Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here, but I've read every post on Kaytlynn's case, at least I think I have. I haven't seen this mentioned, in Texas the labs are backed up so far. DNA results take a very long time get back. As far as I know, no cases get special treatment and get moved up. Just another thing to think about if they are trying to get it right and have evidence on a suspect before jumping the gun. This would be on the theory of a SA or even if she had DNA under her fingernails.

Good post, txcountrygirl, and

:welcome: to Websleuths,txcountrygirl !! We're glad you're here!!!:cheer::cheer:

I was driving to a meeting this morning and I pass by her apartment complex in Bedford on the way there. It was really sad to think that somewhere in there she vanished somehow and then ended up in the landfill. I feel like with such little information being made public (which I completely understand that LE usually has very good reasons for doing so), it's going to be so hard to figure out what happened aside from just pure speculation. In order to follow any lead, we would need to know where the truck was from which found her. I think that alone is the single biggest piece of information. That pinpoints exactly the possible location she was dumped (ughh, hate even using that word when referring to a person). With a known location it becomes much easier to develop a suspect. I am also curious as to if they will release the COD. I'm sure with the truck being a front loader, there was additional post-mortem wounds from the compactor. What really throws me off though is LE not being concerned about a repeat offender. Everything about this case screams the opposite.....I can't help but wonder if that is just to put the general public at ease. Sorry, lots of rambling thoughts today.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article157666589.html
Wished to have an update from LE by now. This case reminds me at of the Jayden G. Case from Arizona. Nothing released from LE for quite awhile. But, LE had their suspicions early on in the investigation. Not saying at all that it is the same type of case but they were very quiet about releasing anything to the public. Then BAMN we knew it all. I really hope for KC's case this will be solved very soon as the family is desperately hurting and looking for answers themselves. I still question the dog park and where exactly the dog was tied up, Did KC enter the dog Park from the gate? The picture of the neighbor has me a bit stumped. Is he pointing to the outside of the gate or the inside of the gate? IMO, it may have struck him more odd if she had tied the dog up from outside. Could that be why he noticed her activity more than usual?

<modsnip>

<modsnip> I don't think she was purposely meeting anyone. I think she was snatched, assaulted, murdered, and placed into the dumpster. This is MOO

I feel LE knows everything and they are waiting for definitive evidence to charge someone. Their wording indicates they aren't ready to state if trauma was there and the statement they waiting on toxicology is bs in my opinion. They know and they don't want to share right now and I totally respect that if they are able to get justice for this sweet girl then I'm ok with waiting and not knowing what is going on!

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article157666589.html
Wished to have an update from LE by now. This case reminds me at of the Jayden G. Case from Arizona. Nothing released from LE for quite awhile. But, LE had their suspicions early on in the investigation. Not saying at all that it is the same type of case but they were very quiet about releasing anything to the public. Then BAMN we knew it all. I really hope for KC's case this will be solved very soon as the family is desperately hurting and looking for answers themselves. I still question the dog park and where exactly the dog was tied up, Did KC enter the dog Park from the gate? The picture of the neighbor has me a bit stumped. Is he pointing to the outside of the gate or the inside of the gate? IMO, it may have struck him more odd if she had tied the dog up from outside. Could that be why he noticed her activity more than usual?

I don't know. To me if you never looked outside that would be mega weird. If you live in an apartment complex there will inevitably be people outside, especially if you leave near a dog park. Unless you keep your blinds down all day, you will notice people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think if LE had something solid, they would move on it. Only reasons for "wait for toxicology results" are they are stalling for time because they have no answers yet or they need those results to verify substance she took or was given before her death. They probably have evidence they need to verify and may even know who. They must have provable evidence to convict. Also an arrest won't stand if probable cause or evidence is not there. Just wish the lab was quicker. Think it has everyone on edge.
<modsnip>

I don't know. To me if you never looked outside that would be mega weird. If you live in an apartment complex there will inevitably be people outside, especially if you leave near a dog park. Unless you keep your blinds down all day, you will notice people.

Keep seeing comments about blinds being down.

Midsummer in Texas can get pretty hot. Keeping one's blind's down all day is the only way to keep cool sometimes and that's in addition to blasting the A/C. These types of apartments just aren't built/insulated very well and the central heating/cooling systems can be anemic. It's doesn't seem unusual to me unless I'm missing something.

This morning I heard about a story out of San Antonio, TX & having teenagers, I had never heard of this so it really caught my attention.
Is it possible this is something KC was doing, not knowing what the final "dare" would be? Idk but even if this isn't the case with KC, I wanted to share so other parents are made aware!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mysa...s-teen-killed-himself-in-macabre-11279943.php

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

If the autopsy included a rape kit procedure -- and surely, surely it did -- and if traces of semen were found, wouldn't/couldn't LE do a neighborhood canvas for males willing to undergo a buccal swab? A voluntary procedure -- no S/W necessary. I don't know Texas law, but it is done in NC. LE would just canvass the neighborhood and ask males for a buccal swab and explain that if there were no match, the swab would be destroyed. It was done in a case here in NC, and all neighborhood men were willing to comply, save one. This particular neighbor also displayed other suspicious signs while LE was asking for the swab & generally conversing with him. They made one more try later, asking a 2nd time for the swab, and were refused again..LE started surveilling this person 24/7. They obtained a cigarette butt he had discarded -- the saliva was tested & was a match. Arrest. Trial. Guilty. He's in prison for life for rape & 1st degree murder.

she was expected back in 30 minutes so taking drugs is out of the question for me.
The telltale is leaving the dog. Where'd she go? who'd she meet? Why not take the dog?
I sense she was targeted and stalked, possibly befriended by the predator. A teacher maybe or coach who was enamored could have lured her away on a pretext, a neighbor who chatted her up daily while learning her routine. I think it was someone close.

I really hope it wasn't someone close because of the magnitude of the betrayal & the additional horror & pain that her family would feel. On the other hand, if it were a professional sex trafficker, he could be anywhere in the world by this time. Supposedly they only stay in an area for a short time & move around a lot to avoid arrest. I was watching TV yesterday on CI channel. In this particular case, they were kidnapping teenage boys. 30 years later they still haven't found this particular boy, his body, or his kidnappers. I just so much want justice for Kaytlynn! JMO

If the autopsy included a rape kit procedure -- and surely, surely it did -- and if traces of semen were found, wouldn't/couldn't LE do a neighborhood canvas for males willing to undergo a buccal swab? A voluntary procedure -- no S/W necessary. I don't know Texas law, but it is done in NC. LE would just canvass the neighborhood and ask males for a buccal swab and explain that if there were no match, the swab would be destroyed. It was done in a case here in NC, and all neighborhood men were willing to comply, save one. This particular neighbor also displayed other suspicious signs while LE was asking for the swab & generally conversing with him. They made one more try later, asking a 2nd time for the swab, and were refused again..LE started surveilling this person 24/7. They obtained a cigarette butt he had discarded -- the saliva was tested & was a match. Arrest. Trial. Guilty. He's in prison for life for rape & 1st degree murder.

'if' DNA were found and 'no' match is located in the database then canvasing the apts for volunteers to swab is doable but probably unlikely due to manpower with the required training to handle biological material. I guess residents could be called down to a medical facility but the more I think about it the more unfeasible it becomes.

Did we ever get a verified local or family member in here to answer questions? I remember the police say their working with the school Kaytlynn was taking courses at. I'd like to know what happened at the school. If any body knows?

LE responded to a Missing Person call. The Missing Child data was entered on Monday, June 19. The Missing Child Alert, on SM, did not go out until 18 1/2 hours after KC was reported missing [from the original lengthy press conference]. Investigators attended the autopsy of KC.

I hold every confidence in LE that the COD will be released once the ME has finished their examinations and all lab reports are returned. Vanessa Marcotte held her killer's DNA in her hands as she fought valiantly for her life. Her killer <modsnip> burned her hands, feet and hair hoping to hide his ID. I pray there is crucial evidence developed in Bedford because being in a landfill changes what a ME can glean from a Crime Scene in a debris field.

[video=youtube;DtGzTtZV2o8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtGzTtZV2o8[/video]

Keep seeing comments about blinds being down.

Midsummer in Texas can get pretty hot. Keeping one's blind's down all day is the only way to keep cool sometimes and that's in addition to blasting the A/C. These types of apartments just aren't built/insulated very well and the central heating/cooling systems can be anemic. It's doesn't seem unusual to me unless I'm missing something.

DEFENSE OF NEIGHBOR/WITNESS or THE CASE OF THE BLINDS DOWN
Yeah, I definitely see what you mean about the blinds down.
I guess I was thinking of my own situation, oops! Since my apt is one of the more private in my complex and with frequent visits from the grandkids, I'm used to a blind up during the day most days. Trying to get another perspective, I asked my daughter today, "Does it seem weird that i have a blind up a lot? Maybe I should put it down". She said she wouldn't like them down, and she'd put up two. Lol
But probably most people would keep them down.
Nonetheless, (referring to the neighbor/witness) some apartment dwellers would definitely notice nearby talking or an unexpected car or police car. Not all people would notice. But some would.
Yeah, imo.

https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXPD/posts/1278859922236033
6d77bbed789cfc75410060230e095201.jpg

This morning I heard about a story out of San Antonio, TX & having teenagers, I had never heard of this so it really caught my attention.
Is it possible this is something KC was doing, not knowing what the final "dare" would be? Idk but even if this isn't the case with KC, I wanted to share so other parents are made aware!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mysa...s-teen-killed-himself-in-macabre-11279943.php

This is very big in Russia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived in the same apt for 5 years, but hardly opened my blinds. Not in a weird way, but it's TX and HOT when sun faces in. Not weird at all, especially when it's dark out there is no way I would've left my blinds open. I never met people in my complex unless it was at pool usually. JMO but it's not uncommon to not know who lives near you. It's an apartment, people were in/out all the time.

This is very big in Russia

I asked my daughters, 14 & 15, if they knew what it was, 14 yo had & knew all about it, 15 yo, looked at me sideways thinking I must be crazy talking about "blue whale games", she'd never heard of it & when I explained, she said "well that sound just about dumb!!"

I happened to read an article today about kids huffing helium to make their voice squeaky.
14 is the right age to experiment like that.. I'd like to ask kids at the dog park or school if anyone's been doing that lately.
It can cause a fatal lack of oxygen is my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring