Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From looking at her, and her 84- pound weight, there's no way 5'6" is correct.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I'm wondering if a predator thought she was younger than her age because of her size, but when they realized their mistake, they dispatched of her instead of taking it further (im assuming no SA <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hi DeeDee,

I just don't know. Could be the friend "assumed" Katylynn did. As far I as I know we have been given very little hard evidence. The police aren't confirming anything as fact right? I'm just wondering, what if the dog was purposefully left there in a staged manner for ppl to assume Katylynn did it? So much of this case rubs me the wrong way.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I feel the same way you do, Ninij9!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi DeeDee,

I just don't know. Could be the friend "assumed" Katylynn did. As far I as I know we have been given very little hard evidence. The police aren't confirming anything as fact right? I'm just wondering, what if the dog was purposefully left there in a staged manner for ppl to assume Katylynn did it? So much of this case rubs me the wrong way.

I wonder if walking the dog was an excuse to get out of the house...
to see someone maybe?

"Bye mom! I'm taking the dog for a walk."

"Don't stay out too long."

"Ok, Mom. I'll be back soon".

And of course , she wasn't and that may be why her mom got anxious
so quickly.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

to see someone maybe?

so quickly.

I am wondering the same. I'm sure many people are.

I did watch it, but I wasn't sure if I was looking at the blue tarp or blue shorts. If she was still wearing clothes though, she still could've been sexually assaulted. I guess we won't really know until LE discloses that information. If they ever do disclose it.
Very true..... but, a predator that would discard his victim into the garbage would not likely not take the time/care to redress her. Although she could have had her clothes ripped but still on her body, I don't think she was SA. I very much hope she was not.

Jmo if signs of any kind of assault were present, I doubt LE would be so vague about manner of death...but jmo.

Sevveral years ago there was a study done on child abduction/homicide cases. Link below. From a statistics stand point, it is almost equally likely that the perp was a stranger or an aquaintance, but either way, the primary motive is statistically SA and the victim killed within 3 hrs. Which means that if the child is not a runaway, LE usually has less than an hour once alerted to find them. Poor girl never had a chance.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/child-abduction-murder-research

I agree. I don't think a juvenile killed her. Though it may have been a young adult imo.

See.... I'm on the fence... new to this site and have totally gotten hooked - initially just following this case (and now Shavon Randle) because it is close to home - but I've ventured into some others - if someone could suggest a case that would be interesting to compare it to - I'm game.

My initial thought when they found her was that it is a peer event of some sort - she was small, tomboyish, and outdoorsy - imo, that could totally be a combo that could make her a target. <modsnip>I hope this is not the case because that means there are some evil kids who live nearby. Even if it was accidental, her body was thrown out with garbage.

<modsnip>

I really hope BPD has an arrest soon and I hope they aren't waiting until the tox report is back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

to see someone maybe?

so quickly.

We don't even know if mom was home.
Who was home?
Anyone know?

Jmo if signs of any kind of assault were present, I doubt LE would be so vague about manner of death...but jmo.
I agree. If she were, there would be more clues/evidence for them to go on.

Attention All: For those in the DFW area please keep your eye on KTVT channel 11. For those not living in the area, keep a close watch on www.dfw.cbslocal.com

KTVT news crews caught the gentleman who started the above mentioned petition either before or after he had a meeting with the Bedford Police Chief today. I'm not clear on the timing but it should be hitting the news within the next few hours. Mr. Clark, who started the petition said the meeting went well. JMO, this is valid news even though I have no link at this time. I'm only posting this because I think people will be interested in following www.dfw.cbslocal.com very closely this evening. Mods, I sure hope this is ok to post. If not, please delete.

Can you just tell me what you suspect might be reported? I'm very bad at guessing games and hate the suspense!!

Like Mady Middleton? Who was murdered by a boy neighbor? She could have wound up in a landfill also if she wasn't discovered in the dumpster in time.

