Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i grew up in a poor town w nothing to do. many got involved w drugs. some ended up in prison. some are still addicts. but a lot have grown up, gotten past that (even some that spent time in prison) became workers and have families.

I feel for her early demise. Sad that a young girl is lost. Unfortunately, inevitable in these circles. Everyone I know from same circles is either dead, or in jail. It is not surprising. High risk. These people are no longer normal -- they are most of the time detached from reality. So bad things happen. They can't reason properly.

What I don't find right is the mentality to promote her to "ANGEL" status.

Umm.. where were this kids parents? Blood splatter all over, there's no way he cleaned up enough for them not notice.. how do you explain that?

From the affadavit:

June 23rd 2017 Detective Shelley and Investigator Hicks met with (girlfriend) at her apartment. (girlfriend) conrirmed that (suspect) was at her residence on Monday, June 19, 2017 and that she did not return to her residence until that Monday at approximately 2300 hours. (girlfriend) also confirmed that the other two residents were out of town which leaves (suspect) as the only occupant in the residence.

From what I understand, he lives with his girlfriend and her parents, with the only known relative being his uncle who picked him up and had his apartment searched after the arrest.

In 2005, the US Supreme Court decided that execution of anyone who commits a crime who is under the age of 18 at the time of the crime will not be eligible for execution. IIRC, the suspect was 17 -- but I could certainly be mistaken.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4518051

The Supreme Court, in 2012, also ruled in Miller v. Alabama that juveniles could not be automatically sentenced to life without parole.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=6291421178853922648&hl=en&as_sdt=6&as_vis=1&oi=scholarr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont really see any apartment complex as "upscale". its renters. ppl with the means to own, usually do. that being said, the neighborhood itself may be a low crime, middle class area.

I read early on that housing complex was middle class to upscale.. how very wrong that report was.

honestly, the way it is worded, brother and source 1 could be the same person.

A witness told police that Kaytlynn went to the dog park that day to take part in a marijuana exchange with the suspect and his brother, according to the affidavit. She was going to make marijuana “dabs” — or cannabis concentrates — and sell it back to the suspect, the affidavit says.

The witness said he followed Kaytlynn because he was concerned for her safety. The witness later told Bedford police that the suspect had been aggressive and disrespectful to females, the affidavit states.

The witness saw Kaytlynn meet with the suspect, but she ran away because she saw the witness watching them, according to the warrant. The witness and Kaytlynn returned to Kaytlynn’s home, but Kaytlynn returned to the dog park about an hour later “to get the money,” according to the warrant.

The witness, who had tied up Kaytlynn’s dog at the dog park, went to play basketball and never saw her again, according to the warrant.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...t-tarrant/article171348142.html#storylink=cpy

So there is another reference to the 'suspect and his brother.' I thought that Source 1 was his brother or stepbrother, half brother. But there is a mention of the suspect's brother being in on the deal. So where was he during this violence?

From the affadavit:

From what I understand, he lives with his girlfriend and her parents, with the only known relative being his uncle who picked him up and had his apartment searched after the arrest.

Let me go back & look for a link. It was posted a couple of days ago that his mother was in court & asked that he be released into her custody. The judge denied her request & ordered that he remain in jail. I'll be back if & when I find the link.

even if he is tried as an adult, execution wont be on the table. they cannot execute minors.

yes, to hear what he's concocted.. if he's dumb enuf to take it to trial and alot of criminals do seem to like going to trial. Hopefully he's tried as an adult and execution is on the table..so the DA offers him a choice, life without or risk it at trial. <modsnip>

its actually pretty risky. and it is the same desire for "stuff" that leads kids to trade that leads them to sell drugs.

Trading and selling stuff online or otherwise has little to do with manufacturing drugs. Jmo.

Kids want to make money at 14? Do what my daughter did Babysit, mow lawns, etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

its actually pretty risky. and it is the same desire for "stuff" that leads kids to trade that leads them to sell drugs.

Presumably not as risky as trying to deal with someone who is allegedly a drug dealer with a history of violence. Even the "source 1" claims to know suspect was violent.

my narco comment was more that they had more power in "the war on drugs" because they were bringing it.

marijuana is legal in my state yet ppl still get killed over it. there are four men missing from norcal behind marijuana business.

I'm sorry to harp on this again but making dabs is not the same as manufacturing drugs. They are not anything to do with narcos or cartels or the kind of drugs that actually kill people who use them such as meth, heroin, alcohol and cocaine.

Marijuana is on its way to being legal in Europe and will be legal in Texas before you know it. Once it is, will you look back at the circumstances alleged in this case and think of it the same way? The only possible thing that makes marijuana at all relevant to this poor girl's brutal murder is its alleged use as a lure to get her into the perp's apartment.

As someone that lives in a place where marijuana is legal and applauded for curing and treating a variety of ailments, it is mildly offensive to see some folks continually villianizing it and reacting out of fear or ignorance of what it is even though the mods have asked us to move on and dabs (or hash oil) explained multiple times. While we all respect and seek the idea of justice in the world, that does not mean we have to blindly label things a certain way just because the US tries to position it as an evil to maintain leverage over its border countries and indigenous communities that would profit from its legalization.

/rant

you never know. how many ppl you hear of go missing when selling **** on cl? there have been several cases here on webseuths. ^shrug^

Presumably not as risky as trying to deal with someone who is allegedly a drug dealer with a history of violence. Even the "source 1" claims to know suspect was violent.

you never know. how many ppl you hear of go missing when selling **** on cl? there have been several cases here on webseuths. ^shrug^

Seriously, we are discussing a case where 14 year old was killed, allegedly during a drug deal gone bad. Are we seriously going to argue whether drug dealing and manufacturing is a safe activity for teenagers to make a little extra cash?

im not arguing w anyone. I see parallels, you don't. that is fine. I don't really care.

Seriously, we are discussing a case where 14 year old was killed, allegedly during a drug deal gone bad. Are we seriously going to argue whether drug dealing and manufacturing is a safe activity for teenagers to make a little extra cash?

I'm sorry to harp on this again but making dabs is not the same as manufacturing drugs. They are not anything to do with narcos or cartels or the kind of drugs that actually kill people who use them such as meth, heroin, alcohol and cocaine.

Marijuana is on its way to being legal in Europe and will be legal in Texas before you know it. Once it is, will you look back at the circumstances alleged in this case and think of it the same way? The only possible thing that makes marijuana at all relevant to this poor girl's brutal murder is its alleged use as a lure to get her into the perp's apartment.

As someone that lives in a place where marijuana is legal and applauded for curing and treating a variety of ailments, it is mildly offensive to see some folks continually villianizing it and reacting out of fear or ignorance of what it is even though the mods have asked us to move on and dabs (or hash oil) explained multiple times. While we all respect and seek the idea of justice in the world, that does not mean we have to blindly label things a certain way just because the US tries to position it as an evil to maintain leverage over its border countries and indigenous communities that would profit from its legalization.

/rant
I mean I see it similarly to if she died over getting/selling booze.

unfortunately im beyond familiar w it, my now 19 year old was into that and he was making it too. I couldn't get him to act right for anything, I had to send himt o live w his father. but then he got cancer.

he is living w a friend, working and not making dabs any longer, thank God. and is in remission.

Thanks for sharing and I'm happy to hear he's in remission. And that he's doing better :heartluv::heartluv:

i dont really see any apartment complex as "upscale". its renters. ppl with the means to own, usually do. that being said, the neighborhood itself may be a low crime, middle class area.

I was speaking relatively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member