Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we nearly at the three-week mark? Shouldn't police have tox results soon?

Thanks ningi9 for the info. Just trying to piece everything together as I feel this is solvable. Unless info to the contrary will cross that of as speculation.
The only real rub with this case would be if it was totally random by a person passing through. If a local is involved, the answers will be there.

Yep... apartment leasing person or they gave the master key to LE.? Maybe this is the apartment they visited mentioned in that one press release that was on the Sunday (if memory serves) from BPD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will add that there is no way to verify the SS was of that particular apt. on Sunday as I found other footage and at least one had an address on the door:

Published on June 22
@ 00:44

[video=youtube;lDWDVZb0oYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDWDVZb0oYY[/video]

My confusion over her death being murder comes from seemingly no cause or manner of death being determined. If true, it would be very unusual for a teen girl to be murdered in a non-violent way. I can't imagine how or what the motive could be to kill a child in a way that left no sign. Usually, when a murder is done in a way to leave no sign, it is in an attempt to make a death look natural, i.e for insurance gain. So again...if true that tox is needed to tell what may have happened to her, that in itself seems very odd. Jmo

My confusion over her death being murder comes from seemingly no cause or manner of death being determined. If true, it would be very unusual for a teen girl to be murdered in a non-violent way. I can't imagine how or what the motive could be to kill a child in a way that left no sign. Usually, when a murder is done in a way to leave no sign, it is in an attempt to make a death look natural, i.e for insurance gain. So again...if true that tox is needed to tell what may have happened to her, that in itself seems very odd. Jmo

Possibility of no physical evidence of COD could be drugs, either with or without her knowledge. Determining this would surely require tox test. Even in the case of consent, she is a minor, probably unable to purchase drugs on her own, so someone is liable for making them available. Bad drug or DO resulting in death, then supplier or friend (?) decides to hide body, thus the dumpster. Still a crime as it resulted in her death. As I said before, she did not get there on her own. Someone is responsible.

Possibility of no physical evidence of COD could be drugs, either with or without her knowledge. Determining this would surely require tox test. Even in the case of consent, she is a minor, probably unable to purchase drugs on her own, so someone is liable for making them available. Bad drug or DO resulting in death, then supplier or friend (?) decides to hide body, thus the dumpster. Still a crime as it resulted in her death. As I said before, she did not get there on her own. Someone is responsible.

IF drgs are found. If not, not sure what will happen.

I've been thinking about this a bit, and I have a theory, but its just a theory.

What if KC was on her way somewhere - whether to meet a friend, sneak a cigarette - whatever, and was in a hurry to get there and back so wasn't paying much attention. Then say somebody else was driving through the complex, maybe at a higher rate of speed than they should, harried, maybe music turned up too loud, or distracted or texting, maybe drinking- whatever. KC quickly rounds a corner and into the street/drive, she and distracted driver don't have time to stop. Car hits KC. KC bounces off car. Maybe car impact doesn't kill KC (maybe the internal damage does), but KC's head bounces off of a town home wall, or the road, and that kills her. Dumpster is conveniently right there, and driver panics and throws her in. There is either limited damage to the car to the point you can't tell a person has been hit, or driver doesn't live in complex and can just drive away.

Once KC is at the landfill she is unfortunately run over by heavy machinery making previous injuries harder to discern.

Yep... apartment leasing person or they gave the master key to LE.? Maybe this is the apartment they visited mentioned in that one press release that was on the Sunday (if memory serves) from BPD.

I don't think the apt was vacant...I think they went to see the friends they suspected her to be with or were following up on a lead of a resident who lives there. JMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM
I had to go to Dallas a couple weeks ago for my work and our meeting was at the Dallas Public Library. I saw more cops in that library than I think we even have in the town I live in. It was insane. Why at the library? Is that a high crime area? Of course this was downtown Dallas and lots of high rise buildings and I think a federal building but still. It was surreal.

City Hall is 50 yards from the Library in Downtown Dallas. The library is public and therefore the Homeless find cool air in Summer and warmth in Winter. They are not discouraged from this, however LE presence keeps it from being dangerous.

One year ago this week we had the horrific killings of officers less than one block away. You may have seen staging for the memorial, and or simple camaraderie in gathering.

Many DOD officers volunteer after and before watch hours in high impact areas.

That suggests there are close to sufficient local services that can help address the needs of the homeless population, in any state. And that's simply false. It's a major crises and if there were adequate services to help them they would have "moved along".

I don't think, however, that a homeless person is to blame. The comments by police indicate they have a good idea what happened, IMO.

There are no less than 5 shelters within 1/4 mile of the Dallas Public Library downtown.
Dallas Life Foundation/Hope Center/Salvation Army/ Outreach Dallas and Ladle of Love within 3 city blocks.

