Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this kid didn't have the money to pay her to convert the pot, why didn't he just make the dabs himself? Was it really worth murder to him? What an idiot.

Dabs aren't really new, they're just more widely available and popular now. My mom was born in the 60's and used them in her younger years. They didn't call dabs back then, though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
There are several ways to process cannabis. The knife hits of yesteryear aren't today's dabs.

Nobody gives someone weed and pays them that much to make them dab out of it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that's just weird to me. I'm curious to hear more at trial perhaps.

I agree with you completely - there are no words. I, myself, have just learned of the term "dabs" tonight. What are these kids doing these days?

Me, too, Rott Mom. KC found an easy way to make $150.00. She got the weed and turned it into dabs so it was worth more. Killer said not to bring the dog. KC gave Source 1 her dog, and said, "I'm going to get my money."

KC never returned. The 16yo killer is a self-loathing individual to hit KC violently with a hammer over the money. It is all about money. Or sex, or both. It's both. So sad for her. Lock him up. Throw away the key.

16-year-old arrested in death of Bedford teen found in landfill

Police said the 16-year-old juvenile acquaintance of Cargill, Jordin Roache, was detained on Friday and taken to the Tarrant County Juvenile Detention Facility in Ft Worth. He is charged with murder and has a $250,000 bond.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/278083117-story

Yes exactly. My aunt has end stage breast cancer and she smokes pot from a vape. It's odorless. I have no idea where she gets the oil or whatever. Is that what dabs are? The pot oil?
Pretty much, yeah. And glass water vaporisers.

I don't think Cam Newton and his dab (football celebration pose/"dance" is technically related, but IDK.

I actually left this thread for awhile because I was offended people were insinuating this could be drug related so needless to say I am shocked. Learning that she was killed with a hammer is too much and my heart hurts thinking about how she died so violently. It does make more sense now that LE said the public wasn't in danger. I hope this boy is charged as an adult and never lives life outside of a cell again. RIP Kaytlynn.

Pretty much, yeah. And glass water vaporisers.

I don't think Cam Newton and his dab (football celebration pose/"dance" is technically related, but IDK.

I was waiting for someone to bring him up. I thought he invented it.

This article says she was killed with a hammer. Dear Lord.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Be...est-in-Kaytlynn-Cargill-Murder-442491283.html
ETA sorry Pink!
This is absolutely horrific! I'm so sorry she went through this. What a sick, sick person who did this.

Side note: I always say that you can never assume kids don't do drugs. Their grades, looks, background, etc., are irrelevant. Kids experiment, so I am usually hesitant to rule drug use out. No matter what she did NOT deserve this!! I hope justifice is swift and harsh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There are several ways to process cannabis. The knife hits of yesteryear aren't today's dabs.

Nobody gives someone weed and pays them that much to make them dab out of it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that's just weird to me. I'm curious to hear more at trial perhaps.

That is what I don't understand. Was it the first time she made dabs for this guy? Why kill her over it? How does one even start that conversation? Hey, you wanna make some dabs? I'd like to think I'm not naive but maybe I am when it comes to our youth today!

I'm also getting a "thrill kill" vibe about this.....if so -- those types are the most dangerous !
They can never be let out into society because they will most likely kill again.
:moo:
Me, too. Certainly her may have killed her over money or sex, but he could have done just to do it. SMH. Or, on a dare. SMH.

Only thing is if the kids knew all along that she went to see him I am shocked that it wasn't disclosed somewhere on social media after all this time. They must be really good at keeping secrets. Unless her "friendship" with this boy was a secret. Poor Kaytlynn. :(
I'm not. In my experience of being involved in a high profile case, LE is VERY clear that mouths need to stay shut. They do a very good job of explaining why. It sounds like LE communicated this well, and I'm glad these kids listened, because I feel like they did know where she was going.

I don't have the same reaction to others as to the sophistication of this. I didn't read talk to Kaytlynn using dabs. There are people who make money off drugs but don't use them. I am picturing her somehow getting involved with shady characters.

There aren't too many ways for 13-14 y/o to make money legally and she might not have been able to get as much as she wanted from her parents.

