Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SleuthinMama, thank you for your special presents/presence. Please accept my condolences and those of all of us gathered here.
<modsnip> We know she was loved as is apparent in the lovely video tribute.

<modsnip>

Thank you! It's coming up on a year but it still hurts like yesterday. I truly hope le and the me can give her family some answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my son in July of 2015. This year has not been any easier. I can breathe without feeling weight, but I still have my days. It is like being in an ocean with 70 foot waves pounding you and you just have to fight to get a breath. Over time, the waves don't hit as frequently, but they still hit. You never get over losing a child. You never stop grieving. I think that is the hardest to understand for people who have not lost a child. You might learn to conceal the grief, but it never goes away. Sending you hugs.

Thank you SleuthinMama. I saw the video tribute and it really personalized who Kaytlynn was. She looked like a fun girl.
<modsnip>

It seems like all of the photos were of her alone or with a relative. On the other hand, maybe parents didn't want their kids faces to be in the tribute for security purposes as I'm sure it's being seen Nationwide.

I'm so sad. It seems apparent to me that a child such as Katylynn with her smarts, wit, beauty and athletic prowess really could have achieved greatness in her lifetime. And thanks to some evil we will never, ever get to witness this. Please can someone tell me why there are such worms sharing our planet that believe it's their right to steal the life from someone else for their own gain or pleasure? What a loss. Such a Bright light.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So very sorry to say this but I never felt this was a tragic accident. Unfortunately, there are gross creeps, murderers, and sadists in our society. They live amongst us.
It is our duty to protect the innocents. To report what worries us & what we feel is wrong.
Someone knows or suspects something & I'm feeling optimistic they have already shared their info with LE.

RIP beautiful angel, KC. Justice will come.

Moo

Thank you, SleuthinMama. The insight to the amount of love that was shown is greatly appreciated. This really makes me very happy, but it's all so sad.
I don't have any questions per say; and I don't want to seem rude, but I was wondering what your thoughts were as to if this was an older male who could be responsible? Could this person own and/or work for a company who has access to a truck or the landfill in the close vicinity?<modsnip> Or do you feel a different way, have a different opinion?

I think it may have been someone she knows or someone in the complex. She was helpful and kind, and someone may have appealed to this, maybe someone asking her to help her carry something to the dumpster or to their apartment.

As for the landfill/trash pickup, here are the facts that I know:

1. I have personally been to this dump as a private citizen to dump some large items for the company I worked for at the time. You are required have a copy of a valid government issued ID and show it to the dump to use it. Certain days it is open to the public (all surrounding cities), and certain days only to Arlington residents. I had to show my ID with an Arlington address on it to use the landfill on the day that I did. This leads me to believe that a commercial truck brought her body there, there's no way a perp could go in there and dump a body without getting caught.

2. Residental trash pickup in our area is Monday/Thursday. This is for single and multi family houses. I don't know what the residental APARTMENT pickup schedules are. It seems possible that she was placed in a dumpster elsewhere. I know the police can backtrack this and pinpoint the origin of traash of any dumpster in the area, residential or commercial.

If the perp dumped her body, I'm sure he figured if her body made it to the dump, he would probably get away scot-free. It is, in a way, fortunate that she was discovered so quickly, relatively speaking. I have considered that upon her body's discovery, the perp may have freaked out and committed suicide, and that could explain why arrests haven't been made and search warrants not issued. I noted two suicides posted on the ME's website right after the discovery of her body. This entire paragraph is just my opinion.

Earlier in the threads I'd made the statement that young teenagers can be pretty damned devious when it comes to being evasive with cops. By this time one would think LE would have sweated them out were a younger person involved. I'm leaning towards a suicide or accidental death at this point.

A bit OT, but still relevant to this case. Mods, please delete if not allowed. Just now (5:30 CDT) an Amber alert came on TV for all of Texas for a missing 13 year old girl from Lancaster, Tx, just south of Dallas. It is interesting to note that they have a good description of the vehicle in which she was seen. Apparently someone saw her pulled into the vehicle & was able to give a description. This is only my estimation but I'm going to say that Lancaster is about 30 miles from Bedford.

It is about 30 miles but worlds apart in many ways. Bedford is part of a tri-city in the midst of 2 large cities.
Lancaster is on the furthest outskirts of the metro area and is almost rural. I have actually lived in both towns and don't think the location of the town has as much to do with a connection as the fact that they are young girls and opportunity was there.
IMO
Something that I have not seen theorized is that there are sex trafficking rings here and there are documented recent near misses in the MidCities in the past year.

It is about 30 miles but worlds apart in many ways. Bedford is part of a tri-city in the midst of 2 large cities.
Lancaster is on the furthest outskirts of the metro area and is almost rural. I have actually lived in both towns and don't think the location of the town has as much to do with a connection as the fact that they are young girls and opportunity was there.
IMO
Something that I have not seen theorized is that there are sex trafficking rings here and there are documented recent near misses in the MidCities in the past year.

Parts of Lancaster are pretty rough. Especially compared to Bedford.

IMO

Oh, I've thought about the sex trafficking rings. Just didn't know if we were supposed to discuss that. I don't have anything to document that but I know it is a huge problem in all of Texas because I know several LE personally............not here in Bedford specifically, but throughout the state.

mod note:We do not have any verified insiders in the case as of yet. We need to wait for that process to be completed. Please refrain from asking questions for now. I know it is frustrating with no new information but please wait a little longer.

Those who have followed true crime cases for a long time know the drill, but those new or newer may not realize that LE *always* knows more than they say. In 100% of the cases I've followed over a 20 year period, every murder case had details that only the detectives (and often family members) knew.

Those who think LE will tell all or even a good portion of what they know...they won't. They never do. It's not even a maybe. Most LE jurisdictions say as little as they possibly can. They have a job to do and that job doesn't involve keeping a curious public informed about the details. *IF* the public is in danger they'll say, but most of the time the public is not in any increased danger.

The investigation is focused on solving the murder, and getting the case to a point where they can get an arrest or indictment and hand the case off to the DA's office. Even then the public will not be privy to what's going on beyond some basics.

So if you find yourself wondering if the police department knows something or is holding back, yes, yes they are and they do and that's standard protocol. The public and the curious just have to cool their heels and wait because there's no other choice. It takes as long as it takes to get to a resolution and that can be weeks, months or years, or in some cases, decades. It's part of what you deal with when you follow murder cases.

All of this. I just want to add, sometimes they don't even tell the public they are in danger when they are. My parents lived in Toronto in the 80s and (if I'm remembering the story correctly) there was a serial rapist in the area who had a pretty clear MO that involved breaking in through balconies and patios. The police did not warn women in the area to lock doors or be on guard--my mom has always been mad about that and I don't blame her, but I guess their reasoning was that the rapist would be easier to catch if women weren't taking action to deter him.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my son in July of 2015. This year has not been any easier. I can breathe without feeling weight, but I still have my days. It is like being in an ocean with 70 foot waves pounding you and you just have to fight to get a breath. Over time, the waves don't hit as frequently, but they still hit. You never get over losing a child. You never stop grieving. I think that is the hardest to understand for people who have not lost a child. You might learn to conceal the grief, but it never goes away. Sending you hugs.

Thank you Leader6518. Sending hugs to you too. I agree that people who haven't been through it don't know how devastating it is. I would just start shaking my head and screaming no at the top of my lungs. My friends gave me about 6 months before they started talking behind my back and planning an "intervention". I don't drink and I don't do drugs so I don't know what their plan was unless it was to get me committed. But it backfired and now I'm down two "friends".

Could they be keeping so quiet because minors are involved, aside from just the victim?

I just feel like if they definitely knew it was murder, they would say so. Could death be accidental and then someone disposed of her body? Just thinking out loud. MOO

Could they be keeping so quiet because minors are involved, aside from just the victim?

I just feel like if they definitely knew it was murder, they would say so. Could death be accidental and then someone disposed of her body? Just thinking out loud. MOO

Possible yes. I would believe an accidental death over a suicide for sure.

Possible yes. I would believe an accidental death over a suicide for sure.

I still think someone will be charged for the crime, but no idea what charge. Kids talk all the time, someone is bound to slip up.

I heard she was spotted by a bulldozer driver. This is rumor only. My husband works for a different waste company in the area, and that is what was being said there. They don't really "process" the load after a truck leaves.

On Republic's website, trash pickup for Bedford is Monday/Thursday on one side, and Tuesday/Friday on the other. If she arrived Wednesday afternoon, she most likely would've been in a dumpster from another town like Arlington, which lists trash pickups on Wednesday/Saturday as well. If she was in a dumpster in Bedford, it was most likely on a Tuesday route.

http://site.republicservices.com/site/north-central-texas/en/pages/cities.aspx#

Edit: What I mean by they don't process a load is that they generally don't have people out there walking around, checking the trash. The dozer drivers see things and remove what shouldn't be there at times, but that's usually it. Republic might do things differently than my husband's company. I'm only going by what they do at the landfills they use, and my experiences with a city landfill many moons ago.

Thank you. I wondered how she was spotted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still think someone will be charged for the crime, but no idea what charge. Kids talk all the time, someone is bound to slip up.

Me too. If her death was accidental imo It still could've been prevented and somebody else put her in that dumpster.

It's up to the M.E. to determine manner of death. If the M.E. hasn't yet determined that then the police aren't going to say anything because it's not up to them. You can take the hint from the use of the term "criminal investigation" this probably isn't going to be an accident or suicide. BTW, murder is a legal term that's determined by the DA in charges. Death at someone else's hands is considered homicide, but not all homicides are murders.

It's up to the M.E. to determine manner of death. If the M.E. hasn't yet determined that then the police aren't going to say anything because it's not up to them. You can take the hint from the use of the term "criminal investigation" this probably isn't going to be an accident or suicide. BTW, murder is a legal term that's determined by the DA in charges. Death at someone else's hands is considered homicide, but not all homicides are murders.

My point is that the autopsy didn't reveal murder/homicide that they've released, thus the wait for toxicology report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member