Downtown Dallas is 30+ miles from where Kaytlynn disappeared. Just for clarification.

Just the facts ma'am. :)

I don't think it's true that they need the tox results in order to determine cause and manner of death. I think they are using that as an excuse to keep from releasing what they already know.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

IF drgs are found. If not, not sure what will happen.
I'm sure the combination of the autopsy and toxicology test should give LE all the confirmation they need to declare COD. Either way, she did not get into the dumpster on her own. Someone else is involved in this situation in some way. Whatever happened, that person(s) placed her in dumpster, either planned or panic reaction. Because of no evidence of physical trauma or SA (so stated by LE), I think she ingested or was given something, and that something resulted in a fatal reaction. A 14 year old will rarely just fall over and then there is the fact her body was moved. Kids maybe, but I pray that is not the case. Other than this, I'm stumped.

There are no less than 5 shelters within 1/4 mile of the Dallas Public Library downtown.
Dallas Life Foundation/Hope Center/Salvation Army/ Outreach Dallas and Ladle of Love within 3 city blocks.

Downtown Dallas is 30+ miles from where Kaytlynn disappeared. Just for clarification.

Just the facts ma'am. :)

Again, OT, but most of those shelters make people leave during the daytime... this may be the cause of the congregating at the Library....

I don't think the apt was vacant...I think they went to see the friends they suspected her to be with or were following up on a lead of a resident who lives there. JMOO

Yeah, I went back and watched the footage that clip was taken from and it was broadcasted on the Friday the 23rd - they "visited that apartment" mentioned in the PR over the Saturday or Sunday following, so that can't be the case.

ETA screenshot since link didn't work:
8c775ae08bdab2690d2ee27b653bc1c0.jpg

I'm sure the combination of the autopsy and toxicology test should give LE all the confirmation they need to declare COD. Either way, she did not get into the dumpster on her own. Someone else is involved in this situation in some way. Whatever happened, that person(s) placed her in dumpster, either planned or panic reaction. Because of no evidence of physical trauma or SA (so stated by LE), I think she ingested or was given something, and that something resulted in a fatal reaction. A 14 year old will rarely just fall over and then there is the fact her body was moved. Kids maybe, but I pray that is not the case. Other than this, I'm stumped.
Could she have suffered a serious anaphylactic shock, from some food or an insect bite perhaps? It can happen very quickly, and that the person/s she was with got scared of being accused of killing her, and placed her in the dumpster.

After a trip in the back of a trash truck and being dumped into the landfill, I don't believe there was no trauma at all... as several have pointed out, the police chief giving the presser chose his words VERY carefully... "we don't have any signs of trauma THAT has been released to us" (he heavily emphasized the word 'that'). I also just re-listened to the whole presser with new ears - something that stands out to me is that he said family thought she may be with a "friend" - never did he give an indication of the gender of the "friend." Also, one reporter asked about them asking about an apartment resident by name and he confirmed they had interviewed several individuals... again, no gender hinting at all.... just sounds curious to me...

LE said there's no evidence of trauma that they can say right now . They have been very careful with their words.

What I don't like about the drug overdose scenario is that from everything we know about KC, which is admittedly little, she appeared to have a good head on her shoulders. Good grades. When she told her parents she would be back at a certain time, she was. So much so that when she wasn't, they immediately knew something up.

I have worked extensively with addicts. Even a young teenager would have to be extremely naive to think she could get high on opiates (which is what I think most are assuming here, I believe), and be able to walk back into her door and act even somewhat normal around her parent. It just cannot happen. It doesn't work like that. Not heroin anyway.

Addicts/users generally spend 30-90 minutes "regrouping" with each other or alone before re socializing with with sober persons because they simply cannot "pass". So even if she had spent even a minuscule amount of time with an opiate user she would have known this, and would not have used walking the dog as an excuse to get her fix. UNLESS, there is more to her story that we are not privy to, and there may very well be. I'm just not seeing it now.

I don't think it's true that they need the tox results in order to determine cause and manner of death. I think they are using that as an excuse to keep from releasing what they already know.

I agree. I think LE is using that as a stalling tactic while they continue to try & gather hard evidence. I don't know if they are being successful but I certainly hope so. Tox results are apparently very slow. Matter of fact, I have a relative who, when all else had failed, had her 19 year old daughter arrested & jailed. It was a last ditch effort to keep the kid from accidentally overdosing. It took 4 months before they had the tox results.

she was expected back in 30 minutes so taking drugs is out of the question for me.
The telltale is leaving the dog. Where'd she go? who'd she meet? Why not take the dog?
I sense she was targeted and stalked, possibly befriended by the predator. A teacher maybe or coach who was enamored could have lured her away on a pretext, a neighbor who chatted her up daily while learning her routine. I think it was someone close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn