Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this just unbelievable. I don't care if drugs were involved or not. What was the point of killing a 14 year old girl with a hammer?

To me, the reason she went there was for drugs, whether she knew it or not, or source1 told her that, or used that as a lure to get her there, I don't think the murderer was going to sell her drugs, I think that he was sexually interested in 14 year old girls, she resisted s

I'm sorry but I don't understand what his race has to do with it. He's a murderer regardless of his or her race. Murderer! He murdered her. Period.

Thank you! I was about to post similar thoughts. I am offended by that sentence. Yes, it's sad it was a teenager that murdered her, whether white or black. Race isn't the issue.

Some people see everything in black & white. Others of us don't.

June 19: Police says mother reported daughter missing, found dog tied up in the park.

June 20: Source1 witnessed a digital message about a drug transaction between KC and a black male. Source1 believed KC was supposed to meet Suspect in the pool area...

[Source1 has no mention of his involvement.]

June 21: Body found. Dumpster location identified. Dumpster was picked up on this date.

June 22: Body confirmed KC.

June 23: Source1 was smoking marijuana with KC in her apartment. KC received a digital message to meet with Suspect about buying and selling marijuana. Source1 followed behind her with her dog. Source was stated he followed KC because he was curious and concerned for her safety (because Suspect1 was aggressive towards women). KC runs away, they go back after an hour and KC leave her dog with him while she goes to meet Suspect. Source1 plays 30-minutes basketball, leaves the dog tied, goes back to apartment, messages KC, then comes back to park to find mother with the dog.

July 18: ME confirms it is KC's blood on bathtub, door and patio railing.

July 28: Detectives visit Source1 again. Source1 says they were going to get Marijuana for free. Then make dabs and give it back to Suspect.

[Source1 only now mentions his involvement.
]

We don't see it black and white. We see it the way it was stated on facts without trying to put "Poor kid, he felt guilty, he has conscience" angle that you implied.

Source1 is a drug dealear/drug pusher and up until the last moment, he was trying to cover his back. Even at the end, he put it all on KC.

Had he not done that and been truthful at the start, perhaps they could have located her body before it ended up in the landfill.

I had forgot about the bathtub. He could've placed her body in there obviously but its also possible this is where the initial attack happened. For those that don't know, some drug deals take place in the bathroom...especially if there's anyone else in the apartment/house. Add a sexual component to this deal, he might have wanted her in the bathroom for that as well.

June 19: Police says mother reported daughter missing, found dog tied up in the park.

June 20: Source1 witnessed a digital message about a drug transaction between KC and a black male. Source1 believed KC was supposed to meet Suspect in the pool area...

June 21: Body found. Dumpster location identified. Dumpster was picked up on this date.

June 22: Body confirmed KC.

June 23: Source1 was smoking marijuana with KC in her apartment. KC received a digital message to meet with Suspect about buying and selling marijuana. Source1 followed behind her with her dog. Source was stated he followed KC because he was curious and concerned for her safety (because Suspect1 was aggressive towards women). KC runs away, they go back after an hour and KC leave her dog with him while she goes to meet Suspect. Source1 plays 30-minutes basketball, leaves the dog tied, goes back to apartment, messages KC, then comes back to park to find mother with the dog.

July 18: ME confirms it is KC's blood on bathtub, door and patio railing.

July 28: Detectives visit Source1 again. Source1 says they were going to get Marijuana for free. Then make dabs and give it back to Suspect.

[Source1 only now mentions his involvement.
]

We don't see it black and white. We see it the way it was stated on facts without trying to put "Poor kid, he felt guilty, he has conscience" angle that you implied.

Source1 is a drug dealear/drug pusher and up until the last moment, he was trying to cover his back. Even at the end, he put it all on KC.

Had he not done that and been truthful at the start, perhaps they could have located her body before it ended up in the landfill.

I just wanted to add on to your well written post with the following:

From the affidavit: It clearly says "Source 1 was at Kaytlynn's apartment smoking marijuana."

Nowhere does it say SHE was smoking. Maybe it is implied by source 1, but there is no tox report to state this as fact. Maybe she was, but that is NOT what it says in the affidavit.

ETA: Source 1 needed to tell ALL the story, right away, if he wanted a clear conscience. I couldn't fall asleep knowing KC was missing. Especially when I KNEW where she was last going. That would tear at most of us, I would surmise.

I find this just unbelievable. I don't care if drugs were involved or not. What was the point of killing a 14 year old girl with a hammer?

To me, the reason she went there was for drugs, whether she knew it or not, or source1 told her that, or used that as a lure to get her there, I don't think the murderer was going to sell her drugs, I think that he was sexually interested in 14 year old girls, she resisted s

At the moment, the only information we have to go by is what has been said by Source 1.

Whether or not that is true will (hopefully) be cleared up at trial.

When you say:

"I don't think the murderer was going to sell her drugs, I think that he was sexually interested in 14 year old girls, she resisted"

How do you arrive at that thought? Has information been brought forward by other teens he may have accosted? I wonder if I missed some information in my attempt to keep up with this thread.

I had forgot about the bathtub. He could've placed her body in there obviously but its also possible this is where the initial attack happened. For those that don't know, some drug deals take place in the bathroom...especially if there's anyone else in the apartment/house. Add a sexual component to this deal, he might have wanted her in the bathroom for that as well.

I just assumed it was from him washing/showering the blood off himself after the murder.

They also cannot be sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

"The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in June 2012 that juveniles convicted of murder cannot be subject to a mandatory sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole."

This is also retroactive for juveniles previously given life sentences. (There are states that aren't complying though.) There are about 2000 people behind bars now in this situation.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/juvenile-justice/youth-incarceration/juvenile-life-without-parole

That's correct about LWOP/minors. It can be given to those under 18, but it must be presented in terms of mitigation and aggravation, and the judge will make the decision. In one particular case, a 17 yr old was convicted of 1st degree kidnapping, robbery w/a dangerous weapon, and 1st degree murder. (He had accomplice who was of age who took a plea in Federal court before he was tried in State court -- traded the DP for LWOP). The minor was given LWOP and then the SCOTUS made the "no mandatory" rule. His LWOP was removed. -- his case was the first to be reviewed here in NC, and the judge assessed LWOP. So LWOP can be given, but not as a mandatory sentence.

I don't know how Texas treats this ruling...

I just wanted to add on to your well written post with the following:

From the affidavit: It clearly says "Source 1 was at Kaytlynn's apartment smoking marijuana."

Nowhere does it say SHE was smoking. Maybe it is implied by source 1, but there is no tox report to state this as fact. Maybe she was, but that is NOT what it says in the affidavit.

ETA: Source 1 needed to tell ALL the story, right away, if he wanted a clear conscience. I couldn't fall asleep knowing KC was missing. Especially when I KNEW where she was last going. That would tear at most of us, I would surmise.

True. Here is the line from affidavit:

"During the interview Investigator Hicks learned that on the date of her disapperance Source 1 was at Kaythlynn's apartment smoking marijuana."

It is not apparent from here if this is singular or plural. <modsnip> Point of post was about Source1 though.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

"a friend said she saw Kaytlynn tie her dog's leash to a fence and asked friends to watch the dog but never returned."

I wonder if "she" here is the Source1. KC did not tie her dog to the fence. Source1 was spinning it?

From the affidavit:
1st TIME: "When Kaytlynn left her apartment to meet wiht XXXX, Source 1 followed behind her with her dog."

2nd TIME: "Approximately one hour later Kaytlynn and Source 1 walked to the dog park area ... When they arrived, Kaytlynn left the dog with Source 1 and she walked west" "...Source 1 tied the dog up in the dog park "

I started to like this Source1 less and less.

Also any idea why mother so quickly went out after her 30-mins after she left? And called police so so fast? Initial police reports said family believe she went to a friend.

I am guessing mother was concerned that K was hanging out with people she shouldn't have been hanging out with.
"The friend" she supposedly went to visit could very well have been the person who turned out to be the suspect. Apparently she went voluntarily to this person's apartment (at least if source 1 is to be believed).

Obviously DRUGS are what got her killed so yes its a big deal IMO.
Everything and every one in this shares blame unfortunately a young girl lost her life.
Very dangerous situation.
A very dangerous business.

JMO

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

I wonder if "she" here is the Source1. KC did not tie her dog to the fence. Source1 was spinning it?

From the affidavit:

Also any idea why mother so quickly went out after her 30-mins after she left? And called police so so fast? Initial police reports said family believe she went to a friend.

I think MOM was worried about her daughter maybe had ideas what was going on but not the extent.
possibly did not like the FRIENDS she was hanging out with.

JMO

Do we have anyone here who is an expert on Texas law? Even though I am a Texas resident, I am the first to admit that I know nothing of the process. I think?????? I know there has to be a hearing to determine if suspect should be tried as an adult. After that, how long to trial? I feel reasonably sure that the defense attorney will try to use various legal maneuvers to stall a trial as long as possible. There is only one thing of which I am certain. Kaytlynn's mom & family can't even begin to heal until a trial & appeals are over. Not that they will ever completely heal, that's likely impossible, but they do need a starting place to begin trying. My heart hurts so badly for them!!

Obviously DRUGS are what got her killed so yes its a big deal IMO.
Everything and every one in this shares blame unfortunately a young girl lost her life.
Very dangerous situation.
A very dangerous business.

JMO

no.. 'money' was the enticement and the lure..a predator killed her, most likely she resisted an assault.
imho..

From the affidavit:

The reason I am asking this is because now I am strongly suspecting SOURCE1 got KC involved with this all and that SOURCE1 and Suspect has a history beyond what is stated.

Why would a drug dealer (or anyone) be given accommodation in SOURCE1's house by SOURCE1's mother if there is no prior history?

He is a 16 year old boy. He's sexually interested in everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member