Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I interpreted the documents as well but it doesn't really make sense to me that a dealer would just give her the drugs to do this for nothing. And if KC and Source1 were smoking in her apt, does that mean she was smoking some of the "free" weed given to her to process? Could the suspect have been angry because she returned with less product than he expected? :thinking:
Interesting thought Gardener!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dabs are a very popular thing where I live. They get you WAY higher than marijuana does. A lot of people I know have flame torches in their house to do dabs with. So yeah, I'd say it can be a bit dangerous. Very interesting if Kaytlynn was making them in her home w/o her parents knowing

In reply to Wrigley's_Human:
"It seems like he gives her MJ. She makes dabs. She returns dabs to him. He pays her $300 for the work. He sells the dabs at a profit."

Thank you! This is the most accurate post this evening. This is not directed at a particular person, but I think everyone's rushing through the arrest affidavit and everyone needs to sllloowww downnnn and read more carefully.

So much misinformation being asked and answered here and there's no need to make things more confusing or start more rumors.

There is no indication she was "into, dealing, buying or selling drugs". Nowhere does it say she was smoking pot with informant 1. She was processing it. I find that amazing and wonder if he pushed her to do it.

Dabs are similar to hash. It's extracted and made into a sticky resinous substance. Probably stronger since pot is stronger than it was in the 70's. It's not a "hard drug". No, I don't smoke, but if I did, I'd want to vape it. 😁

For me, the fact that this child was living a life so contrary to what is expected is what really frightens me. How can we help keep our fourteen year olds Safe, if everything we think we know about being 14 is so far off base from what the reality was?

I think in this case, to brush the drug angle under the rug and tired it up with a sympathy bow would be an injustice to the truth. I'm still trying to figure out if I believe AJ Hadsell voluntarily ingested heroin or if she was drugged justvbecause I cannot reconcile young, smart, athletic children with drug use.

And yet here we are again...
Let's not be PC and utter the words "the drug angle doesn't matter" because it does. It's everything and it's getting worse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was smart, athletic. I graduated with a 4.6, was a professional ballerina, and played volleyball. I was president of my graduating class. I was also a heroin addict. It happens, as mind-boggling as it is. At 10 years sober it's difficult to reconcile the person I am today to that poor, miserable, absurd and over-achieving child who only knew how to find comfort in self-medicating. But it's so much more common than you would think.

ETA: that being said, I almost always see the drug angle if there is one, and I must say I just didn't get that vibe in this. It was one of the few cases where I DIDN'T think that there was anything nefarious going on. She seemed so...young. Making dabs is sort of a whole other level than just smoking some weed. So when I read the affidavit and saw the post, I have to say I was shocked. And honestly very little shocks me these days, thanks to being an avid reader here. RIP little KC...so unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone had to have taught her how to make dabs. I know that google has a wealth of information, but for her to even consider doing it herself, at her age, with her history is just...Wow!
Yes, I do find the whole dabs thing surprising.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

In reply to Wrigley's_Human:
"It seems like he gives her MJ. She makes dabs. She returns dabs to him. He pays her $300 for the work. He sells the dabs at a profit."

Thank you! This is the most accurate post this evening. This is not directed at a particular person, but I think everyone's rushing through the arrest affidavit and everyone needs to sllloowww downnnn and read more carefully.

So much misinformation being asked and answered here and there's no need to make things more confusing or start more rumors.

There is no indication she was "into, dealing, buying or selling drugs". Nowhere does it say she was smoking pot with informant 1. She was processing it. I find that amazing and wonder if he pushed her to do it.

Dabs are similar to hash. It's extracted and made into a sticky resinous substance. Probably stronger since pot is stronger than it was in the 70's. It's not a "hard drug". No, I don't smoke, but if I did, I'd want to vape it. 

BBM. See the second paragraph on page 4: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3985857/PC36785.pdf

Seriously. How can parents have any hope of protecting their kids if this is what 14 year old babies are up to? She was an athlete and a tiny beauty with an innocent face. And this is what she was up to?

Caveat and admission. I myself was actually smoking pot at that age. I had issues in life. But it was an immature drug usage. Not at this level of sophistication. Not close. I was just trying to escape reality. I didn't understand what I was doing or reflect on it much. So I'm not totally naive and am aware that kids can go astray but man. This just takes it to another level. I mean if 14 year old babies are actually manufacturing and dealing drugs at that age, where does it end? What's next? What are these kids like at 18, 21? 25?
It is scary. I tried pot maybe twice in high school. I do hope that stories like this will help parents. I think the assumption that kids who get good grades, are responsible, etc., don't do drugs, can be dangerous because then it's not talked about. Hopefully parents are paying attention, and realize that it could be their kid, so no matter how well-behaved they are, they keep a close eye, communicate about this stuff, etc. Ugh... This is so sad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure the drugs had anything to do with this murder.Telling her to not to bring the friend/dog along makes me think this was planned.I wouldn't be surprised to find out this young man had been violent before.

Yes, I agree. He's a mean mistreater. No dogs were allowed to go with KC because her loyal dog would attack someone who attacked his beloved owner, KC.

A 16yo plotting the death of a 14yo female by bashing her with a hammer makes me ill.

His actions show his premeditation for murdering KC. Let the chips fall.

I'm wondering who the heck gave Kaytlynn $300 worth of pot to sell, how she paid for it and will that person be arrested.

The suspect fronted her the pot -- she & her friend were gonna make dabs & give it back to the perp for $300, IIRC.

Quoting Gardener1850:
BBM. See the second paragraph on page 4: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...57/PC36785.pdf
----------------------------------------------------------

It clearly says "source 1 was at Kaytlynn's apartment smoking marijuana."

Nowhere does it say SHE was. Maybe she was, but that is NOT what it says

Sounds like Source 1 and the killer were probably both bad news and she was naive.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO

Exactly! I'm not exactly a prude but I've never heard of dabs until this! I honestly have no words.

Me neither, never heard that word.

Same here -- I've done my share of pot, many years ago, but it's been a long time. This dabs thing is something I've never heard of, either. Of course I flew to google. It sounds a bit scary, to me. SMH.

Seriously. How can parents have any hope of protecting their kids if this is what 14 year old babies are up to? She was an athlete and a tiny beauty with an innocent face. And this is what she was up to?

Caveat and admission. I myself was actually smoking pot at that age. I had issues in life. But it was an immature drug usage. Not at this level of sophistication. Not close. I was just trying to escape reality. I didn't understand what I was doing or reflect on it much. So I'm not totally naive and am aware that kids can go astray but man. This just takes it to another level. I mean if 14 year old babies are actually manufacturing and dealing drugs at that age, where does it end? What's next? What are these kids like at 18, 21? 25?

bbm
Sad to say, some of them are in prison, some in rehab, and some are in the cemetery. Damn, what a shame and a waste. Where are we, folks?

I have. It's a potent form of pot for people who have been smoking for years and no longer get high very easily.

I'm sorry and maybe some will criticize this because it sounds like the "video games made me do it" argument but I really feel this unfettered access to the internet for teens has exposed them to a world they shouldn't know about, has shattered their innocence and put them in danger in a multitude of ways.

And I don't know how a parent is supposed to keep up and be able to reign them in anymore. From drugs to encouraging suicide to bullying and luring for sex or other sexual exploitation, it's just all too scary to me. I'm feeling old.

Yeah, me too. Honestly, it makes me relieved I was unable to have kids. I really don't think I could cope with kids and their expectations today. I don't know how anyone dares let their kids out of their sight. I am sure lots of parents think their kids are the good ones, but they might be clueless if they only knew.

The thing with getting into any sort of drugs at a young age, you will always be in contact with older, more "experienced" teens (or older) to get the drugs or booze, etc...and that is a danger just in itself. I guess sneaking a half bottle of wine out of mom's cabinet just isn't enough of a thrill like it was when I was 14 or 15. Good grief. Scary.

Quoting Gardener1850:
BBM. See the second paragraph on page 4: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...57/PC36785.pdf
----------------------------------------------------------

It clearly says "source 1 was at Kaytlynn's apartment smoking marijuana."

Nowhere does it say SHE was. Maybe she was, but that is NOT what it says

Sounds like Source 1 and the killer were probably both bad news and she was naive.

Ok, you are correct. However, why would he be smoking in her apartment if she wasn't smoking it too? I think it's a little naive to say she was not smoking too if she really was hanging out with someone who was smoking and making deals with a pot dealer. Or are you saying you think Source 1 lied about that? I do agree that Kaytlynn was probably naive to think a dealer would pay her and made a big mistake to trust the killer enough to show up alone like he asked. In no way did she deserve to be brutally murdered for that mistake (or for smoking pot or anything else she might have done).

I was smart, athletic. I graduated with a 4.6, was a professional ballerina, and played volleyball. I was president of my graduating class. I was also a heroin addict. It happens, as mind-boggling as it is. At 10 years sober it's difficult to reconcile the person I am today to that poor, miserable, absurd and over-achieving child who only knew how to find comfort in self-medicating. But it's so much more common than you would think.

ETA: that being said, I almost always see the drug angle if there is one, and I must say I just didn't get that vibe in this. It was one of the few cases where I DIDN'T think that there was anything nefarious going on. She seemed so...young. Making dabs is sort of a whole other level than just smoking some weed. So when I read the affidavit and saw the post, I have to say I was shocked. And honestly very little shocks me these days, thanks to being an avid reader here. RIP little KC...so unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Thank you for sharing that and I'm so glad you found your way out. It really does boggle the mind. I recently learned that a lot of the cheerleaders at my sons high school are huge pot smokers. I honestly don't have have a problem with pot but it's just so not what I'm used to. When I was in school only the "freaks" did drugs. The cheerleaders and football players just had a few drinks on the weekend after a game.

The suspect fronted her the pot -- she & her friend were gonna make dabs & give it back to the perp for $300, IIRC.

What does he get out of it though? Can he sell the dabs for way more than what he could sell the pot for enough so that he'd give them $300?

What does he get out of it though? Can he sell the dabs for way more than what he could sell the pot for enough so that he'd give them $300?
This is what I'm trying to figure out too. :thinking:

Am I allowed to post his Facebook profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123