Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she deposited herself into the dumpster. I believe that somebody put the body in there, and obviously there had to be a reason for why that somebody did it.

'if' DNA were found and 'no' match is located in the database then canvasing the apts for volunteers to swab is doable but probably unlikely due to manpower with the required training to handle biological material. I guess residents could be called down to a medical facility but the more I think about it the more unfeasible it becomes.

If there is reason for it (evidence on her body), it's a quick way to rule-out 15 to 25 or more suspects.

I know in England, they don't hesitate to do DNA sweeps. They did it in at least three big cases I know of. Of course, it is voluntary but refusing is a big red flag that they almost hope for. But over here, it would be much more difficult to get people to cooperate, imo.

My 16yo son had a simple answer for why she would leave the dog for a second. Maybe she had to go put a poop bag in the dumpster.

I know in England, they don't hesitate to do DNA sweeps. They did it in at least three big cases I know of. Of course, it is voluntary but refusing is a big red flag that they almost hope for. But over here, it would be much more difficult to get people to cooperate, imo.

Those sorts of methods just don't fly in the United States.

'if' DNA were found and 'no' match is located in the database then canvasing the apts for volunteers to swab is doable but probably unlikely due to manpower with the required training to handle biological material. I guess residents could be called down to a medical facility but the more I think about it the more unfeasible it becomes.

Obtaining a buccal swab is simple -- in the case I referred to, LE performed the swabbing -- the kits are in packages with all that is needed in the package --there are places for names of person from whom the swab was obtained & from the one doing the swab. The swabs are like big Q-tips -- w/cotton on one end. The "swabber" just takes the swab and rubs it against the subject's inner cheek area. Then the swab is put in a tube with a screw-on top and it is sealed, put back in the the package and the package is sealed. The packs are given to the lab folks under strict guidelines & it's done. That should be feasible anytime, anywhere. Plus it might be interesting to see any reactions when the swabs are offered -- who's cool with it & who is not. And the person has the right to refuse, of course.

Those sorts of methods just don't fly in the United States.

They have done that here in the states in a few cases I know of.

Can't believe I forgot the sweet girl's name, but she was only about 6, lived in a tight knit trailer park, and her parents allowed her to go and play with friends, unsupervised. And a sick teen killed her and buried her in a field.

They asked all the males in the park for DNA and this teen balked...

Can't believe I forgot the sweet girl's name, but she was only about 6, lived in a tight knit trailer park, and her parents allowed her to go and play with friends, unsupervised. And a sick teen killed her and buried her in a field.

Was the victim Jenise Wright aged 6?

Sounds familiar, but I am blanking, too. I'll keep trying to remember the case... IIRC, the rest of the neighbors were essentially happy to do it, knowing that the samples would be destroyed if no match.

Sounds familiar, but I am blanking, too. I'll keep trying to remember the case... IIRC, the rest of the neighbors were essentially happy to do it, knowing that the samples would be destroyed if no match.

Yes, Gregj was right. It was the sweetheart, Jenise Wright. And everyone was OK with allowing the swabs. Except for the killer, of course.

IIRC, the rest of the neighbors were essentially happy to do it, knowing that the samples would be destroyed if no match, and very worried and eager to catch the perpetrator.

Was it pretty little Jenise Wright who was allegedly killed by Gabriel (is the first name correct?) Gaeta (I'm sure of this last name) up in Bremerton Washington? I think that's the one:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...merton-2-Aug-2014-11-*Arrest*&highlight=Gaeta

If I were the parents.....oh boy hell hath no fury, this is just not acceptable if I still lived there I would make the 30 minute drive to show them how hell hath no fury... this just disappoints and hurts me for them and for Katelyn....grrr... rant over ...sorry

If I were the parents.....oh boy hell hath no fury, this is just not acceptable if I still lived there I would make the 30 minute drive to show them how hell hath no fury... this just disappoints and hurts me for them and for Katelyn....grrr... rant over ...sorry

Maybe they're not pitching a fit publicly. because they know more than we do. From what I've heard, they're very respectful of BPD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member