Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to harp on this again but making dabs is not the same as manufacturing drugs. They are not anything to do with narcos or cartels or the kind of drugs that actually kill people who use them such as meth, heroin, alcohol and cocaine.

Marijuana is on its way to being legal in Europe and will be legal in Texas before you know it. Once it is, will you look back at the circumstances alleged in this case and think of it the same way? The only possible thing that makes marijuana at all relevant to this poor girl's brutal murder is its alleged use as a lure to get her into the perp's apartment.

As someone that lives in a place where marijuana is legal and applauded for curing and treating a variety of ailments, it is mildly offensive to see some folks continually villianizing it and reacting out of fear or ignorance of what it is even though the mods have asked us to move on and dabs (or hash oil) explained multiple times. While we all respect and seek the idea of justice in the world, that does not mean we have to blindly label things a certain way just because the US tries to position it as an evil to maintain leverage over its border countries and indigenous communities that would profit from its legalization.

/rant

Thank you! 100% agree!

I still have no idea what the actual motive is. The story told by the source doesn't exactly add up. For whatever reason, it appears K voluntarily went to where suspect was living, and that supposedly after running away from him in the park.

I'm sorry to harp on this again but making dabs is not the same as manufacturing drugs. They are not anything to do with narcos or cartels or the kind of drugs that actually kill people who use them such as meth, heroin, alcohol and cocaine.

Marijuana is on its way to being legal in Europe and will be legal in Texas before you know it. Once it is, will you look back at the circumstances alleged in this case and think of it the same way? The only possible thing that makes marijuana at all relevant to this poor girl's brutal murder is its alleged use as a lure to get her into the perp's apartment.

As someone that lives in a place where marijuana is legal and applauded for curing and treating a variety of ailments, it is mildly offensive to see some folks continually villianizing it and reacting out of fear or ignorance of what it is even though the mods have asked us to move on and dabs (or hash oil) explained multiple times. While we all respect and seek the idea of justice in the world, that does not mean we have to blindly label things a certain way just because the US tries to position it as an evil to maintain leverage over its border countries and indigenous communities that would profit from its legalization.

/rant
Alcohol is legal. Imagine what it would do to a 14 year olds body over their teen years. I view marijuana the same way. Children's developing brains do not need pot. If she was 21 I would be less upset. Then she could smoke herself into a coma, and it's her business. But 14? Not a good argument for the legalize marijuana camp. And dabs can have a very high concentrate of THC. Medicinal marijuana products are lower in THC and high in CBD so they are almost a different drug in tablet and liquid form.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

its actually pretty risky. and it is the same desire for "stuff" that leads kids to trade that leads them to sell drugs.
Honestly don't agree, but that's ok, we can differ on this point. We both agree she didn't deserve to be hurt and killed. I'm confident that she would also have had plenty of time to grow out of this stage and lead the good life she was meant to if this piece of crap didn't take her life.

Alcohol is legal. Imagine what it would do to a 14 year olds body over their teen years. I view marijuana the same way. Children's developing brains do not need pot. If she was 21 I would be less upset. Then she could smoke herself into a coma, and it's her business. But 14? Not a good argument for the legalize marijuana camp. And dabs can have a very high concentrate of THC. Medicinal marijuana products are lower in THC and high in CBD so they are almost a different drug in tablet and liquid form.

Very true. Even my pro medical marijuana psychiatrist is very much against it before the age of 21 or so. It can be very damaging especially to young people with mental issues or a pre disposition to mental issues, like schizophrenia.

Seriously, we are discussing a case where 14 year old was killed, allegedly during a drug deal gone bad. Are we seriously going to argue whether drug dealing and manufacturing is a safe activity for teenagers to make a little extra cash?

That is why I say I have hard time grasping most comments here. It looks like I am living on a different planet.

Selling drugs is reduced to same risk category as selling shoes on CL. Hammer murderer pyscho even gets sympathy (I know this is because people have kind hearts). Any and every bad behavior is somehow being excused or justified to accommodate the outlier.

Nobody deserves the outcome, but it is not for vain that there is the saying "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure".
When you excuse bad behavior, "prevention" aspect is removed from the equation. You get to deal with the "cure" all the time.

My gf, when crossing a street on traffic lights, never checked the cars. She moves straight ahead. She says "It is green, they should stop".
Yes, they should, but guess what, **** happens. One time 3 lanes of cars stopped, on 4th lane an old woman drove through the red light full speed. Had I not pulled her back in the nick of time, both her and my dog would have been under that car. Now she checks each time.
"Common sense" is not a luxury, it is a necessity for survival.

Also this is NOT "a little" extra cash. For an adult, it is like $10,000. At that age, I worked 3 months for that money.

I don't think making "dabs" is as simple as it is said to be.

This is a drug dealer. He knows his trade. His aim is to get new recruits, new users and increase his profits.
He does not need to introduce a recurring expense to his product. If it was that easy, he would be doing it himself.

When she said "I am going to get hte money"... It might be because:

1) SOURCE1 was not telling the truth and they were buying hte marijuana from him. She gave the money, didn't get the goods first time.

2) A debt pending from earlier "manufacturing" deals.

3) There is no dabs transaction and that was SOURCE1's lie to play down their role. They buy it from Suspect and sell it.

4) This is all between SOURCE1 and Suspect. But since they are not in good terms (mother kicking out Suspec), KC does the legwork.

That is what I could come up with.

Because he was already angry earlier, when he saw Source#1 lurking nearby. And he rejected the deal at that point.

So why did she suddenly say 'I am going to go and get the $'---? It sounds like there was a disagreement already, which is why she came home empty handed.

So after they already disagreed about something and called it off, she went back and tried to make it work. And he has a violent history so it was bad news.

I think you're on the right track. Same as your previous comment about going to get the "money". It's not like someone would blurt out "I'm going to get the weed!"

This might explain the "running away" too. Maybe the deal WAS off and she was trying to get it back. This part has always puzzled me.

Again, the text messages might reveal so much. I hate waiting to find that part out.

Blessings to Kaytlynn's family. They may have some answers, but this is just the beginning of a long legal process.

In 2005, the US Supreme Court decided that execution of anyone who commits a crime who is under the age of 18 at the time of the crime will not be eligible for execution. IIRC, the suspect was 17 -- but I could certainly be mistaken.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4518051

They also cannot be sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in June 2012 that juveniles convicted of murder cannot be subject to a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole."

This is also retroactive for juveniles previously given life sentences. (There are states that aren't complying though.) There are about 2000 people behind bars now in this situation.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/juvenile-justice/youth-incarceration/juvenile-life-without-parole

This is a drug dealer. He knows his trade. His aim is to get new recruits, new users and increase his profits.
He does not need to introduce a recurring expense to his product. If it was that easy, he would be doing it himself.

1) SOURCE1 was not telling the truth and they were buying hte marijuana from him. She gave the money, didn't get the goods first time.

3) There is no dabs transaction and that was SOURCE1's lie to play down their role. They buy it from Suspect and sell it.

4) This is all between SOURCE1 and Suspect. But since they are not in good terms (mother kicking out Suspec), KC does the legwork.

All great theories! There is just something here that doesn't add up. Maybe it is left off the affidavit on purpose so LE doesn't show their hand. I'm hoping this is cleared up in the courtroom, but unfortunately, that could be a couple of years from now.

There are holes in the story so any of those options could be true. I think LE is most concerned about who murdered Kaytlynn and less worried about who was selling $300 worth of marijuana and/or making dabs. We may never find out the whole truth with Kaytlynn not here to explain her part in this.

I think LE is most concerned about who murdered Kaytlynn and less worried about who was selling $300 worth of marijuana and/or making dabs. We may never find out the whole truth with Kaytlynn not here to explain her part in this.

I agree.

i think my original post about that subject just went in the wrong direction or out of context. I in no way think her selling or making dabs was a harmless way to make some cash and idk how that conclusion occurred.

I do agree that no one deserves this, and anyone can put stuff like this behind them. its just risky. wish she never took the risk.

Honestly don't agree, but that's ok, we can differ on this point. We both agree she didn't deserve to be hurt and killed. I'm confident that she would also have had plenty of time to grow out of this stage and lead the good life she was meant to if this piece of crap didn't take her life.

I think my point was missed entirely. I said my step son used to trade on cl to get money for things. I never said it was the same as selling drugs. my point was kids do things that have some level of risk to get things they want. different levels. selling drugs is risky. meeting strangers can be risky. i hope that is clearer.

That is why I say I have hard time grasping most comments here. It looks like I am living on a different planet.

Selling drugs is reduced to same risk category as selling shoes on CL. Hammer murderer pyscho even gets sympathy (I know this is because people have kind hearts). Any and every bad behavior is somehow being excused or justified to accommodate the outlier.

Nobody deserves the outcome, but it is not for vain that there is the saying "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure".
When you excuse bad behavior, "prevention" aspect is removed from the equation. You get to deal with the "cure" all the time.

My gf, when crossing a street on traffic lights, never checked the cars. She moves straight ahead. She says "It is green, they should stop".
Yes, they should, but guess what, **** happens. One time 3 lanes of cars stopped, on 4th lane an old woman drove through the red light full speed. Had I not pulled her back in the nick of time, both her and my dog would have been under that car. Now she checks each time.
"Common sense" is not a luxury, it is a necessity for survival.

Also this is NOT "a little" extra cash. For an adult, it is like $10,000. At that age, I worked 3 months for that money.

i think my original post about that subject just went in the wrong direction or out of context. I in no way think her selling or making dabs was a harmless way to make some cash and idk how that conclusion occurred.

I do agree that no one deserves this, and anyone can put stuff like this behind them. its just risky. wish she never took the risk.
Gotcha. It's sometimes hard to relay your thoughts into words. Been there myself, again I will repeat that I believe we are all on the same page in that this youngster should not have lost her life no matter what she was up to. It's a sad tragedy and I wish her family healing and peace as well as justice for her.

I think my point was missed entirely. I said my step son used to trade on cl to get money for things. I never said it was the same as selling drugs. my point was kids do things that have some level of risk to get things they want. different levels. selling drugs is risky. meeting strangers can be risky. i hope that is clearer.

I think I understood what you were saying but thanks for clarifying for those who didn't. Some people see everything in black & white. Others of us don't.

How do we know source 1 wasn't credible? It's horrible what happened, but I bet they have a lot more evidence than was just in the affidavit. IMO, you don't just get involved with weed one time and then decide to "help/work with" a dealer. Weed is a lot more common than some would realize and it's all very sad. Regardless, she shouldn't have lost her life. But, when you look at the facts and take emotions out if it...this all happened over marijuana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to harp on this again but making dabs is not the same as manufacturing drugs.
It IS manufacturing drugs. Period. Its not even open to debate. It is a simple fact.

They are not anything to do with narcos or cartels or the kind of drugs that actually kill people who use them such as meth, heroin, alcohol and cocaine.
I wasn't aware that you needed to be Al Pacino in Scarface for it to be considered bad.

That is a frightening stance to take on the issue of drugs.

Marijuana is on its way to being legal in Europe and will be legal in Texas before you know it. Once it is, will you look back at the circumstances alleged in this case and think of it the same way?
Absolutely. The government making it easier for people to acquire and then sell certain drugs does not lessen drug related tragedies in my book.

As someone that lives in a place where marijuana is legal and applauded for curing and treating a variety of ailments, it is mildly offensive to see some folks continually villianizing it and reacting out of fear or ignorance
Its legal here too and the utopia fantasized and predicted by those wanting it legal has yet to materialize. It never will materialize either. There will always be crime and tragedies in the wake of drugs regardless of it being one you advocate for.

That's where the real ignorance comes in.

What I find offensive is little girls getting murdered over it...but that's just me. I will never reach a point in life where I don't "villianize" something that leads to daily tragedies.

Even if it cures cancer, there's better ways of handling that than just tossing out marijuana cards to every Tom, Dick, and Sheila who wants to grow a few pounds in their backyard.

The only possible thing that makes marijuana at all relevant to this poor girl's brutal murder is its alleged use as a lure to get her into the perp's apartment.
No...that's attempting to minimize what really happened and get marijuana out of the equation as this tragedy doesn't help push the narrative going about legal marijuana being the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Just like with every other drug, bad things can and do happen. Getting higher grade marijuana into peoples hands quicker isn't going to change that.

that does not mean we have to blindly label things a certain way just because the US tries to position it as an evil to maintain leverage over its border countries and indigenous communities that would profit from its legalization.
Whether they consider it evil or the hot new trend of the day its not stopping these things from happening.

Yes...people are profiting from it. HUGE profits.

Crime isn't going down either. All it achieved is a rearranging of the deck chairs and a slightly different(yet the same) group of people making money from it.

Sadly there will continue to be more crime and innocent kids like Kaytlynn getting caught up in it. I think it needs to stop and not just be considered collateral damage in the narcotic supply and demand chain.

Once its legal in Europe you will see this. Having said that, its usually ex smokers and non-smokers that see it first.

If people want to move on from this topic... why does it keep getting brought up?

According To Channel 4 news Jordin Roache is the tennager who killed her. Look it up, there is a photo of the back him standing with his mother possibly in front of a judge. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member