I don't think they're the same profile. Madyson fits the profile of young, prepubescent girl sexually assaulted and murdered by a juvenile, male predator.

If Kaytlynn was found with obvious signs of injury like stab wounds or having been beaten to death, she'd fit the profile of a kid killed by another teen, IMO.

Maybe she was and LE is simply being cagey at the moment. But if COD is still really not known I have a hunch it's more a sex predator case where someone who is not a juvenile grabbed her either opportunistically or via luring her.

Her small size size doesn't impress me when it comes to the possibility of being "mistaken" for a younger child. Predators of all ages know prey well. Juvenile murderers who aren't doing the whole revenge/anger/thrill kill group thing of another teen but instead go after prepubescent children seem to pick them in part because they're "better" victims. Younger AND smaller combined makes them easier to control.

<modsnip>

I watched the video and don't know how anyone can tell she was clothed. I saw a flash of brownish body which looked like bare legs, a large trunk with no clothing on the trunk and possibly shorts on but not close to clear enough to tell.

<modsnip>

A kid was found dead in a landfill after going missing while on a walk with her dog. You bet there's something off. Beyond that I see zero to blame anyone yet <modsnip>

Sorry Gitana.....we disagree on this one--the LE are holding info for a reason. Nothing to fear in the neighborhoods for the kids to be worried about. Really??

<modsnip>

Sorry Gitana.....we disagree on this one--the LE are holding info for a reason. Nothing to fear in the neighborhoods for the kids to be worried about. Really??

<modsnip>

Law enforcement is quite often very silent. In multiple cases we've reviewed. They've also told the public there was no danger when a predator turned out to be the cultprt.

<modsnip>

See.... I'm on the fence... new to this site and have totally gotten hooked - initially just following this case (and now Shavon Randle) because it is close to home - but I've ventured into some others - if someone could suggest a case that would be interesting to compare it to - I'm game.

My initial thought when they found her was that it is a peer event of some sort - she was small, tomboyish, and outdoorsy - imo, that could totally be a combo that could make her a target. <modsnip> I hope this is not the case because that means there are some evil kids who live nearby. Even if it was accidental, her body was thrown out with garbage.

<modsnip>

I really hope BPD has an arrest soon and I hope they aren't waiting until the tox report is back!

I'm gonna guess NO ONE in her apartment since she was out and about.

Can you just tell me what you suspect might be reported? I'm very bad at guessing games and hate the suspense!!

I don't think they're the same profile. Madyson fits the profile of young, prepubescent girl sexually assaulted and murdered by a juvenile, male predator.

If Kaytlynn was found with obvious signs of injury like stab wounds or having been beaten to death, she'd fit the profile of a kid killed by another teen, IMO.

Maybe she was and LE is simply being cagey at the moment. But if COD is still really not known I have a hunch it's more a sex predator case where someone who is not a juvenile grabbed her either opportunistically or via luring her.

Her small size size doesn't impress me when it comes to the possibility of being "mistaken" for a younger child. Predators of all ages know prey well. Juvenile murderers who aren't doing the whole revenge/anger/thrill kill group thing of another teen but instead go after prepubescent children seem to pick them in part because they're "better" victims. Younger AND smaller combined makes them easier to control.

I watched the video and don't know how anyone can tell she was clothed. I saw a flash of brownish body which looked like bare legs, a large trunk with no clothing on the trunk and possibly shorts on but not close to clear enough to tell.

A kid was found dead in a landfill after going missing while on a walk with her dog. You bet there's something off. Beyond that I see zero to blame anyone yet<modsnip>

Sorry, here you go. Please see post #681 by creepcrusher with link. I'm only barely computer literate (I know how to turn one on or off) & am not good with links at all.

Sorry, here you go. Please see post #681 by creepcrusher with link. I'm only barely computer literate (I know how to turn one on or off) & am not good with links at all.

You're the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member