Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only say, Kaytlynn isn't here to tell her side. We're reading bits and pieces, but I don't think we have the full picture.

I first heard of 'dabs' during the disappearance of Amber Graham (hoping I got that name right!) The little baby who's Dad last had her, and he is now dead, and she was never found.

I don't know Kaytlynn's family or her lifestyle. I don't know if she ever had used drugs, or if this was a new idea, and as with most kids, money is something they don't have much of.

The person who tied up her dog and left, it was not Kaytlynn that left the dog. That person has two version of events in the pdf I just read. One states Kaytlynn ran away from the others because she was suppose to be alone and no dog, and the others saw. The second states the dog was tied and he played basketball, went back to the apartment, then text to Kaytlynn, she didn't answer, so he goes back out to the park, and Kaytlynn's mother is there with the dog.

I don't know...But she didn't deserve to beat with a hammer....and what an awful crime scene that would have left. Splatter everywhere. Obviously it wasn't well cleaned, because police saw the splatter, but there had to be some clean up....

I don't know if I want to know anymore details. This is awful.

I'm so confused by the sentence sell them back to Roache. Did they buy the pot to make the dabs and then sell them back? I don't understand this. Did he front the pot? I'm seriously so confused.

MIKAYOYO,
KCs 16yo killer gave her $300 worth of weed. Mind you, he has only lived in the complex for two weeks.

KC kicked it up a notch by forming the weed into dabs. This made the weed more valuable on the street.

She was returning the dabs to her killer, who now owed her $300, when she asked her friend, Source 1, to watch her dog.

KC left her dog with Source 1, so KC could get her money from her killer, for turning the weed into dabs.

Her 16yo killer texted her not to bring the MiniPinch poochie. To come alone. And so she did.

He basically smashed her with a hammer over $300 - $600 worth of weed but KC was only owed $300 that she would then split the profit in half with Source 1.

Simply, KC died over $150.00 because the dealer had plans other than to pay her for the $300. We know where KC ended. This is a horrible and sad development.

"Know what your children are doing." Sgt Holeman, Delphi

In reply to Wrigley's_Human:
"It seems like he gives her MJ. She makes dabs. She returns dabs to him. He pays her $300 for the work. He sells the dabs at a profit."

Thank you! This is the most accurate post this evening. This is not directed at a particular person, but I think everyone's rushing through the arrest affidavit and everyone needs to sllloowww downnnn and read more carefully.

So much misinformation being asked and answered here and there's no need to make things more confusing or start more rumors.

There is no indication she was "into, dealing, buying or selling drugs". Nowhere does it say she was smoking pot with informant 1. She was processing it. I find that amazing and wonder if he pushed her to do it.

Dabs are similar to hash. It's extracted and made into a sticky resinous substance. Probably stronger since pot is stronger than it was in the 70's. It's not a "hard drug". No, I don't smoke, but if I did, I'd want to vape it. 

It does infer she was smoking marijuana with source 1. Read again. Also, taking a drug and converting it into something else for profit is, indeed, manufacturing AND dealing the drug. This isn't child's play. It's much more sophisticated and serious than smoking pot.

I was smart, athletic. I graduated with a 4.6, was a professional ballerina, and played volleyball. I was president of my graduating class. I was also a heroin addict. It happens, as mind-boggling as it is. At 10 years sober it's difficult to reconcile the person I am today to that poor, miserable, absurd and over-achieving child who only knew how to find comfort in self-medicating. But it's so much more common than you would think.

ETA: that being said, I almost always see the drug angle if there is one, and I must say I just didn't get that vibe in this. It was one of the few cases where I DIDN'T think that there was anything nefarious going on. She seemed so...young. Making dabs is sort of a whole other level than just smoking some weed. So when I read the affidavit and saw the post, I have to say I was shocked. And honestly very little shocks me these days, thanks to being an avid reader here. RIP little KC...so unfair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they had mention of texts between Kaytlynn and the killer regarding drugs but is it possible some of this is untrue? Made up? I don't know.

:thud:

This was not what I was expecting when I saw they made an arrest.

The affidavit says "Source 1" and KC were smoking weed in her apartment.

I'm not. In my experience of being involved in a high profile case, LE is VERY clear that mouths need to stay shut. They do a very good job of explaining why. It sounds like LE communicated this well, and I'm glad these kids listened, because I feel like they did know where she was going.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Too, the other kids may have kept their mouths shut for fear of being killed themselves. After all, the 16 year old that killed Kaytlynn likely wouldn't hesitate to kill others if he thought they were a threat to him. Fear would be a powerful motivator for keeping your mouth shut even for a teenager. Remember early on police were saying that they were getting conflicting stories from the kids in the complex. I think that may have been a ploy to make the killer feel safe so he wouldn't make a run for it.

Dabs aren't really new, they're just more widely available and popular now. My mom was born in the 60's and used them in her younger years. They didn't call dabs back then, though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OK, I'll bite. Was it called hashish back then. Now it's more refined and called dabs? Am I on the right track?

I thought it was going to be someone she knew....but really didnt think i would be drug dealing :-(

Poor little thing.....kids always think they know what they're doing :-(

What does he get out of it though? Can he sell the dabs for way more than what he could sell the pot for enough so that he'd give them $300?

Could it have been some sort of gang initiation? Kill someone to let the gang know you are a tough guy???????????

I can't explain it, but about a week after she was found I was getting a feeling the killer would be a teenager or teenagers. That drugs were involved, though, in a 14 year old's death is not something I can imagine. This has got to be hitting her family and classmates hard with school starting now.

Source 1's gut instinct was right!! He actually snuck and followed with the dog. He knew to bring the 2 things murder boy told him not to. Murder boy used to live with Source 1 and mom knew something wasn't right! He was also aggressive to females, which is why source 1 followed. Murder boy has been bad news for a long time! Super sad. It's sounding like the patio blood is because he pushed her over the balcony into the trash bin. He Def didn't carry her dead body down.

I hope source 1 forgives himself and knows it's not his fault. He tried. Poor baby.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:thinking: I missed the MSM information that said they lived on the higher floors. I did note the blood on patio rails, but didn't consider that.

And this was in broad daylight!

I'm confused, definitely not trying to be snarky. Where do you see that he was threatening people at 12 years old & has quite a mouth on him? I can only see pictures but no comments or videos.

It's further down. He talks about a relationship and threatens some other kid.

He must have a more up to date FB? Or maybe IG?

You know, we all keep wondering how a kid as wholesome, talented, & smart as Kaytlynn could have been involved in drugs. Perhaps I'm just painfully old fashioned, but it seems to me that kids now days are not given any consequences for any unacceptable behavior beginning from the time they are very small & continuing on into their teen years. Fuddle-duddy me is willing to bet that anyone here over 40 years old knows all about consequences. Sure, all teens do stupid & dangerous stuff & I am no exception, but once upon a time there were consequences for our bad behaviors.

My 22 year old addict/alcoholic son started drugs -weed at age 14. I did everything in my power to prevent this prior to it happening and while it was happening. I even had him arrested! Sadly I couldn't/can't help him.
Mind you my son never did drugs while I was home that I'm aware of but who knows what happened when I was at work?
Such a sad situation. So senseless. So many lives ruined and one precious one will never come back. Jmo

My 22 year old addict/alcoholic son started drugs -weed at age 14. I did everything in my power to prevent this prior to it happening and while it was happening. I even had him arrested! Sadly I couldn't/can't help him.
Mind you my son never did drugs while I was home that I'm aware of but who knows what happened when I was at work?
Such a sad situation. So senseless. So many lives ruined and one precious one will never come back. Jmo

One of my nieces had her 19 year old daughter arrested for drugs. The daughter is now in lock-up rehab & has been for several months. Not sure how long rehab will last. I can't be more specific because I don't ask any questions but just listen to what I'm told. This has nearly killed my niece & then there's the uncertainty of whether rehab will actually work. Sometimes it does & sometimes, sadly, it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz