Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely horrible.. the cops had a good idea who it was right from day one thanks to her companion/witness.
The heinous deed and having sophistication to plot an alibi is enough to be tried as an adult.
It was a laying in wait trap.. he's a beast..and i have no doubt his uncle and brother aided him all they could.
May the maximum penalty be served.
Rest in peace Kaytlynn.. you were a good kid.

The affidavit says Kaytlynn and Source 1 were smoking marijuana in Kaytlynn's apartment. Is there something that will cover up the smell? I assumed it was not an easy odor to get rid of. (This doesn't have anything to do with her death, I am just curious.)

I'm not too sure if this is appropriate to post this here, but WS is in need of our help.

I'm not so sure the drugs had anything to do with this murder.Telling her to not to bring the friend/dog along makes me think this was planned.I wouldn't be surprised to find out this young man had been violent before.

He had at least been threatening with females before per source 1. But the drugs absolutely had something to do with the murder. They are directly linked. Because had she not been involved in that it's unlikely she would ha e knownt his creep. And because the drugs is how he lured her regardless of motivation.

I've just read the Affadavit. It's now my belief that he didn't wnt to pay her and she wasn't leaving without getting paid, and he became enraged.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If I read it correctly- suspect was giving KC and her friend $300 of marijuana to make into dabs. KC would then return the marijuana in dab form and get paid $300 from the suspect. It seems like she was going to get the money when she was killed. Did she have the dabs? Suspect didn't want to pay I guess. Murder over $300?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The affidavit says Kaytlynn and Source 1 were smoking marijuana in Kaytlynn's apartment. Is there something that will cover up the smell? I assumed it was not an easy odor to get rid of. (This doesn't have anything to do with her death, I am just curious.)

Yes. If they smoke it through a vape pen it is mostly odorless. My neighbor's kids were doing it at their home and the parents had no clue.

Oh my gosh. Around the same time as Kaytlynn's disappearance many of us were following (here on WS) the death of another young girl, Kiaya Campbell, who was also killed by a juvenile male! What in the world!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My thoughts, too -- He came on to her, and she brushed him off or said something, it enraged him, and it was on. Or, it could be that she owed him money and didn't have it, and he offered a "deal" to her & she refused...
Now that I've read the Affadavit, I'm certain his intent was to rob her for the dabs and she wasn't going to let him. [emoji24]

If I read it correctly- suspect was giving KC and her friend $300 of marijuana to make into dabs. KC would then return the marijuana in dab form and get paid $300 from the suspect. It seems like she was going to get the money when she was killed. Did she have the dabs? Suspect didn't want to pay I guess. Murder over $300?

This is where I'm confused because the warrant says she was going to get the money. Was he paying her to make dabs? I just don't understand it all I guess. So like she was an employee for lack of a better term.

Dabs aren't really new, they're just more widely available and popular now. My mom was born in the 60's and used them in her younger years. They didn't call dabs back then, though.

Had experience with trying to get the PDF off NBC5 DFW when working the Missy Bevers case. They made the PDF viewer better and I didn't have to jump through hoops loading .JS files into browser windows and reading the source for the nexxt .JS until you find the PDF.

For future reference, if you see a PDF viewer like that one on another site or this NBC5 site what you do is just click the view in full screen button in the lower left. It will show the document and a link to the PDF on Document Cloud in a pane at the far right - at least in a browser.

Got it! Thanks! Hope I remember this the next time.

Yes. If they smoke it through a vape pen it is mostly odorless. My neighbor's kids were doing it at their home and the parents had no clue.

Yes exactly. My aunt has end stage breast cancer and she smokes pot from a vape. It's odorless. I have no idea where she gets the oil or whatever. Is that what dabs are? The pot oil?

This is where I'm confused because the warrant says she was going to get the money. Was he paying her to make dabs? I just don't understand it all I guess. So like she was an employee for lack of a better term.
It seems like he gives her MJ. She makes dabs. She returns dabs to him. He pays her $300 for the work. He sells the dabs at a profit. RIP Kaytlynn

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Yes. Ozium is an amazing odor eliminator. There are also other techniques to mask/hide it.
Wet towel under a closed door, smoking and blowing it out of an open window, etc.

It seems like he gives her MJ. She makes dabs. She returns dabs to him. He pays her $300 for the work. He sells the dabs at a profit. RIP Kaytlynn

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Ok that's what I thought. [emoji853]

dabs are concentrated marijuana
oh and i had to google it

https://www.greenrushdaily.com/what-are-dabs/

Same here -- it's made by heating the flower (like using a curling iron with the bud in between two pieces of parchment paper), and extracting a gooey substance which is then smoked -- yes, good ol' google. Never heard of it before. Apparently it sells for much more money than just plain pot.

Yes exactly. My aunt has end stage breast cancer and she smokes pot from a vape. It's odorless. I have no idea where she gets the oil or whatever. Is that what dabs are? The pot oil?
It can be referred to as oil, wax, dabs, shatter.... many names.

I'll say it once & I'll say it again...fourteen-years-old?

It could be like the Autumn Pasquale case. They killed her to get her bike. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/autumn_pasquale_death_2_teen_b.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic