info, just her 17 year old girl's dissection of the events...

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/bedford/city-center

Here is some information on the area in which Kaytlynn lived. When the map pops up you have to drag the curser down to the south for the area in which she lived to become visible. Forrest Ridge, Sumac Lane, Oak Creek Lane. If you do that her street is clearly visible in the outlined portion. I get the idea that some do not think Kaytlynn lived in a safe neighborhood. Here's what the experts have to say on that subject.

Websleuths is a fact-based forum.

When you state something as fact, you must be able to provide a link from an approved source (LE, MSM) to back it up.

Rumors and gossip are not permitted.

Please do not post local chatter.

:tyou:

<modsnip>

If we don't include a link, it's considered a rumor.

We are free to post opinions.

I think if LE is not giving the public all of their information, they have good reasons for this. I'm more interested in seeing her killer(s) caught and facing justice, than knowing all of the "inside details" of the case.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

If we don't include a link, it's considered a rumor.

We are free to post opinions.

I think if LE is not giving the public all of their information, they have good reasons for this. I'm more interested in seeing her killer(s) caught and facing justice, than knowing all of the "inside details" of the case.

I sometimes get confused. Are we allowed to post what we see with our own 2 eyes?

I sometimes get confused. Are we allowed to post what we see with our own 2 eyes?
Ask a mod/read the rules. I usually just use a link or post my thoughts or theories.

A search for "Oak Creek Apartments" and "reviews" turns up a hodge-podge of content residents and people with and axe to grind. For sure there are mentions of dealers, addicts etc living within the complex, but there is also evidence that prospective tenants are scrutinized and quite a few recent shining reports. I would take online reviews with a grain of salt...most disgruntled tenants are looking for an outlet. I'm not saying that nobody deals drugs in the vicinity, just saying if it was prevalent or conspicuous, maybe there would be fewer happy campers.

Ask a mod/read the rules. I usually just use a link or post my thoughts or theories.

I've read the rules. From what I understand Facebook is not considered a reliable source, yet that is where the Bedford Police Departments issue their updates. Matter of fact, they issued one 4 hours ago.(7/3/2017) I saw it with my own eyes. I suppose if the mods want to include the update they will do so. Like I say, it's all extremely confusing to me.

I've read the rules. From what I understand Facebook is not considered a reliable source, yet that is where the Bedford Police Departments issue their updates. Matter of fact, they issued one 4 hours ago.(7/3/2017) I saw it with my own eyes. I suppose if the mods want to include the update they will do so. Like I say, it's all extremely confusing to me.

Not a mod, but because mainstream media and police departments are considered reliable, their official Facebook pages and a Twitter feeds *are* allowed. We just cannot discuss the comments that may follow, other than a generic "interesting comments" with the link.

The victim's social media is a reliable source (again, no comment discussion). The "Find..." or "Justice for..." pages are a gray area. Anyone can set one up. Best to ask a mod before sharing/discussing these. If run by a family member, they're generally considered acceptable.

An official FB page run by a police department or a MSM outlet is considered a primary source according to WS. However, a case discussion page, "justice for ..." page*, etc is not considered anything other than social media rumor and for good reason. If you are quoting an official Police press release, a link to the appropriate LE FB page is completely appropriate :)

*unless verified to be an official page run by family members etc

The Rules - Social Media

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

The Bedford PD FB page is fine to link.

https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXPD/posts/1267934493328576

[video=twitter;881991768274763778]https://twitter.com/toddwfaa8/status/881991768274763778[/video]

HEB stands for Hurst, Euless, Bedford. Its 3 cities in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. Bedford being the city where Kaytlynn lived and was last seen alive

And also, in response to the person who had emailed the Bedford Police about why the pending autopsy status surrounding her details of her death were removed.... they may not have responded because they would have nothing to do with that, You would need to contact Tarrant County Medical Examiners Office. However, Im 99% sure I know why and I can probably answer that for you....Even though its public information, the family of the deceased can request the information be removed due to the sensitivity of the death and their privacy. The reason I am assuming this is the case, is because well, I live in Tarrant County. And recently my friends husband died from a heroin overdose here in Tarrant County. She requested his information be removed because she didnt want everyone knowing the COD. They granted her request, so Im assuming thats probably the case here..

And also, in response to the person who had emailed the Bedford Police about why the pending autopsy status surrounding her details of her death were removed.... they may not have responded because they would have nothing to do with that, You would need to contact Tarrant County Medical Examiners Office. However, Im 99% sure I know why and I can probably answer that for you....Even though its public information, the family of the deceased can request the information be removed due to the sensitivity of the death and their privacy. The reason I am assuming this is the case, is because well, I live in Tarrant County. And recently my friends husband died from a heroin overdose here in Tarrant County. She requested his information be removed because she didnt want everyone knowing the COD. They granted her request, so Im assuming thats probably the case here..

I understand about your friend's husband, (which I'm incredibly sorry about), wanting his COD to not be mentioned. But, what's your opinion on the ME's removal for Kaytlynn? It's surely a homicide, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz