TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The judge who was supposed to see him recused himself from the case for personal reasons. It's unknown at this time what those reasons are, so another judge filled in.

But prosecutors told ABC13 at the courthouse that all the investigators are traumatized.

"The sheriff's office and I are working very closely together to make sure that justice is done in this case and that everyone's rights are protected and the children that are still surviving are protected as well. This is just a starting point," said Andrea Beall with the Harris County District Attorney's Office.

When Coulter arrived, he walked in slowly, asking the judge several questions. At times, it appeared that he didn't understand what was being read to him.

Coulter also asked the judge to repeat what the charge was against him, and if he's convicted, if the sentencing is indeed five to 99 years or life.

The judge said yes, but also advised him to speak through his attorney because anything he says in court can be used against him.

The initial judge's recusal has implications in the case, at least for now.

Coulter and Williams were arrested Tuesday evening at a public library where they were searching news articles about themselves, ABC13 learned.
NOTE: The ages of the three boys, as provided by authorities, have changed as more details have been released about the case. At Wednesday's press conference, officials said the surviving brothers are 15, 9 and 7, and the deceased boy was 8 at the time of his death last year.
Child abuse suspect faces judge for 1st time in bizarre appearance

I don't want to attack the 'accused' killer's parents; But I want to hear more from them. I need to try to understand how he became this way.. What happened to him between 'this is not who we raised our son to be' and 'our relationship has been distant for years'? What, if any, violence did they witness from him as a child, teen? Animal abuse? Did he bully other children? Repeated domestic abuse of previous exes? Was he abusive to his own family? What interventions did they try on him, if any, or did they just grow distant as he turned into a monster?
https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cb/cm2019.pdf#page=69

According to the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS), 71.8% of child abuse or neglect cases occurred at the hands of victims’ parents in 2015, the most recent year for which numbers are available. The leading risk factors in that study were—no surprise—parental alcohol abuse, drug abuse or domestic violence.

In my experience there is usually a psychopathology in the parents,” says trauma psychologist Priscilla Dass-Brailsford, an adjunct professor in the department of psychiatry at Georgetown University. “They’re depressed perhaps, they’re bipolar, they’re schizophrenic. Some of the parents themselves might have been abused as children, though I say that warily because it’s not an excuse to abuse your own children.”

David Finkelhor, professor of sociology and director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire, sees two other diagnostic profiles that might fit the parents: delusional or paranoid states, which can lead to all manner of irrational or abusive behavior.

A misguided ideology might be another factor. “Parents may tell themselves they’re protecting their children from the corruption of an awful society,” says Finkelhor, “or that children are evil and need to be chastised or brought into line.”

One additional risk factor for either or both parents might be a state that Skowron calls “extreme threat-sensitivity,” often seen in highly abusive parents. “They view the world through a lens of things that are threatening, that ‘my child is more powerful than me,'” she says. “‘If I am in complete control then I can calm down.'”

Indeed, Skowron says that such parents actually become more physiologically stressed in the few instances that they show nurturing behavior to their children. Better — for the parents at least — to crack back down and feel that their world is in order again.
The Twisted Psychology of Parents Who Torture Their Children

The Psychology of Child Torture

Coulter signed a legal consequences form and an emergency protection order. The legal consequences form states he is not allowed to have any direct or indirect contact with any of the three surviving children in the home. Part of his bond conditions state he would be required to wear an ankle monitor, be under house arrest, and cannot have any contact with the co-defendant, his girlfriend and the child’s mother, Gloria Williams. Williams is charged with injury to child and tampering with evidence. ‘Very emotional and taxing’: Man accused of killing girlfriend’s son makes first court appearance

The judge who was supposed to see him recused himself from the case for personal reasons. It's unknown at this time what those reasons are, so another judge filled in.

But prosecutors told ABC13 at the courthouse that all the investigators are traumatized.
[snip]
The initial judge's recusal has implications in the case, at least for now.
Child abuse suspect faces judge for 1st time in bizarre appearance

Brian Coulter, 31, clad in an orange jumpsuit was led into the courtroom in handcuffs and shackles, marking his first public appearance since his arrest on Tuesday.

A judge read the charge against Coulter aloud and asked the defendant if he understood it. Coulter repeated the charge he is facing back to the judge.

[snip]

Prosecutor Andrea Beall, who only handles child fatalities as part of her job, told KPRC this case stands out.

'This is the only type of case I deal with, and I will say this particular case is such a gross deviation from what we expect human beings to behave like that it has been very emotional and taxing on the investigators, the DA’s office,,' she said, 'and the priority should be making sure that all the surviving children get the help they need.'
Suspect in Houston House of Horrors make first court appearance | Daily Mail Online

Actually, he seems like the exact type of person who would fit it extremely well in the prison environment, he may even flourish. Maybe not in the right direction, but it seems to me like he'd be very comfortable there. Afterall, he claims to be a hard *advertiser censored** tough guy so.... He'll have plenty of time to get comfortable there, hopefully.

Ruby I respectfully disagree. He's a cartoon character albeit a murderer of little children. He's no man. He can only beat and murder kids. That whole facade is just that.

If he wants to survive inside? He's going to have to join a group I won't mention. He'll be segregated, but there is race involved here and inside same. Everyone will know what he did to that little guy. They'll know what he made those other boys suffer.

Come to think of it....he'll be on his own. Nobody will want him inside.

We'll see. To them, and even me and I'm old. He's a joke. Pathetic. We'd say poser. Wannabe. There's others I can't use.

God Bless these boys.

Only 2 people are responsible for the death and abuse of the children, the mother and boyfriend. The family of these 2 are victims also. You can only do so much when it comes to how a relative is caring for their children.
And this includes boyfriends parents, some people just become evil and are are not raised to be that way.

Ruby I respectfully disagree. He's a cartoon character albeit a murderer of little children. He's no man. He can only beat and murder kids. That whole facade is just that.

If he wants to survive inside? He's going to have to join a group I won't mention. He'll be segregated, but there is race involved here and inside same. Everyone will know what he did to that little guy. They'll know what he made those other boys suffer.

We'll see. To them, and even me and I'm old. He's a joke. Pathetic. We'd say poser. Wannabe. There's others I can't use.

God Bless these boys.

well he claims to be a crip, so he will prob have a hard time fitting in with the unmentioned group. And I doubt the crips will claim him. He’s def going to have a hard time.

He wanted to be “bout that life”…. Well, he got what he wanted. Good luck with that.

well he claims to be a crip, so he will prob have a hard time fitting in with the unmentioned group. And I doubt the crips will claim him. He’s def going to have a hard time.

He wanted to be “bout that life”…. Well, he got what he wanted. Good luck with that.

Oh good Lord. The ADL says Texas is one of the worse States involving racist gangs. I believe it.

One being the unmentioned who will not only rebuke him, but ......

No matter nobody, but nobody can stand someone like this. Murdering a child. Then busting up the brothers jaw. Not to nention the PTSD these kids will have. No man nor woman tolerates that. He had to go to sleep right?

They're going to have to put him in solitary IMO. Momster? I just dunno? I don't. Anymore I don't know when it comes to maternal instinct.

Somehow I don't see him having much of a life left. Karma is on the way with her flying monkeys I think. I hope. :D

*I saw the headline yesterday evening and I told myself - No, don’t do it. Don’t. I didn’t. I woke up. I did it. I’m sorry I did. I didn’t know it was going to be this ghoulish. I thought I had it bad when I was a kid. I need to reassess… you expressed yourself beautifully. I just can’t right now.

Grandmother 2: I don’t understand. What do ya mean if you would have known? You haven’t been there to see your grandson? When was the last time you saw Ja'Veon?

Linda Smith, the grandmother of one of Williams' young sons, told DailyMail.com in an interview on Wednesday that had she known what was going on, she would have adopted her grandson, Ja'Veon Kirklin, 7, along with his brothers.
I’m not understanding that statement.... “If you would have known”

Does that mean she thought GW was a good parent from the beginning and never suspected abuse?

Never called social services?

No one called? No one?

Or reported multiple times?

I thought the school would have reported.

:(

God Bless these boys.
I must agree with you. I worked a while in TX prisons, specifically in gang intelligence, extortion and sexual assault. . . He'll have a very difficult time. JMO

the poor little lad was autistic and non verbal...he wouldn't have understood anything. bless his little heart.
Just because someone is nonverbal or semi verbal doesn’t mean they don’t understand what is going on. The fact that the parents thought they could get away with it due to this poor child’s autism makes me even angrier. Autistic people are not “less than”. Most of the time they are able to comprehend the world, they just have a harder time communicating that they can - and the fact that these pieces of absolute garbage decided that killing Kendrick instead of trying to understand and fulfill his needs makes me a different kind of angry. These people need the death penalty and nothing less.

From what I read, each child has a different father. One or more of the fathers is diseased. I smell drug abuse running through this entire family.

Brian Coulter, who beat the 8 year old boy to death, looks to be the worst kind of individual--wearing fake bling, constantly talking street slang, ugly face tattoos.....just a pathetic loser who is definitely not going to be enjoying the rest of his life in prison.

I would hazard a guess he has a life expectancy in prison in the single digits. Not sure of the death penalty standards in Texas. Here in California he could be charged with special circumstances of torture which would qualify.

I'm glad the mother has a huge bail. She needs to stay locked up for a long, long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back