She and her other friend meet the suspect. Somehow they find out about dabs and how they can make them and think that it's easy money. Why not. This actually seems much safer and less risky than her being a dealer. She can take the product home, convert it to dabs, and turn it around for a quick profit.

She doesn't have to make transactions where customers could get busted and turn on her or turn out to be narcs. She doesn't have to put up money up front. She doesn't have to keep it around or arouse suspicion. She doesn't have to do a bunch of exchanges for money.

She's smart. This seems like Breaking Bad to me. Kids her age are able to cook like gourmet chefs because of You Tube and websites. Making these doesn't seem more complicated.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Wow, a hammer??? Did not expect that! I did expect it to be a peer, but over marijuana? With a hammer??? WTF??
I doubt it was over marijuana. This kid must be evil.

If I read it correctly- suspect was giving KC and her friend $300 of marijuana to make into dabs. KC would then return the marijuana in dab form and get paid $300 from the suspect. It seems like she was going to get the money when she was killed. Did she have the dabs? Suspect didn't want to pay I guess. Murder over $300?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I interpreted the documents as well but it doesn't really make sense to me that a dealer would just give her the drugs to do this for nothing. And if KC and Source1 were smoking in her apt, does that mean she was smoking some of the "free" weed given to her to process? Could the suspect have been angry because she returned with less product than he expected? :thinking:

I don't have the same reaction to others as to the sophistication of this. I didn't read talk to Kaytlynn using dabs. There are people who make money off drugs but don't use them. I am picturing her somehow getting involved with shady characters.

There aren't too many ways for 13-14 y/o to make money legally and she might not have been able to get as much as she wanted from her parents.

She and her other friend meet the suspect. Somehow they find out about dabs and how they can make them and think that it's easy money. Why not. This actually seems much safer and less risky than her being a dealer. She can take the product home, convert it to dabs, and turn it around for a quick profit.

She doesn't have to make transactions where customers could get busted and turn on her or turn out to be narcs. She doesn't have to put up money up front. She doesn't have to keep it around or arouse suspicion. She doesn't have to do a bunch of exchanges for money.

She's smart. This seems like Breaking Bad to me. Kids her age are able to cook like gourmet chefs because of You Tube and websites. Making these doesn't seem more complicated.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

......except making dabs is a bit risky......one could blow their house up.

Kids grow up too quickly nowadays!

......except making dabs is a bit risky......one could blow their house up.

Kids grow up too quickly nowadays!
I had to Google dabs, but the first and only article I read was how to make with a flat iron, which is an item frequently accessible to teen girls. It claimed to be a safe way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I had to Google dabs, but the first and only article I read was how to make with a flat iron, which is an item frequently accessible to teen girls. It claimed to be a safe way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Snipped from USA Today, May 2015

"DENVER — A potentially explosive technique used to make a powerful marijuana concentrate from pot leaves and stems has federal investigators cautioning the public about the risks of hash oil extraction.

When done wrong, the process can cause a fireball or flash fire that blows out windows and doors. Authorities say they've seen an uptick in hash oil-related incidents from California to Washington and New Jersey, and say it's in part because people learn the basic technique over the Internet but often lack the sophistication to do it safely."

Some seem more upset over the drugs than the murder.
For me, the fact that this child was living a life so contrary to what is expected is what really frightens me. How can we help keep our fourteen year olds Safe, if everything we think we know about being 14 is so far off base from what the reality was?

I think in this case, to brush the drug angle under the rug and tired it up with a sympathy bow would be an injustice to the truth. I'm still trying to figure out if I believe AJ Hadsell voluntarily ingested heroin or if she was drugged justvbecause I cannot reconcile young, smart, athletic children with drug use.

And yet here we are again...
Let's not be PC and utter the words "the drug angle doesn't matter" because it does. It's everything and it's getting worse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Same here -- it's made by heating the flower (like using a curling iron with the bud in between two pieces of parchment paper), and extracting a gooey substance which is then smoked -- yes, good ol' google. Never heard of it before. Apparently it sells for much more money than just plain pot.
So like resin?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members