TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coulter was not present in court on Wednesday because he was undergoing a mental health evaluation.
[snip]
Recent social media posts show that Williams has been referring to Coulter as her husband, and the two even got matching 'warrior' tattoos.

Coulter's significant collection of body art also includes the words 'loyalty' and 'family over everything,' along with face tattoos depicting a cross and a dollar sign.

His Instagram page, which was last updated in August, shows the murder suspect posing up in his over-the-top jewelry, listening to hip hop and making unintelligible comments.

Mom, 35, and her boyfriend, 31, arrested two days after her three children were found abandoned | Daily Mail Online

BBM I feel awful but I needed this laugh. Put me in mind of that woah Vicky girl on social media when I read that line.
Daily Mail comes through with the pics.
This cop's face though..
I wonder what Coulter is sayin'
Screenshot_2021-10-29-16-43-27-85.jpg
ETA: photo is from your link

Last edited:
https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cb/cm2019.pdf#page=69

According to the National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS), 71.8% of child abuse or neglect cases occurred at the hands of victims’ parents in 2015, the most recent year for which numbers are available. The leading risk factors in that study were—no surprise—parental alcohol abuse, drug abuse or domestic violence.

In my experience there is usually a psychopathology in the parents,” says trauma psychologist Priscilla Dass-Brailsford, an adjunct professor in the department of psychiatry at Georgetown University. “They’re depressed perhaps, they’re bipolar, they’re schizophrenic. Some of the parents themselves might have been abused as children, though I say that warily because it’s not an excuse to abuse your own children.”

David Finkelhor, professor of sociology and director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire, sees two other diagnostic profiles that might fit the parents: delusional or paranoid states, which can lead to all manner of irrational or abusive behavior.

A misguided ideology might be another factor. “Parents may tell themselves they’re protecting their children from the corruption of an awful society,” says Finkelhor, “or that children are evil and need to be chastised or brought into line.”

One additional risk factor for either or both parents might be a state that Skowron calls “extreme threat-sensitivity,” often seen in highly abusive parents. “They view the world through a lens of things that are threatening, that ‘my child is more powerful than me,'” she says. “‘If I am in complete control then I can calm down.'”

Indeed, Skowron says that such parents actually become more physiologically stressed in the few instances that they show nurturing behavior to their children. Better — for the parents at least — to crack back down and feel that their world is in order again.
The Twisted Psychology of Parents Who Torture Their Children

The Psychology of Child Torture
Jeezers. This is terrifying

And is it wrong (probably is) to hope they are on the receiving end of some prison justice?
*If it’s wrong, I don’t wanna be right. It’s called Karma, baby and it’s pronounced: Justified Jail Justice.

"The manager of Buc-ee's called dispatch and asked for a welfare check on an intoxicated male subject who they thought was possibly armed with a handgun," explained Luling Chief of Police Bill Sala in an interview with ABC13. "My officer went out there and encountered Brian Coulter, and his passenger was Gloria Williams."

According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Coulter is believed to have beaten Lee to death in front of his three brothers the week before last Thanksgiving, which fell on Nov. 26, 2020.

"The manager of Buc-ee's called dispatch and asked for a welfare check on an intoxicated male subject who they thought was possibly armed with a handgun," explained Luling Chief of Police Bill Sala in an interview with ABC13. "My officer went out there and encountered Brian Coulter, and his passenger was Gloria Williams."

Sala said Coulter was in the Caldwell County Jail from Nov. 23 until Nov. 29 when he bonded out. "The timeline is disturbing," said Sala. "One of the issues was that he was tired because they had driven from Houston to San Antonio and were on their way back to Houston, so they were driving all day."

The arrest happened around 7 a.m., Sala said. The officer believed Coulter was high. He was cited for having marijuana and charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon, a .45 caliber handgun.

Two weeks ago, Sala said Coulter called his department demanding his gun be returned to him.

"In a highly intoxicated state, he did cuss out my administrative assistant, and she told him I would call him back, which I have not," Sala said.

Coulter's case in Luling is still pending. The police chief reflected on all that he's learned about the abandoned children, and the conditions in which they were left.

"Once you think you've seen it all, you find out you have not, and anything that happens to a child is disturbing. Beyond disturbing."
Child Abuse Case: Mother's boyfriend arrested in Luling during the week of boy's deadly beating

Gloria Williams of the Houston House of Horrors told investigators that she did not report her son’s death because her boyfriend Brian Coulter told her not to. “This mother had a year to go to law enforcement so you can’t tell me you were scared every minute for a year,” said Lt. Dennis Wilford, Coulter was “manipulative.” When asked why the boys didn’t call the authorities sooner, Wilford said, “I think I was absolutely scared … was basically absolutely scared, hoping and relying on that at some point his mother would contact law enforcement … and that didn’t happen. “

Williams did no physical harm to the children, but Wilford said she was just as harmful to her children as her boyfriend. “I would say you are both an abuser,” Wilford told reporters. “He is an abuser physically and she is an omission abuser.”
Gloria Williams watched in silence as Brian Coulter beat the nonverbal, autistic son to death

Court documents obtained by DailyMail.com indicate that the mom-of-six more recently had been charged for failing to enroll her children in school.

Alief Independent School District told KTRK that in 2019 and 2020, the school district filed truancy papers against the siblings' mother because two of them, Ja'Veon Kirklin and his older sister, were not attending school. The children were last enrolled in May 2020. Both charges were later dismissed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Suspect in Houston House of Horrors make first court appearance | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Titania Shorter scrubbed her front porch with Clorox and searched the bushes for dead animals trying to rid her apartment of a nauseating smell. She and neighbors complained to the front office of the west Houston apartment complex about the overwhelming odor that plagued them for weeks.
Neighbors smelled odor for weeks before shocking discovery of child corpse

I can’t see the article so I’m just going off of the headline. just weeks?? I can’t imagine it didn’t reek all throughout the hot summer.

No furniture at all. No bedding, no blankets, nothing that that we could see,"

The children never had beds and blankets? What was wrong with the "mother" from the very beginning, before this evil man even came into her life?

I do think so many people hold blame for not calling in a welfare check for these kids, including their relatives, the school system, the neighbors, etc.

I know it's tough to get involved, even anonymously, but something is really wrong when no one ever does, even though there were multiple reasons and chances to realize they needed to get more involved.

"I'm sorry. I didn't do it."

White asked Williams if she knew Kendrick was dead. Her response was,

"No."

When White asked Williams why she left the kids alone, she responded,

"I checked on them every two weeks."
Houston abandoned kids: Mother apologizes from jail | khou.com
Where was all this money coming from to rent two apartments? All that food and bling?
Was either one employed? I’m guessing not, wonder how they were funding their lifestyle?
JMO

The children never had beds and blankets? What was wrong with the "mother" from the very beginning, before this evil man even came into her life?

I do think so many people hold blame for not calling in a welfare check for these kids, including their relatives, the school system, the neighbors, etc.

I know it's tough to get involved, even anonymously, but something is really wrong when no one ever does, even though there were multiple reasons and chances to realize they needed to get more involved.
Wendy A. Walsh, Ph.D., is a research assistant professor of sociology at the Crimes against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire

https://oneintenpodcast.org/episodes/the-bystander-effect-why-people-dont-report-child-abuse-with-dr-wendy-walsh/

upload_2021-10-29_7-39-35.png

https://supportoversilenceforkids.org/for-bystanders

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Training/Reporting/documents/Reporting_Basics.pdf

To report abuse or neglect, call the Texas Abuse Hotline at 800-252-5400, use the secure website(link is external), or call any local or state law enforcement agency for cases that pose an imminent threat or danger to an individual.
Section 3000, Abuse and Neglect Reporting

https://www.theotx.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Abuse-Reporting-Guide-School-Professionals.pdf

Reporting Duties

Report Abuse
A person who reports abuse in good faith is immune from civil or criminal liability. DFPS keeps the name of the person making the report confidential. Anyone who does not report suspected abuse can be held liable for a misdemeanor or felony.

Time frames for investigating reports are based on the severity of the allegations. Reporting suspected abuse makes it possible for a family to get help.

Recognizing Signs of Abuse
Legal Definitions of Abuse
DFPS - Report Abuse or Neglect

"I'm sorry. I didn't do it."

White asked Williams if she knew Kendrick was dead. Her response was,

"No."

When White asked Williams why she left the kids alone, she responded,

"I checked on them every two weeks."

I won't even leave my cats overnight without someone coming by to feed and play with them. She "checked on" her kids every TWO WEEKS??? And FWIW, I don't even believe she did that much.

KHOU 11 reporter Grace White spoke with Gloria Williams in an exclusive jailhouse interview Thursday. She is behind bars after being charged with injury to a child by omission and tampering with evidence (human corpse).

[snip]

White asked Williams if she knew Kendrick was dead. Her response was, "No."

But according to court documents, investigators said Williams altered, destroyed and concealed Kendrick's body to get rid of evidence.

When White asked Williams why she left the kids alone, she responded, "I checked on them every two weeks."

Well, I've been avoiding this story because it's truly so deplorable, the complex looks like a normal apartment complex though. I'm not sure how people let this go on this long though I'm also sure the COVID stuff probably made people less open. Still, that stench of death in a semi-normal looking complex should have been investigated, I've been told the smell is unmistakable

Bringing this post over from the media no discussion thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back