Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the news pop up on my FB feed and came by here to get the true story. I'm devastated. RIP Kaytlynn.

I will say I am impressed with the handling of this case. LE knew from the beginning and kept everything so close to the vest. Well done. Kaytlynn deserves justice.

:rose:

I didn't read that there was ever an actual exchange of money or weed. Just plans. Source 1 had been smoking so who knows how great his recollection of time was. It does seem odd that the POI was going to 'front' them the weed. But ok, maybe KC had a knack for sales. She convinced him she could make dabs. Its possible this would have been her first attempt.

On another note, it seems like the parents did what they could to keep her busy. Softball. Summer school. Trips to grandparents. Parenting is hard. Trying to protect kids from every threat out there is impossible.:juggle:

I have so many thoughts swirling in my head about this young woman who was killed. I am so sad that she was killed over 300 dollars and drugs.

The behaviors that she was doing are not uncommon among her age group, either in rural, suburban, or urban areas. I think that we have an issue that has not been addressed by families, communities, or law enforcement. Young adolescents have larger access to each other, more than ever before. There is a trend to seeing adults as the enemy who keep them down. Drug money is seen as a quick and easy way to get money. Lastly, but most important (in my mind), is that they are bored and like the excitement of drugs, alcohol and getting thrills. Parents and families can't watch them 24/7. Communities don't have programs for teens besides sports programs that x out a lot of young people.

The conversation about her making dabs is an important one b/c it seems so shocking. In a culture where Walter White is a hero and the destruction of drugs is minimized, I am not sure it is so surprising. I doubt she had flown under her family radar in terms of some of the things she was doing-- not saying or implying that they condoned or supported but I would think there was at least some previous use or activity because making dabs is not usually where one starts.

I feel for her parents and those who knew and loved her. The public knowing this side of her versus what had been previously reported about her must be excruciating.

I didn't read that there was ever an actual exchange of money or weed. Just plans. Source 1 had been smoking so who knows how great his recollection of time was. It does seem odd that the POI was going to 'front' them the weed. But ok, maybe KC had a knack for sales. She convinced him she could make dabs. Its possible this would have been her first attempt.

On another note, it seems like the parents did what they could to keep her busy. Softball. Summer school. Trips to grandparents. Parenting is hard. Trying to protect kids from every threat out there is impossible.:juggle:

If the affidavit is correct, she and Source1 got the weed and transformed it to dabs. (Among young people who have little money, it is not uncommon to sell drugs in exchange for some of the drugs.) When I read the affidavit, it inferred that she had transformed it and was going to get her money cut. I didn't say that she got drugs in return as well as the 300. MOO, the dealer gets a good deal out of this--they have weed to sell, another person elevates it to a more potent form (less work for the dealer) and gets a cut, and the kids in the neighborhood will be more trusting of the dab maker than a dealer. With all of the talk of poisoned drug supplies, this dealer could always point to her and Source1 as the makers who kept it pure. If the dabs are bad, the loop back to the makers skips the dealer.

Can you tell I work with high schoolers?

:wagon:to Websleuths, Kenjack07 !! We're glad you're here!!
:party:

Page 7 Paragraph 2. I assumed the 1st meet didn't go as planned so she didn't get the product, but perhaps she did. Is an hour time enough to make dabs? Who knows. Then it would make sense when she said she was going back to get the money. Source 1 never says they made the dabs or that she actually got the pot. He speaks in future tense so its difficult to say.

There was no possible "happy" outcome to this story, but this is truly depressing. I am impressed by the WS sleuthers who were confident this would be solved. And I am glad the family has answers, as terrible as they are.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Is Source #1 presumably her friend? If so, she/he was probably well aware what was going on and eventually told all to LE out of fear. Teens can keep secrets but not so much in a life/death matter. If the source is her close friend, the info given is likely true, imo.

I have a couple of random thoughts running around in my head. 1) Is source 1 safe from retribution by the killer's friends? 2) Could there possibly be others arrested in the coming days as accomplices either during or after the killing?

Thoughts, please.

I have a couple of random thoughts running around in my head. 1) Is source 1 safe from retribution by the killer's friends? 2) Could there possibly be others arrested in the coming days as accomplices either during or after the killing?

Thoughts, please.

A guess? The uncle of POI.

Why did he do it - she didn't get enough dabs. He wasn't going to pay her. She raised up.

News articles state she was PLANNING to make dab. She was PLANNING to buy $300 of pot and make dab. She was killed before receiving the pot. The killer didn't want her to bring her dog along during the purchase because he premeditated her murder to steal her $300. He didn't want to dispose of her dog after killing her and have it bark and bite him.

Yes I don't believe he ever intended to sell her any weed. It was all about getting her money and killing her to shut her up. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why in the world di it take so long for them to arrest him? I just don't understand that.

Why in the world di it take so long for them to arrest him? I just don't understand that.

I think the affidavit explains the timeline pretty well and what they've been doing all along.

My brain, my brain..
Why in the world is a fourteen years old middle school athletic young teen making deals to buy pot, turn it into dabs and make profits??? This is crap a long term smoker would dream up, not a fourteen year old girl.

I had speculated a few weeks back that her death didn't involve other teens because it just didn't seem plausible and/or they would have been caught immediately. But I was proven wrong once again.

It's pitiful she got in over her head at such a young age. Teens need to know that situations can go South very rapidly especially when there are narcotics involved. It's a very dangerous business that 14 year old girls should stay far, far away from. Smoking a joint is one thing but trafficking in it is an entirely different scene.

Definitely hard to wrap my head around this one. When I was 14, $300 might has well have been $5000. That would have been a fortune to me. So sorry to hear she died because of greedy drug dealers.

I'm not totally naive and am aware that kids can go astray but man. This just takes it to another level. I mean if 14 year old babies are actually manufacturing and dealing drugs at that age, where does it end?

Yeah, pretty much the same experience here. Scrounging up a joint at 14 or 15 was one thing but we all knew dealing it was bad news. The internet and smartphones have provided an easily accessible and large amount of information on street drugs in addition to the scheming and scams that goes with it.

I guess some kids just think it's somewhat normal behavior when this stuff is presented to them via a web page. They might be tech savvy but then the harsh reality of face to face transactions intrudes. Very sad.

:(

seems like she was meeting the suspect to buy some pot to make dabs to then sell back to suspect to make money of th deal, but because she showed up with the dog and/or the friend he took her original amount of money for the pot she was going to make dabs and called off the deal before giving her the pot??? .... She last told her friend to watch my dog i'm going to get my money back. Maybe he wasn't expecting a confrontation. At this time suspect is desperate as he knew there was a witness..... Who knows if he even had pot, maybe he just wanted some money?! I read her obituary and it said she was fearless.. She got stiffed and went to get her investment back and things turned as they did? my opinion only!!!! I'm new here but been following this case closely this is my first comment I hope I didn't break any rules! just trying to make sense of all of this...

I am curious if there are gang affiliations or who the older gangsta is in this kid's life. Usually a youth corrupting other youths has himself been corrupted by someone else. He either set it up to kill her for $300, or she really had no idea what she was doing and showed up with poorly made dabs and he freaked out and killed her. It depends on whether she gave him $300, or he gave her an amount of weed to make dabs of which $300 would be her cut for processing (which is how I understand it went down). Good dab is not easy to make.

gitana, you asked earlier if it is like hash, and yes it is, just not as refined (the process for making hash is much more delicate and does not rely on butane or other heating methods. You can make dab out of crappy weed, for example, but not hash)

thx for that, i never heard of dabs before. seems pretty involved tho. wow, hard to believe kids would know how to do that but like you said it is becoming legalized and you are noticing a lot more violence and robberies. so very sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz